4 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Engineering work between Kilwinning and Paisley stations on Saturday unfortunately. 

How many years has that been going on for every weekend about this time of year? You’d think they’d fucking finish whatever they’re doing at some point.

13 hours ago, Shibuya said:

How are Morton setting their team up nowadays then?

Defence solid but not very sexy ( comfortably the best defence in the league on stats)

Midfield- energetic, composed, lacks creativity.

Attack- Pace to burn, lack of composure, poor finishing.

An Akinyemi type in our team and i think we would be sitting 4 points better off as we beat Dundee and Hamilton with a decent striker.

Hopefully Dougie rectifies that for Saturday. Our season hinges on who we bring in. If we get it right, we should challenge top 4 but if not, its  bottom 4 for me as i doubt we maintain our current decent form over a season with 14/15 players and a couple of youths.

Should be an interesting few days for most teams in this division.

Are Ayr expecting any more additions?

21 minutes ago, madton said:

Defence solid but not very sexy ( comfortably the best defence in the league on stats)

Midfield- energetic, composed, lacks creativity.

Attack- Pace to burn, lack of composure, poor finishing.

An Akinyemi type in our team and i think we would be sitting 4 points better off as we beat Dundee and Hamilton with a decent striker.

Hopefully Dougie rectifies that for Saturday. Our season hinges on who we bring in. If we get it right, we should challenge top 4 but if not, its  bottom 4 for me as i doubt we maintain our current decent form over a season with 14/15 players and a couple of youths.

Should be an interesting few days for most teams in this division.

Are Ayr expecting any more additions?

Apparently expecting news on Thursday which would indicate players possibly being released. 

Apparently expecting news on Thursday which would indicate players possibly being released. 

Released from our end or picking up released players? Can’t think of anyone in the squad that we can afford to lose tbh. Before the LC I’d have said the likes of McAllister was expendable but even he’s shown that he’ll be useful this season.

On the game this’ll be a different kind of test. Morton will be hard to beat and if we win it won’t be by any more than a goal I don’t think. Could see Bullen changing this and going to a three in midfield with McKenzie dropping out but I’m not sure.

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Released from our end or picking up released players? Can’t think of anyone in the squad that we can afford to lose tbh. Before the LC I’d have said the likes of McAllister was expendable but even he’s shown that he’ll be useful this season.

On the game this’ll be a different kind of test. Morton will be hard to beat and if we win it won’t be by any more than a goal I don’t think. Could see Bullen changing this and going to a three in midfield with McKenzie dropping out but I’m not sure.

I had just seen Finlay say about any signings would be Thursday, so putting 2+2 together and amusing they would be under contract players at another club waiting on release before deadline day.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I hope not, both McKenzie and Ashford seem to be integral to how we're playing and both are linking up well and creating space for Dipo to work in, not to mention the balance with the side seems just about perfect at the moment with everyone in the team knowing their job.

I suppose it would be interesting as an experiment to see how Dipo and the team in general gets on without the running power and workrate of either McKenzie or Ashford but at the moment I'd be very wary of changing anything.

That said, I still hope we bring in a couple of quality acquisitions on Thursday which will at least provide much needed cover and a bit of competition in the forward positions.

Is it still pay at the gate ??

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Is it still pay at the gate ??

Aye you can buy on the day from ticket office but your entering via Wee Dublin End turnstiles so might be better avoiding the queue and the walk back round and just buy online.

Disappointed to see your in the main stand for this one, makes no sense. Surely you will bring at least 4-500 to merit behind the goal or cowshed.

8 minutes ago, madton said:

Disappointed to see your in the main stand for this one, makes no sense. Surely you will bring at least 4-500 to merit behind the goal or cowshed.

Surely that’s not final. We should bring at least 500 anyway. Don’t know what’s wrong with the cowshed it’s the best for atmosphere.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Surely that’s not final. We should bring at least 500 anyway. Don’t know what’s wrong with the cowshed it’s the best for atmosphere.

I'm guessing if you fill those sections of the main stand, ( think that area is around 600 but should be 200 for comfort levels)any overspill would go in the Wee Dublin End.

29 minutes ago, madton said:

Aye you can buy on the day from ticket office but your entering via Wee Dublin End turnstiles so might be better avoiding the queue and the walk back round and just buy online.

Even when we're playing rubbish we generally bring enough to fill the wee quarter section of the cowshed and most of the one section of the stand that we get.

With good weather forecast and interest really building, I'd hope that we could bring through at least 500 to 600 on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The 1-1 game last March was a great atmosphere in the cowshed so obviously that had to be stopped.

The website is allowing tickets for the wee Dublin End, although for the same £22 as the main stand.

£22 !!!

That's bloody outrageous given the view !!

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

£22 !!!

That's bloody outrageous given the view !!

There was an error getting a ticket from the main stand then I noticed the option was  "pick up from ticket office" when I tried again for the wee Dublin end. Last season the ticket was on the phone so not sure if thats just a default option and you always get a pdf to scan via the receipt.

Think I'll leave it for now!