Doonhamers vs. Pars in League One Part One

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I couldn't make it yesterday.

Was the match really as one sided as the highlights suggest?  It really does look like we offered next to nothing, while yielding chances aplenty. 

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The highlights won’t show how much possession you had in the 2nd half,  but yes, you basically created absolutely f**k all. 

Yeah, this basically. It was quite similar to the Airdrie game in that we offered almost nothing in the first half. Just that one foray forward in the highlights where Hendrie should have done better. Dunfermline were well worth their 2 goal lead, as Airdrie were too (though they were actually only one up).

Second half we were much better and as parsforlife says had lots of possession but we didn't really hurt them with it at all and to an extent Dunfermline were presumably quite happy to watch us pass it about in front of them as they sat comfortably on their two goal lead. Benedictus and Breen were pretty much unbothered by much yesterday apart from the penalty (time for a new taker).

The referee I thought had a poor game without getting all that much actually wrong other than possibly the free kick that led to the 2nd goal. As 19QOS19 said above, he did appear to hold the two teams to differing standards in terms of bookings. The second goal fairly clearly was headed on by one of our players (Cochrane it turns out though I had thought at the time East) so he's onside and the officials did well to follow process and get that right. The free kick he awarded to lead to it though..... I'd like to see it again, not sure if it's telling the Dunfermline highlights didn't include it or if they just didn't bother. It looked from the Main Stand that Todorov was on his way to ground before any contact and there was little in it, never mind a booking. We still have to defend it better though.

We urgently need to start games better. The only game this season I'd say we've had a "good" 1st half in was the St Johnstone one. If we give ourselves a mountain to climb at half time every week it's not going to end well very often, certainly not if you hand two goals leads to full time competent sides like Falkirk and Dunfermline.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The free kick he awarded to lead to it though..... I'd like to see it again, not sure if it's telling the Dunfermline highlights didn't include it or if they just didn't bother. 

Felt it was an easy decision to give, todorov was man handled throughout and the freekick was little different,  the yellow was slightly harsh but i think the ref had had enough by that point and it was time to call queens out on the constant fouling.

Felt it was an easy decision to give, todorov was man handled throughout and the freekick was little different,  the yellow was slightly harsh but i think the ref had had enough by that point and it was time to call queens out on the constant fouling.
The full highlights conveniently leaving out the 'foul' as well for some bizarre reason...

I'm willing to play the odds here and think it was more likely Todorov doing what he's made a career out of, and falling over rather than our shitebag defence manhandling him to the ground.

I doubt we'd have taken anything from the game even if the goal wasn't given.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

He must have already called Dunfermline out for the fouling then.

QoS 11 Fouls  Dunfermline 14 Fouls 

4 Cautions to each team. 

Its funny reading opinions about the game when you've not been. Several Pars fans on dotnet and Facebook etc saying that the ref was overly lenient in not giving fouls when the Queens players were pulling shirts and climbing at long balls but lots of their fans saying much the same. Given that, and the fouls/cards stats for the game, and we may have got a soft foul for the 2nd goal but QoS got a soft foul for their penalty, could it be the ref was just a bit shit but evenly so? Wouldn't be the first time tbf.

Its funny reading opinions about the game when you've not been. Several Pars fans on dotnet and Facebook etc saying that the ref was overly lenient in not giving fouls when the Queens players were pulling shirts and climbing at long balls but lots of their fans saying much the same. Given that, and the fouls/cards stats for the game, and we may have got a soft foul for the 2nd goal but QoS got a soft foul for their penalty, could it be the ref was just a bit shit but evenly so? Wouldn't be the first time tbf.
The penalty wasn't soft tbh, it was a clear foul. The least surprising thing was that he never booked the Pars player [emoji38]

He was shite for both sides tbh. I just felt he was quicker to book QoS players. Then in the second half he booked two Pars players in the space of minutes. One was clear as day and the other was questionable.

I haven't had many complaints about the officials in the games so far but he was very poor IMO.

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There wasn't a thing remotely "soft" about the penalty. Not a single person complained about it, including Rhys Breen who committed it. It's a penalty clear as day.

Like 19QOS19, I didn't have much complaint about any decision he gave as such other than the free kick that led to the 2nd goal where he appeared to fall for Todorov buying it with a dive but as I said before it was opposite side of the field to me so I'd like to see it again in footage. Maybe there was some earlier contact I just didn't see. I don't think he favoured either side with decisions at all, just that it did appear though that he was determined to book Queens players and routinely tick off Dunfermline ones for the similar offences. Chris Hamilton coming on late and barreling about desperately trying to get himself booked forced the ref's hand a bit though in evening it up.

Todorov was being grabbed, just like he was anytime a queens player could get close to him.

Don’t get the complaints about the bookings,   mackay’s one was a bit soft but the ref has given a quite a few fouls in quick succession  at that point, the rest were absolutely clear.

Penalty was a stonewaller.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think he favoured either side with decisions at all, just that it did appear though that he was determined to book Queens players and routinely tick off Dunfermline ones for the similar offences.

"I don't think the ref favoured one side apart from when he did"

1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Why not ? 

Think this has probably been answered many times before. The cameraman fits the time he has available filming for Queens into his proper day job and family commitments. I've no idea if his other commitments have changed meaning less time to prepare highlights packages.