Doonhamers vs. Pars in League One Part One

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
45 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:
They’ve got another visit here later this season!

I'm hoping we will be less shit by then.

Six league games in, and we have solitary win to our name. Hope is all we have at the moment.

I have a feeling that I have read this book before. 

I'm not normally a fan of it but today it worked really well, especially first half. 

Yeah I’m not a fan of 3 centre halves, but if it works best for our pool of players, then just have to roll with it.

Hopefully we can get two, maybe three players in as soon as possible just to bolster the ranks.

45 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The changes that need to happen - minimum next week are Gibson has to start at rwb, Wilson CM Bange up top and Fox in goal & Paton Off the penalties. 

I know Paton scores a penalty at Falkirk last week but he's now missed two. Reilly should be on the penalties now. 

Also get Fox in goals.

6 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

I know Paton scores a penalty at Falkirk last week but he's now missed two. Reilly should be on the penalties now. 

Also get Fox in goals.

Pinning your hopes on Gavin Reilly isn’t going to end well. One of  the worst strikers we’ve had in recent times. 

1 minute ago, kdypar said:

Pinning your hopes on Gavin Reilly isn’t going to end well. One of  the worst strikers we’ve had in recent times. 

Perhaps he wasn't good at the Pars but he was decent enough at St Mirren, Hearts and Morton along with his first Queens spell.

Perhaps he wasn't good at the Pars but he was decent enough at St Mirren, Hearts and Morton along with his first Queens spell.

He barely kicked a ball at Hearts. St Mirren and his first spell at Queens were his only decent seasons. The guy is utter guff…and flosses his teeth with a mattress.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He barely kicked a ball at Hearts. St Mirren and his first spell at Queens were his only decent seasons. The guy is utter guff…and flosses his teeth with a mattress.

You are probably more accurate with that, although he scored a few decent goals at Morton.

I don't think Haaland would have any luck up front for us today. Absolutely gutter midfield is the biggest problem for us, not Gavin Reilly.

Despite all WG's enthusiasm it is now blatantly obvious that we are heading for yet another relegation battle. Our home performances follow the same pattern every other week - slowly out of the traps allowing our opponents to completely dominate us all over the pitch, the concession of several cheap goals, and a complete lack of cutting edge upfront. Today we could easily have been 0-4 down at HT. Similar story to Annan, Clyde and Airdrie fixtures and you could easily throw in Falkirk away as well.

I am genuinely not sure if this squad as what it takes to mount any sort of revival in this league no matter who is selected. Seems to be packed full of players that no other teams seem to want and there is a complete lack of hunger and desire. We have the best crop of local young players that we have had for many a year but despite a succession of woeful performances the same players continue to get picked and the likes of Muir, McMahon and Lewis Gibson (who have all shown up well when getting game time) are continually overlooked and very often not even on the bench!!!! The most mystifying aspect of all is Wullie's reluctance to play himself. He has to be first name on teamsheet - while today was a lost cause he made a huge difference when he came on - constantly demanding the ball, getting forward, playing good forward passes "into feet". I have no idea who has decided that he should take a step back from playing BUT that decision needs to be rescinded forthwith. There are very few  of the current squad that I want to see playing regularly (youngsters excluded) - the exceptions being WG, EE, IW, and JT. Of the rest RP and LC are two possibles but after that I am struggling. Can anybody tell me where Lee Connelly was supposed to be playing today? He started off wide right drifted into a quasi midfield role, was a No 10 for a while and then started to appear wide left. On one occasion he was last man at the back mopping up a stray ball. Against St Johnstone he and Paton were very effective as a pairing and created mayhem that day but we just look completely punchless up top?

Cant go on like this or things will end very badly for us. Some radical changes required in personnel and tactics. Cant keep picking the same players after performances like today.

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Couldn't think of a better manager than Allan Johnston for this league. Did a brilliant job with Quens and us down here.

Get yourself so far to f**k. Not one queens fan wants him anywhere near here, reappointing him in the first place was a huge mistake 

Surely “Wullie” Gibson’s coat is on a shoogly nail?

Doubt it tbh. Early in his management career, a lot of history with the club and still early doors in the league. As I said on the sack race thread weeks ago: unless we are bottom at Xmas I reckon WG has about the safest gig in the division.
Couldn't think of a better manager than Allan Johnston for this league. Did a brilliant job with Quens and us down here.
As bad as things are just now, it could only be worse if AJ was in charge.

Get yourself so far to f**k. Not one queens fan wants him anywhere near here, reappointing him in the first place was a huge mistake 

He kept you up initially when you looked destined for League 1. He should have been replaced after that, but that was the gamble your club took.

2017-18 we should have put more of a fight in to winning that league, never mind the play-offs. We had a right good team, and 4th was a serious underachievement. I blame AJ for that. Guy was hopeless.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

He kept you up initially when you looked destined for League 1. He should have been replaced after that, but that was the gamble your club took.

2017-18 we should have put more of a fight in to winning that league, never mind the play-offs. We had a right good team, and 4th was a serious underachievement. I blame AJ for that. Guy was hopeless.

The “new manager bounce” I’m sure we would have achieved under any new manager. The guy is an absolute moron never mind his abilities as a manager, he had a good run of 12 games under us largely due to Issiah Jones and got rewarded with a new 2 year deal despite being utter pish for all the other games of his tenure. Never even minding his constant negativity and moaning about budgets etc. The guy has underachieved wherever he’s been and still clings on to our League One winning season where we walked the league against part timers (and rightly so with the team we had).