Doonhamers vs. Pars in League One Part One

Sigh. Get it out the way first, the ref was gutter today I thought. Yellow cards for QoS, similar challenges by Dunfermline going unpunished. Todorov allowed to do what he liked without repercussions. A phantom freekick given for Dunfermline's second. Even Todorov never claimed for the FK ffs. He was particularly to blame for the second but he wasn't the reason we lost today. Thought it only right to highlight how shite he was though.

From us, absolutely woeful. Can't think of any positives other than East having a good game and has surely made CB his own. And Wilson getting game time and being one of our best players today even in the short spell he was on.

Another clanger from Currie for the first IMO though how Todorov got to the ball is embarrassing as well. Defender should have won it. Fox to start at Kelty please. Second goal was woefully defended as well with the marking it's usual non-existent self. We had a lot of the ball in the second half with absolutely no idea what to do with it. Even when we did get forward for crosses there was no one in the box. At one point we had an attack and Reilly was the only man in the box. Pathetic. Said to my dad before penalty was struck - "This is another Clyde isn't it?" didn't even react to the miss as it was so predictable. Paton off them now thanks. Gibson to start from now on as well. Him and Wilson about the two best football brains in our squad.

So so bad that I can't even begin to scratch the surface of what was wrong. Dunfermline extremely comfortable in the second half, not needing to come out. They wont have an easier away game all season.

Mckenna cant start again. Currie is on thin ice. And Cochrane deary me. Think this will be the one that sees a bigger drop in attendance. Whats that 5 home games already this season in cup and league no win?. Folk are pig sick of seeing it. Another first half shit show too. Been done to death so dont know what Wullie can say tonight.

18 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Mckenna cant start again. Currie is on thin ice. And Cochrane deary me. Think this will be the one that sees a bigger drop in attendance. Whats that 5 home games already this season in cup and league no win?. Folk are pig sick of seeing it. Another first half shit show too. Been done to death so dont know what Wullie can say tonight.

Currie just doesn't inspire confidence. 

Cochrane is an absolute ghost.

It's dismal fare week after week, season after season.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

7 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Those were my three main takes from today.

McKenna isn’t a right back. Foolish to persevere with him there any longer. Appreciate it was late in the game when he came on, but Gibson provided much needed drive and many more options when he came on.

Cochrane was dire. Solid game at Ibrox then that sorry  ‘performance’ today? Beyond frustrating.  Really hope Wilson can remain injury free,  enabling Todd and himself to bring some purpose to central midfield.

Currie just doesn’t inspire much confidence.  Although he didn’t do too much wrong bar the first goal - I thought he should have done better.

Anyways. Well done Dunfermline, you easily deserved the 3 points. 

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Sounds like we were well organised and solid again today.  Big win considering results elsewhere. 3-5-2 seems to suit us much better.

I'm not normally a fan of it but today it worked really well, especially first half.