Doonhamers vs. Pars in League One Part One

Have we ever played well away to QOTS? (Edit- except AJ's last game) possibly the one where we scored a 40 yarder free kick? Can't mind who scored it though. Scott Morrison?

Home win courtesy of a hilarious own goal. 

Edited by Stellaboz

Have we ever played well away to QOTS? (Edit- except AJ's last game) possibly the one where we scored a 40 yarder free kick? Can't mind who scored it though. Scott Morrison?
Aye they're usually very dull affairs. One of the worst games I ever watched at Palmerston was against Dunfermline. Got a swap at work to get finished for 14:50. Rushed over to Palmerston in the pishing rain and freezing cold to witness one of the worst spectacles you're likely to see. Finished 0-0 and I don't think there was anything even remotely worth getting excited about.

I've seen us beaten 7-0 at Palmerston and yet that 0-0 game was still a far worse affair than that.

35 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Yes, last season.

Genuinely so surprised with QoS's form this season, with some of your attack minded signings I thought you'd actually be the team to beat, might still come true yet but it's not looked great from the outside. What's changed this season? 

Despite not winning I thought Saturday was the best we've played this season, we created a lot more which was pleasing to see. I think we'll have one or two in by time we kick off on Saturday so fingers crossed we can pick up a big three points on the road.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Genuinely so surprised with QoS's form this season, with some of your attack minded signings I thought you'd actually be the team to beat, might still come true yet but it's not looked great from the outside. What's changed this season? 

Despite not winning I thought Saturday was the best we've played this season, we created a lot more which was pleasing to see. I think we'll have one or two in by time we kick off on Saturday so fingers crossed we can pick up a big three points on the road.

Unfortunately our pathetic defence is more than cancelling out any good that our attacking players can achieve.

Would usually head down to Palmerston as it's one of my favourite away days/weekends and I can drop the missus off at the in-laws in Ayrshire but sadly not going this time. I say sadly, most of the time I've been down there the games have been dire and the chips have been the highlight of the game.

This has 0-0 written all over it.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

This has 0-0 written all over it.

I'd be over the moon if Queens kept a clean sheet at Palmerston. Sadly I feel I will be staying grounded on Saturday unless Wullie reinstates himself into the team and brings in another couple of replacement defenders. We've also got our Cup game V rangers before this which will probably leave our defence severely traumatised. 

Since beating Dunfermline 1-0 at Palmerston in early October last year (under Peter Grant so does it really count?) we've managed 3 home league wins from the next 16 and it seems a new manager, squad and lower division hasn't helped much so far.

The home form has to change at some point but I can't see it being Saturday. 2-1 away win.  

You get the feeling eventually we are going to spank a team by a good few goals with the amount of chances we create. Hopefully it is this Saturday, because Palmerston seems to be a terrible place for us to get results.