Jump to content

Arbroath 🟣⚪️ vs Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, keptie said:

 Yes the away support now permanently housed at the pleasuerland end. Just a pity we can't swap ends during the match anymore.

Aye, wouldn't happen unless you slipped back down the leagues or is it a police decision? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn’t at last nights game but for me McKenna is the absolute least if our problems and he’s been asked to do a whole lot of heavy lifting with what he’s getting given. We’re not getting forward for any period of time at all and it’s usually him and the striker (that’s usually not even a striker) having to try make use of a punt up the park or into the channel against the whole back 4.

 

Team overall is just not clicking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn’t at last nights game but for me McKenna is the absolute least if our problems and he’s been asked to do a whole lot of heavy lifting with what he’s getting given. We’re not getting forward for any period of time at all and it’s usually him and the striker (that’s usually not even a striker) having to try make use of a punt up the park or into the channel against the whole back 4.
 
Team overall is just not clicking

Agree. McKenna not playing great, but still chasing, driving and generally giving his all.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I’m glad others are noticing and voicing this.

Before I say anything else - he is one of my favourite Arbroath players ever and his form early last season was sensational. That doesn’t make him immune to criticism though.

Yes I know he was the championship’s player of the season last year but every time I’ve seen him this season he’s not even been close to being OUR best player… and that shouldn’t be too difficult the way things are going.

Some of our fans need to actually look at what he’s doing in games at the moment and forget about his previous form. If he was a new signing he would be getting ripped to shreds from the terraces. I actually think his form dipped quite drastically towards the end of last season and has only got worse this season. I’m not talking about his goal scoring, we know he had a great partnership with Nouble - it’s everything else. He has lost his energy, his strength, his commitment and his confidence. I can’t remember the last time I even saw him make a tackle or find a teammate with a pass.

Personally I think he needs a spell on the sidelines to try and re-find his spark - obviously that can’t and won’t happen though as we have no one else to fill that role.

As I said, a big favourite of mine and I hope to hell he hits form again soon.

Surely you cant be questioning Michael's commitment? dont think there is a more committed player we've had in my lifetime and whilst he is certainly not in the best form, he chases everyting, always offers/shows to get on the ball, As has been said, the least of our worries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Aye, wouldn't happen unless you slipped back down the leagues or is it a police decision? 

Don't really know tbh but probably enforced by the police but if we did go back down the leagues and crowds dived would expect segregation to end for most games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The further forward you play the harder the job you’ve got and the higher the scrutiny. Further back you get it’s easy to just be safe.
 

Mikey playing in the 10 and having to try and make things happen with the way the team are right now is a tough position to be in.
 

I have watched him closely, last night aside I wasn’t there so can’t comment, but overall he’s on the ball a lot in forward areas and trying his best to bring others into play, but as has been mentioned a million times we are way short in forward areas at the minute and with a left back out left wing and a midfielder (usually) or Hilson / Young Shanks ahead of him it’s a hard ask.

 

Mikeys needing help not dropped 

Edited by 1320Lichtie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The further forward you play the harder the job you’ve got and the higher the scrutiny. Further back you get it’s easy to just be safe.

Try telling that to Gatts - whose been our best player by a country mile.

I think I know what you mean  😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I’m glad others are noticing and voicing this.

Before I say anything else - he is one of my favourite Arbroath players ever and his form early last season was sensational. That doesn’t make him immune to criticism though.

Yes I know he was the championship’s player of the season last year but every time I’ve seen him this season he’s not even been close to being OUR best player… and that shouldn’t be too difficult the way things are going.

Some of our fans need to actually look at what he’s doing in games at the moment and forget about his previous form. If he was a new signing he would be getting ripped to shreds from the terraces. I actually think his form dipped quite drastically towards the end of last season and has only got worse this season. I’m not talking about his goal scoring, we know he had a great partnership with Nouble - it’s everything else. He has lost his energy, his strength, his commitment and his confidence. I can’t remember the last time I even saw him make a tackle or find a teammate with a pass.

Personally I think he needs a spell on the sidelines to try and re-find his spark - obviously that can’t and won’t happen though as we have no one else to fill that role.

As I said, a big favourite of mine and I hope to hell he hits form again soon.

He might hit his form soon if Arbroath make some signings ( quality ). This team has lost 4/5 starters and replaced them with utter pish . Patrick thistle have strengthened their squads considerably and it’s a tough ask to go there, play well, pass the ball well, create chances like the fans want. The team have not been backed (yet ) by new signings and to kick on from last year we need at least the same quality in that we lost if not better ………surely that makes sense ?

Edited by Monkfish85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised how toothless Arbroath looked up for front on Tuesday night and how easily we carved them up at the back…in saying that we need to be sharper in converting chances .Hoping Graham starts from the get go on Saturday and McKinnon in for Banzo who is going through one of his bomb scare phases.

Edited by I Clavdivs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

Surprised how toothless Arbroath looked up for front on Tuesday night and how easily we carved them up at the back…in saying that we need to be sharper in converting chances .Hoping Graham starts from the get go on Saturday and McKinnon in for Banzo who is going through one of his bomb scare phases.

 Arbroath have one young striker at the club that is it, hopefully we can add a couple of strikers today.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Scott Tiffoney definitely out for this one and off for a scan. Would imagine this allows for Fitzpatrick to start after his midweek goal.

That's not great. Hopefully Fitzy has worked on his defensive duties. Been great going forward though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...