Arbroath 🟣⚪️ vs Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡

14 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Several months ago I seen your pathetic attempt at jogging round the Keptie pond - you slipped and you fell on your arse.

You were  jogging at snail pace and are about as fast as a 2 tonne truck - yet you think you can come on here and post abuse about Arbroath players.

My advice to you is simple - don't say nothing unless you know what you are talking about.

Chances are you can hardly kick a ball based on your jogging ability.

Now jog along.

I’ve posted on pie and bovril from around 2009 but this without doubt is the weirdest post I’ve ever come across so congrats on that. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve posted on pie and bovril from around 2009 but this without doubt is the weirdest post I’ve ever come across so congrats on that.

Happy to oblige - but as previously mentioned this post is aimed at a specific individual who is a regular troll on the Arbroath forum.

15 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Several months ago I seen your pathetic attempt at jogging round the Keptie pond - you slipped and you fell on your arse.

You were  jogging at snail pace and are about as fast as a 2 tonne truck - yet you think you can come on here and post abuse about Arbroath players.

My advice to you is simple - don't say nothing unless you know what you are talking about.

Chances are you can hardly kick a ball based on your jogging ability.

Now jog along.

My dear old Dad always told me, 'never buy cheap drugs', it's a pity this poor fella's faither didn't tell him.

16 hours ago, ecto said:

Think he has built up enough good will to survive one relegation 

Although he should not be immune to criticism, the current state of the squad, is down to him

2 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Happy to oblige - but as previously mentioned this post is aimed at a specific individual who is a regular troll on the Arbroath forum.

Don't think anyone gives a f**k about who it's aimed at, it's still an oddball thing to post. 

Still, in 10 weeks time you's will be class again. 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That looks like an absolutely stonewall red card for Scott Allan. Possibly lucky the second one wasn’t a straight red.

Definitely. Fair play to the commentators for calling that instantly as well.

Thought that was a really good highlights package.

We still look very makeshift and unbalanced.  Maybe we’ve been lucky with injuries and suspensions these past few seasons, but they are biting now and the squad does not look fully competitive though the patched up defence nearly held out..  The fact Thistle had two decent strikers on the bench (receiving loan offers from fans to join us while warming up) points to the imbalance in setups at this stage..  For an ‘experienced pro’ to be sent off in frustration is really poor and it was mostly one-way traffic after that.  Thistle were very ‘professional’.and patient in grinding that out and certainly deserved it.  Some concerns at our holding midfielder role and in the contributions of some players and especially upfront where the final ball in and much attacking threat seems to be lacking. Tait’s showing was encouraging.

Two points.  Accept the sending off was justified but over a few minutes in the first half the ref unjustly booked Tait for diving after being vigorously tackled in the middle of the pitch, then awarded a corner for a ball that clearly went out for a throw. Getting the simple decisions wrong does not encourage confidence.

I would not entertain any nonsense about management changes.  After our aberrant season last year, we’re in not dissimilar situation to previous Championship campaigns and needing to haul ourselves into contention after a poor start.  The strange thing is the anticipated hangover from last season’s heroics didn’t materialise during the League Cup but then the early stages are basically training sessions.

Edited by farflung lichtie

37 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That looks like an absolutely stonewall red card for Scott Allan. Possibly lucky the second one wasn’t a straight red.

To be fair, think it was obvious what the ref was about to do, if it was just a yellow, he would have flashed it quickly

21 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Much better angle than on the Thistle highlights although no video of the first challenge. Second one is a blatant red from that angle.

The Arbroath commentators are brilliant.

Those two commentators are top notch and very fair with their comments!

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Those two commentators are top notch and very fair with their comments!

Hey fair play to both of them I've just watched it and they were very honest, very refreshing to hear that with no tinted glasses on & that goes for our own commentators on jagzone

The Bunnet's bubble has burst and Arbroath look like a team that will struggle this season based on the last two games, and as much as I would lol at Campbell getting relegated it is unquestionably a great away day and those steak and black pies are top tier so let's spare them.

The Bunnet's bubble has burst and Arbroath look like a team that will struggle this season based on the last two games, and as much as I would lol at Campbell getting relegated it is unquestionably a great away day and those steak and black pies are top tier so let's spare them.

Bollocks. Early days.

On 28/08/2022 at 17:24, colliedug said:

Why are some of our fans if had the option take a cup win over the league?

The league is ultimately our bread & butter, yes a league can't be won early in the season but league wins create a winning mentality and that is important IMO especially as we could arguably be playing a top of the league clash the following week.

Just my opinion but let's solve the conversation & win both, c'mon the jags

As I said previously win the 2 c'mon the jags