Arbroath 🟣⚪️ vs Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡

5 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Thistle deserved their win - but thats two games within the week that Thistle have been very lucky and fortunate to be playing a much depleted  Arbroath team with 4 key players missing .

Would have been a much different game today if Arbroath were playing with their missing players.

Arbroath will bounce back soon when these players return and a strike force is recruited.

Next time round, Arbroath should be back at full strength and hopefully normal service will be resumed - we will know in 10 weeks time.

Do you actually believe everything you post?

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m going to agree with you for once. There are far too many of our fans with maroon tinted specs on. We’re in a state and are already being cut adrift. I wasn’t there today but if one off target attempt on goal is things looking better then heaven help us.

Every week that goes by where we’re missing our top players and this elusive superstar strike force is another week of falling further and further behind.

In 10 weeks, it will be too late. 

Edited by Tattie36

16 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Thistle deserved their win - but thats two games within the week that Thistle have been very lucky and fortunate to be playing a much depleted  Arbroath team with 4 key players missing .

Would have been a much different game today if Arbroath were playing with their missing players.

Arbroath will bounce back soon when these players return and a strike force is recruited.

Next time round, Arbroath should be back at full strength and hopefully normal service will be resumed - we will know in 10 weeks time.

McCall said similar, you'll improve when TOB and McKenna back. However worth pointing out we were without arguably our best player (Tiff) today and our best defender is still making his way back from a year out with an ACL injury. 

A big difference with us this year compared to last year is depth, last year instead of Dowds and Mullen coming off the bench it would have been pish like Ross Maciver and Connor Murray. Arbroath's team this year probably hold out for the draw (or even nick it 1-0) vs our team from last year. 

17 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Wah wah wah.

Get relegated.

Genuine question.

At what point is Dick's position considered?

If things dont improve on the pitch and we end up doing a Brechin, is the club and its fans willing to accept a complete collapse and relegation after all the hard work on and off the pitch the past few seasons.

Genuine question.

If things dont improve on the pitch and we end up doing a Brechin, is the club and its fans willing to accept a complete collapse and relegation after all the hard work on and off the pitch the past few seasons.

Didn’t Brechin go straight down in their first Championship season?
We will improve once this daft patch passes.
If we were to be relegated I doubt if Dick would continue.

9 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Genuine question.

Think he has built up enough good will to survive one relegation 

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Several months ago I seen your pathetic attempt at jogging round the Keptie pond - you slipped and you fell on your arse.

You were  jogging at snail pace and are about as fast as a 2 tonne truck - yet you think you can come on here and post abuse about Arbroath players.

My advice to you is simple - don't say nothing unless you know what you are talking about.

Chances are you can hardly kick a ball based on your jogging ability.

Now jog along.

Didn’t Brechin go straight down in their first Championship season?
We will improve once this daft patch passes.
If we were to be relegated I doubt if Dick would continue.
I was meaning in reference to Brechin not getting a win all season and being relegated by February.

43 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

IdioticCourteousDragonfly-max-1mb.gif.9d3aef22ec141375880024463642d262.gif

7 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Several months ago I seen your pathetic attempt at jogging round the Keptie pond - you slipped and you fell on your arse.

You were  jogging at snail pace and are about as fast as a 2 tonne truck - yet you think you can come on here and post abuse about Arbroath players.

My advice to you is simple - don't say nothing unless you know what you are talking about.

Chances are you can hardly kick a ball based on your jogging ability.

Now jog along.

Larry David Reaction GIF

25 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Whilst there’s no doubt Arbroath had some key players missing this week (indeed one of which is arguably the best in the league in his position IMO) but we can only beat what’s in front of us and that’s what Thistle did twice in 5 days. 

Enjoy yer Night. 

I thought we played some decent passing football in the first half mainly thanks to Allen and Tait.  Thistle, with the wind behind them, had more possession but didn't make it count.

The sending off changed things and Thistle dominated. Thought we might have held out for a draw but against a tiring defenceThistle got their goals. 

Overall there were a few positives for us, a really good first game by Tait and Allen showed nice touches before his red card. We passed the ball a lot more at times, rather than the usual lumps up the park, especially in the first half, mainly due to Allen and Tait's influence. But too often when we broke down the wings there was no-one in the box to cross to. Not that that is anything new but is always a problem with playing one up front.

I'm not Hilson's biggest fan but he put in shift today and the makeshift defence played as well as could be expected.

Disappointed not to take anything from the game but at no point were we over run. Put under pressure but coped well with 10 men for most of the second half