Arbroath 🟣⚪️ vs Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡

9 minutes ago, Walter said:

I wasn't at the game and I'm aware that statistics don't tell the full story but in what respect was this ever a close game? 

Screenshot_20220903-173632_Chrome.jpg

You’re right, statistics don’t often tell the whole story, 

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I thought until the sending off, it was a very even game.  Even after the sending off, it didnt feel like we were hanging on.  

I thought we did more in the opening 20 minutes than we did for the entire 90 on Tuesday night. Was really confident at half time……the Scott Allan did what he did 

1 minute ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Obviously close up until the sending off hence the ref ruined it. Did I seriously have to explain that to you simpleton?

You seem like an angry wee man😆. But, fair enough. I presume your one off target goal attempt came before the sending off. 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

I thought we did more in the opening 20 minutes than we did for the entire 90 on Tuesday night. Was really confident at half time……the Scott Allan did what he did 

Agreed.  That midfield looked better and more balanced than its done all season.  I thought Tait was excellent, likewise Allan until the incidents, Jacobs was good too, and until his injury, Fosu looked happier on the wing than he ever did as a striker.

Hamilton was excellent as an emergency centre half, Little was himself, Hancock did well, and I'm confident that as the team gels a bit more, we will get more out of the players.

Shanks had a tough ask today, but I dont know if he showed enough to earn a start next week.  He doesnt look quite ready.

12 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Obviously close up until the sending off hence the ref ruined it. Did I seriously have to explain that to you simpleton?

How exactly did the referee ruin it? I haven’t seen any suggestion anywhere that he got the decision wrong.

Might it be that Scott Allan, in fact, ruined it for you

5 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Kareem the dream

And he’s ready? Over a year since he last played for a team that ended up bottom of the Icelandic second tier, and not nearly good enough to be signed by Raith Rovers.

He may be brilliant and deserves a chance but I would rather start Shanks… or both.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Meanwhile James Craigen plays up front for Edinburgh today and scores two goals in a 6 goal pumping of Airdrie.

You really are miles off it. Do your research instead of looking at line ups on live scores. Why would they play him up front, he played right wing back 

I respect the optimism from you all but I thought Arbroath where utter rubbish today, even with 11 men. Most of your best “opportunities” came from Gaston’s hoofs. Didn’t create a single chance more or less even with 11. We where the better team all day and I still thought we where pretty average at best. Created very little against the 10 men. I am absolutely delighted regardless and was one of my fav away days in a long time. A game we’d never have won last year. But as much I respect your optimism I think Arbroath will struggle massively this season and will be right in amongst the play offs based on what I saw this week.

I would also add that McCall almost lost us that game today. Subs should have been made far far earlier and bringing smith in before literally any other player in the bench was absolutely baffling. We where creating nothing and has 2 very good strikers sitting on the bench while graham chased shadows for the majority of the second half. Worked out in the end anyway though so f**k it! Super IMC!

I respect the optimism from you all but I thought Arbroath where utter rubbish today, even with 11 men. Most of your best “opportunities” came from Gaston’s hoofs. Didn’t create a single chance more or less even with 11. We where the better team all day and I still thought we where pretty average at best. Created very little against the 10 men. I am absolutely delighted regardless and was one of my fav away days in a long time. A game we’d never have won last year. But as much I respect your optimism I think Arbroath will struggle massively this season and will be right in amongst the play offs based on what I saw this week.

Relegation play offs I mean btw.

Thistle deserved their win - but thats two games within the week that Thistle have been very lucky and fortunate to be playing a much depleted  Arbroath team with 4 key players missing .

Would have been a much different game today if Arbroath were playing with their missing players.

Arbroath will bounce back soon when these players return and a strike force is recruited.

Next time round, Arbroath should be back at full strength and hopefully normal service will be resumed - we will know in 10 weeks time.