Arbroath 🟣⚪️ vs Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡

The most worrying thing for me is not necessarily that we’re not scoring goals or even losing games, it’s the complete lack of threat we pose and chances we create. Last season we battered teams into submission with our direct attacking football, creating chance after chance and putting opposition defences and goalkeepers under intense pressure.

This season we’re lucky to have 3 or 4 half assed attempts on goal per game with maybe 1 or 2 on target if we’re lucky.

3 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Hancock was very good at left back. That’s the best I’ve seen Stewart play at right back and he did ok at centre back. Jacobs was good. We got 90 minutes from Allan and he started to look influential. Ricky Little marshalled his ragtag defence magnificently. Corte showed flashes.

With Hilson up front supported by Bobby we’ve got no out ball, especially if we insist on high balls. Mikey McKenna not himself - he looked angry, like someone told him to get vaccinated.

Bring in the reinforcements, quick. Maybe we need a defender too now.

Hancock was dreadful in the 1st half 

Edited by lichtie23

And so the inevitable 'wheels coming off the wagon continues for The Lichties."

Nicky son....yer only a few miles fae Cappielow..dont bother getting on the haddies bus back tae fish-land.

Greenock awaits (you know you want to).

3 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

And so the inevitable 'wheels coming off the wagon continues for The Lichties."

Nicky son....yer only a few miles fae Cappielow..dont bother getting on the haddies bus back tae fish-land.

Greenock awaits (you know you want to).

Have you not been paying attention?

Edited by Tattie36

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

To you....why would I ?

I meant about the Nicky Low situation. He appears to no longer be playing for us, hasn’t been in the squad for the last two games - no idea where he’s going and when but the strong rumours are to yourselves.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

I meant about the Nicky Low situation. He appears to no longer be playing for us, hasn’t been in the squad for the last two games - no idea where he’s going and when but the strong rumours are to yourselves.

This is not news to me.

Arbroath are an organised team, they all have jobs to do, unfortunately they have lost players from last season that would have made the difference tonight.. 

We could have scored 4/5 easily Tonight, with our best player being rested. That’s the difference from last season.

Arbroath definitely not as strong as last season but Dick Campbell saying post-match they’ll have 2 new players for the weekend. If they bring in 2 strong additions then I reckon despite their poor start to the season they could still be in and around the top 4. 

2 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Arbroath are an organised team, they all have jobs to do, unfortunately they have lost players from last season that would have made the difference tonight.. 

We could have scored 4/5 easily Tonight, with our best player being rested. That’s the difference from last season.

The players we still have got at the club that were unavailable tonight would have also made a huge difference. That was a patch work team out tonight and I expect it’ll be similar or even worse on Saturday depending on how Jason Thomson is 

Glad to get the Arbroath hoodoo off our back, even if we made hard work of it.

Saturday will be tougher as we’ve been notoriously shite at Gayfield, but if we’re serious about contending for this title we really just need to step up and win. Arbroath are missing some key players, they’re on a poor run of form, and the conditions at this time of year should be fine. No excuses.

Not as comfortable as probably should be but no complaints, we’ve finally beaten Arbroath and are through to the next round.

Thought Lawless was excellent and had their LB Hancock on toast.

25 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

We could have scored 4/5 easily Tonight, with our best player being rested.

Sorry, but this is absolute nonsense - yes, Thistle were the better team in the first half, but you were never going to be putting 4 or 5 past Arbroath, no matter who was playing.

This game was close to going into extra time - I agree, Arbroath were short of a few key players, but they still put in a decent performance with very little between the teams .

Thistle were good at attacking, bur Arbroath's defence were never really too troubled - nowhere near being 4 or 5 goals for Thistle, not even close.

29 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Tiff playing tonight?

11 minutes ago, Reid said:

Not as comfortable as probably should be but no complaints, we’ve finally beaten Arbroath and are through to the next round.

Thought Lawless was excellent and had their LB Hancock on toast.

Heard Fitz goal from my flat (windae was open).

Sorry, but this is absolute nonsense - yes, Thistle were the better team in the first half, but you were never going to be putting 4 or 5 past Arbroath, no matter who was playing.
This game was close to going into extra time - I agree, Arbroath were short of a few key players, but they still put in a decent performance with very little between the teams .
Thistle were good at attacking, bur Arbroath's defence were never really too troubled - nowhere near being 4 or 5 goals for Thistle, not even close.

I don’t agree with you at all either. If Doch had taken that early chance that he made a complete arse of I think we would have won that game 3/4-0. If our final ball and finishing was sharper it could well have been a few. Apart from you hitting the post followed by that great save in quick succession I genuinly don’t think you had a single shot that wasn’t from 25+ yards and was high and wide. We, outwith that moment, where so so comfortable I felt. As you say though I understand you where missing several players who always impress me. So I won’t take to much from this as I will agree you where hard to break down as always and did well with what you had available and I know for a fact Saturdays game will be far more even and a lot trickier. Glad we’ve finally got the hoodoo off our back though and can look forward to Saturday with a good amount of hope after 3 good wins on the bounce. Wee Stevie lawless was outstanding again.