Arbroath 🟣⚪️ vs Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡

14 hours ago, jagfox said:

Many coming down for the cup game do you reckon m9?

I was going to but I’ve had my weekly dose of pain on Saturday I cannot have it twice in the one week… plus it’s the day before payday too and it’s been an expensive month.

Will sadly miss this and can’t see too many others making a big effort to go down there on a Tuesday night at this time of the month 

Saturday too we have had some good home supports, basically 2k against both QP and Inverness but as someone who religiously goes and rarely misses a match the game against QP definitely made me lose some of my soul it was unbelievably painful to watch. But as I said in our match thread that’s football and supporting a lower league football club we’ve been due a shite spell for a while

I think this week and next week will see a whole lot of changes in and out of the squad too so it’s all interesting and fun and games

Expect a tough tough match Saturday and I hope even with all the things that seem to be going against us right now, definitely no ToB and probably no Hammy and Nicky Low leaving the club that we can somehow pull off a win on Saturday. It’s the kind of thing that seems to strangely happen in football and one of the great things about it  

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I’d imagine we’ll see a fair decrease in crowd for the cup game with all the ownership shenanigans, some ST holders (and others) may resent putting extra money into the club just now with the added incentive that £20 seems a bit expensive for a midweek league cup 2nd round match. I think we should take a decent crowd up to Gayfield at the weekend however. 

Edited by JagsCG

3 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

We’re so poor at the moment so i would use the cup game to experiment with the formation and go for
Gaston
Jt little hammy
Stewart hancock (wing backs)
Jacobs allan craigen
Mckenna shanks

I thought Jacobs did fairly well on Saturday.  He put in a shift, caught wrong side on a few occasions but hopefully a few games can put that right. 

43 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

I thought Jacobs did fairly well on Saturday.  He put in a shift, caught wrong side on a few occasions but hopefully a few games can put that right. 

Yeah I dunno if it was just the fact that he’s an actual central midfielder playing central midfield or what but I thought he done well up until the point we were down to 10 men and throwing bodies forward but it was a hard ask after Tam sending off 

It's a long time since I've ever bothered about the League Cup and I'm not bothered this season either. 

So I think we should be concentrating on getting results in league games. With that in mind I would be playing fringe players tomorrow night. Let's see if Donnelly can do anything in a no pressure game, give Gill, Corfe, Patterson, Hancock, Shanks and Hilson the full 90 mins. Would be a good game to try out any new signings...if we had any.

Looking forward to Saturday, although we seem to have been Partick's bogey team I can't see us taking anything from the game but you never know. Even a point would be welcome.

23 hours ago, colliedug said:

Why are some of our fans if had the option take a cup win over the league?

The league is ultimately our bread & butter, yes a league can't be won early in the season but league wins create a winning mentality and that is important IMO especially as we could arguably be playing a top of the league clash the following week.

Just my opinion but let's solve the conversation & win both, c'mon the jags

This.

8 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

We’re so poor at the moment so i would use the cup game to experiment with the formation and go for
Gaston
Jt little hammy
Stewart hancock (wing backs)
Jacobs allan craigen
Mckenna shanks

No.  Why experiment?  Why not try and win the game?  Also, we never play 3 at the back, why would we make such a fundamental shift?

11 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Gaston

Thomson Little Hancock Hamilton

Stewart McKenna Allan

Paterson Shanks Linn

Not going 3 at the back but we need much more up top. A flat 442 ain't going to give us that with the players available.

That team would get rid rotten imo

In Dick Campbell’s words ‘it is going to be a tough night for Arbroath’

I couldn’t agree more. Also said Colin Hamilton has a hamstring injury, never mentioned the severity of it though.

ToB

Hamilton

Gold

Low

Donnelly

Now unavailable for various reasons. Be lucky to fill the bench 

Gaston

Stewart

Thomson

Little

Hancock

McKenna

Craigen

Allan

Linn

Fosu

Shanks

It really is wild but that’s where we are right now

Would imagine we’ll make a fair few changes for the cup game. If fit then I’d imagine Sneddon, Brownlie, Muirhead, Hodson, Turner, Smith, Fitzpatrick and 2 of Weston, Dowds or Mullen to start.

Something like this:

Sneddon

Hodson Akinola Muirhead McMillan

Fitzpatrick Docherty Turner Smith

Dowds Mullen/Weston

Edited by Reid

Any chance you guys could just loan us Dowds for the rest of this season 🇱🇻⚽🤣🤣🤣 Was absolutely superb for us and gave us great options uptop creating so many brilliant memories, Was gutted we never signed him when he left Falkirk especially since his brother put on Twitter he was Gayfield bound 😭

£30k extra prize money for getting through this, plus the chance of a TV match & additional TV & gate money if we do get through it, need to try and find the balance between getting guys who've not played much some game time and not throwing in a team who don't know each other. 

Brownlie & Dowds should definitely start, and if we're playing 2 up front Weston should start as well. 

Also I think we are streaming this as a one off purchase at £10 (our league games are monthly or annual subscription only) for any Arbroath fans who might not want to travel and pay £20

Though if you're in the UK / Ireland you'll need a VPN and I've no idea how good or otherwise the VPN detection software the club / SPFL are using is so might be £10 down the toilet if you can't see it.

41 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Reckon they'd sell a few more if it wasn't for non UK/ Ireland viewers (or you had to hide behind a VPN)

Can't see any legal reason for this decision ??

Premier Sports have the UK rights to show the games

I am playing 5s tonight thankfully so won’t even be able to constantly check my phone. The doom and misery will hit me all at once, like pulling off a plaster 

Edited by 1320Lichtie