Arbroath 🟣βšͺ️ vs Patrick Thistle πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘

Good to visit the Lichties again and before the Winter.

Slow start for The Dick's charges.

Bright start from Ian McCall and The Maryhill Magyars.

Would love a win up there. That would be a serious marker placed in terms of a serious title challenge.

Arbroath 0 Patrick Thistle 2

37 minutes ago, Reid said:

We simply do not beat Arbroath. Home win.

Well unless we get a few signings in during the week and have a completely different approach then I can’t see it being anything other than a Partick win. We have been nothing short of abject this season. 5 games, 5 terrible performances.

It would be easier to accept if we had been playing half decent and creating opportunities but we’re not.

Our normally reliable top performers are playing badly, looks like we’ll be missing half of our defence, Nicky Low appears to be leaving and we are lacking players to put the ball in the net, not that we create anything anyway.

I don’t think it will be a hammering but I can’t see it being anything other than a comfortable away win.

Edited by Tattie36

Given our abysmal record against Arbroath we can lay down a big marker with two victories this week. Not going to be easy though no matter the form they are in. No easy games in this league. Only seems to be one set of supporters in this league that was expecting to go undefeated and the title to be sewn up by February!! That’s not working out too well at the moment!!

Arbroath are absolutely our bogey team so I’m not at all confident of us getting one result against them this week let alone two. But we’ll see where we end up. If I was forced to choose I’d probably rather win the cup game than the league one.

Edited by JagsCG

From what I’ve seen of Arbroath, it looks like they’re really struggling with not having a striker near the standard they had last season, with other players (understandably) dropping off a bit from the best season in their career. There’s still some quality in that squad though which combined with our general record against Arbroath means I’m far from confident here.

I’d probably rather win the cup game. Glad that O’Brien will be missing this one too.Β 

Why are some of our fans if had the option take a cup win over the league?

The league is ultimately our bread & butter, yes a league can't be won early in the season but league wins create a winning mentality and that is important IMO especially as we could arguably be playing a top of the league clash the following week.

Just my opinion but let's solve the conversation & win both, c'mon the jags

11 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Why are some of our fans if had the option take a cup win over the league?

Because if we beat Arbroath on Tuesday we’re one game away from Hampden (yes I know we’ll inevitably draw Celtic in such a scenario anyway). The league won’t be won or lost if we fail to take 3 points at Gayfield on Saturday, although obviously the desire is to win both matches.Β 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Β 

I’d probably rather win the cup game. Glad that O’Brien will be missing this one too.Β 

Straight red so will ToB miss the cup game?

8 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Is this the league thread or both games, feels a bit weird to be talking about the Saturday game when we've got to play on Tuesday first. If you offered me a win in the cup and a draw in the league I'd take that.Β 

Forgot about cup game but no thread on cup forum.Β 

12 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Straight red so will ToB miss the cup game?

I don’t think that’s how it works unless it’s for violent conduct or serious foul play.Β 

In any case, as it’s his second red of the season does he not miss a couple of games anyway?Β 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t think that’s how it works unless it’s for violent conduct or serious foul play.Β 

In any case, as it’s his second red of the season does he not miss a couple of games anyway?Β 

Yes and yes I would think mate?Β 

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I just looked it up, and seems he already had a suspension to serve for the cup game. So aye, he'll be missing both

That's a positive.Β 

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No TOB for either game 😩

not looking forward to either game if I’m honestΒ 

Many coming down for the cup game do you reckon m9?