Arbroath 🟣⚪️ vs Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡

43 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Genuine question.

At what point is Dick's position considered?

If things dont improve on the pitch and we end up doing a Brechin, is the club and its fans willing to accept a complete collapse and relegation after all the hard work on and off the pitch the past few seasons.

What?  Seriously, what?  Have you lost your mind?

Arbroath were excellent last season, a lot of that was due to some very good loan signings. They’d be crazy to consider Campbells position imo. Guys got a very difficult job  and I’m sure they will have enough fight in the team to at least finish above the drop zone.

As for us, Good grinded out win. We wouldn’t have won that game last season. Cole McKinnon has really impressed me since joining and I think he will make a step up next season to a bigger team or knocking on the rangers team door. We aren’t the same team without Tiff though hope he isn’t out for too long.

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

Thistle deserved their win - but thats two games within the week that Thistle have been very lucky and fortunate to be playing a much depleted  Arbroath team with 4 key players missing .

Would have been a much different game today if Arbroath were playing with their missing players.

Arbroath will bounce back soon when these players return and a strike force is recruited.

Next time round, Arbroath should be back at full strength and hopefully normal service will be resumed - we will know in 10 weeks time.

What a load of pish.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

In the division below! 

They are flying - 4 wins out of 6 and 14 goals scored, sitting in second place. I know we beat them in the cup a few weeks ago but, if I were a betting man, I know who my money would be on if we were to play them next week.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

Arbroath were excellent last season, a lot of that was due to some very good loan signings. They’d be crazy to consider Campbells position imo. Guys got a very difficult job  and I’m sure they will have enough fight in the team to at least finish above the drop zone.

I'm not sure I would count on it if I were them.

Dick got Thistle relegated at this level, and was well on course to doing it a second time, with teams who completely chucked it.

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Away kit. Any reason why? 

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Assume both our kits clash with your home, which is a massive bugbear of mine when other teams do it so can't make any exception for us 

There was no clash. Arbroath simply chose to wear the white kit, they could have worn their home kit if they wanted to. We had originally selected our silver goalkeeper kit so switched to blue to accommodate. 

2 minutes ago, milhouse said:

I'm not sure I would count on it if I were them.

Dick got Thistle relegated at this level, and was well on course to doing it a second time, with teams who completely chucked it.

Don’t know so much mate, I actually feel he learned quite a bit from his time with us. Time will tell but I reckon they will be fine. 

And hopefully take some points from Dundee and Ayr 🙄.

3 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Thistle deserved their win - but thats two games within the week that Thistle have been very lucky and fortunate to be playing a much depleted  Arbroath team with 4 key players missing .

Would have been a much different game today if Arbroath were playing with their missing players.

Arbroath will bounce back soon when these players return and a strike force is recruited.

Next time round, Arbroath should be back at full strength and hopefully normal service will be resumed - we will know in 10 weeks time.

And if my aunty had baws she'd be my uncle.

Several months ago I seen your pathetic attempt at jogging round the Keptie pond - you slipped and you fell on your arse.

You were  jogging at snail pace and are about as fast as a 2 tonne truck - yet you think you can come on here and post abuse about Arbroath players.

My advice to you is simple - don't say nothing unless you know what you are talking about.

Chances are you can hardly kick a ball based on your jogging ability.

Now jog along.

What a weird post.

Equating someones jogging speed with their ability to give an opinion on football?

Nice to know its not just Glasgow that has utter morons.

So I'll take your advice and I'll "dont say nothing" and suggest you go take a running f**k to yourself.

Several months ago I seen your pathetic attempt at jogging round the Keptie pond - you slipped and you fell on your arse.

You were  jogging at snail pace and are about as fast as a 2 tonne truck - yet you think you can come on here and post abuse about Arbroath players.

My advice to you is simple - don't say nothing unless you know what you are talking about.

Now jog along.

Post of the month found- Winner September 2022

Arbroath have obviously started the season poorly but there's absolutely zero-chance they're getting rid of Dick. If they continue in this form they might find themselves in a similar predicament that St Johnstone had with Callum Davidson but like Davidson I reckon DC would be given the benefit of the doubt by the club due to the success he's had over the last few years. A bad start but very much able to turn it round. 

Now jog along.

Alan Partridge "needless to say, i had the last laugh" vibes from this

11 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Sorry, next time let us know when you're ready, and we'll rearrange the game for you.

Also, we'll drop some of our players to help out, and give them all slippers to wear too, so they don't hurt your players in any tackles. 

Cool?

10 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Now jog along.

Wow.

I take it Ronaldo is an Arbroath fan that hangs around ponds critiquing people trying to get/keep fit?

Edited by baba douche
Language

2 hours ago, baba douche said:

Sorry, next time let us know when you're ready, and we'll rearrange the game for you.

Also, we'll drop some of our players to help out, and give them all slippers to wear too, so they don't hurt your players in any tackles. 

Cool?

Aye,we might even lay up Tiffoney for you ….ehh wait a minute .

15 hours ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Obviously close up until the sending off hence the ref ruined it. Did I seriously have to explain that to you simpleton?

You mean the ref did his job and your player ruined it, at least for Arbroath!

What do you expect when your player makes two reckless tackles in the space of a few minutes. Point the finger at Allen not the Ref!