Dundee vs QP

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

What we saw yesterday was an experienced team grinding out a win against a group of young pretenders who still have a lot to learn.

The average age of our starting 11 was 23 whilst yours was 24.5.

Indeed, the only players over 26 that featured for us were Lee Ashcroft, Paul McGowan & Niall McGinn. Only the latter 2 are over 30 and they were substitutes.

Edited by Ludo*1
Grammar.

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The average age of our starting 11 was 23 whilst yours was 24.5.

Indeed, the only players over 26 that featured for us were Lee Ashcroft, Paul McGowan & Niall McGinn. Only the latter 2 are over 30 and they were substitutes.

You’re right about our team. Maybe “experience” would be a better choice of word. Otherwise I’d have to accept that Mr Coyle is loose with his facts🤫

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I think some of the comments on Eze are harsh. No comments on a couple of excellent clearances. He was left exposed by arguably the most experienced player in our team. One man cannot stop that Dundee team. The messing about before the cross field pass for the first goal should have been sorted. With Fox there beside him we will be better placed to judge although Charlie has been careless on occasions this season. The second goal was something that happens from time to time and it happened to us yesterday. Brilliant goal or just plain luck? It was a superb strike, though. Huge plaudits for Ferrie who has been brilliant this season.

You’re right, he does make some decent tackles but given the drum-roll arrival and highlighting his world cup squad near-selection does raise the expectation. He’s also prone to playing big clearances without knowing where it’s going. At 28yo I thought we were getting something really special, a leader who can run the defence, but he’s no better than what I’ve seen from other teams or what we have already. Maybe he still needs time to settle. 

On 03/09/2022 at 19:07, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, noticed they had a team pic taken on the legendery turf when they ran out.😀 Never seen that before.

You should be honoured to sit in that Archibald Leitch classic. 

Ungrateful chunt.

He had an absolute shocker the whole game, at the pen I thought he was booking Robinson for diving, gave them everything, horrendous tackle on Rudden, and no booking, hope he's ok.

Thank you.

Your righ,t he had a very bad game, if that was a penalty our man should have been sent off and your No22 had at least 6 fouls in the first half and was not spoken to once, never mind being cautioned. By the way he is a very good player and I wish he had been playing for us.

Once again McGowan is the one that stands out for me in that Dundee team. 

Our defensive performance still a work in progress, but encouraged by David Boateng's appearance.  And some dodgy moments aside yesterday, I haven't seen much to complain about in Eze's game. I'd like a look at him paired up with Naismith though.

16 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Once again McGowan is the one that stands out for me in that Dundee team. 

Our defensive performance still a work in progress, but encouraged by David Boateng's appearance.  And some dodgy moments aside yesterday, I haven't seen much to complain about in Eze's game. I'd like a look at him paired up with Naismith though.

Reckon Eze and Fox is the partnership we’re going to go for, unless Bannon can come in and have an extremely strong run of games. I don’t think we’re going to have a settled defence until either of those things happens.

On Eze, I think he’s done ok. 10-12 games before we can really know what he’s properly about. Thought he played very well at Arbroath and did fine against Cove. He’s a human being as well as a footballer. Not played much football in the past year or so and has also moved continents, having been back home. I think he should be afforded a bit more a of benefit of the doubt than most as he settles in.

Watched the highlights, not sure whose, and we looked better than I thought just after the game. Definitely worth a goal. What a screamer for Dundee's second though.

Despite the crappy view, it was good to finally sit in that quirky main stand even at £24.