Dundee vs QP

Poor defending for the goals [emoji2357]but if we'd taken one of our chances at 0-2 I'd have fancied us to take a point
Comfortable win in the end and McGowan made a big difference when he came on but otherwise not blown away by Dundee
We had 14 shots on goal so at least we came to Dens and had a go

13 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Some of that interview is fucking brilliant. 

"For the first twenty minutes Dundee hadn't been up the park"

Games last 90, Owen.

"Their keeper has made some great saves to keep them in it"

By 'keep them in it' you mean, level at 0-0?

:lol:

That's up there with Jobby McCall's regular tear-stained post derby fail efforts 😂

A couple of powderpuff shots that the keeper could've have stopped with a gently thrown towel and a good double save at 2-0. Terrifying.

What we saw yesterday was an experienced team grinding out a win against a group of young pretenders who still have a lot to learn. Dundee’s main defensive tactic yesterday was to disrupt any breakaway by QP with sloppy fouls, awarded by the ref but never punished, and get behind the ball. It worked well and our youngsters need to forget the moaning at refs and figure out how to beat this type of team. Couple that with some good individual finishing, composed and directed, and that’s why a fairly even game ended up 3-0. The nil bit is what really disappoints me given the chances we created.

That said, and I say this even though some QP fans seem to view Eze as a godly figure despite never having seen him play, the first two goals were awful defending, punished by good attacking. Kilday wasn’t fouled, he was way out of position and got himself in trouble. And his partner Eze sat deep when the guy he was marking came short to collect the ball, thus loads of time and space to tee up his shot. The first goal; Eze again caught cold by a well-timed run and then a clumsy and unnecessary tackle when trying to recover. Not anywhere near good enough for this level. Kilday we know about and it is what it is now but Eze is an international player who, so far, seems largely reliant on his physique. He offers little coming out of defence and as was evident yesterday doesn’t anticipate  his opponent’s moves well. Would Charlie Fox have been so sloppy for both those goals?

Our next three fixtures should give Coyle the time to get that back unit better co-ordinated. Points from all three games will be a good measure of improvement.

Poor defending for the goals [emoji2357]but if we'd taken one of our chances at 0-2 I'd have fancied us to take a point
Comfortable win in the end and McGowan made a big difference when he came on but otherwise not blown away by Dundee
We had 14 shots on goal so at least we came to Dens and had a go
Your chances bar the second stop from Sharp were half chances at best.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Would Charlie Fox have been so sloppy for both those goals?

I’m a big Charlie Fox fan, but we were shipping goals when he was fit and he wasn’t blame free either. The fact we haven’t kept a clean sheet with any combination of defenders is pretty telling. Only going to get so much joy out of having to score two and three goals to guarantee wins. It’s good to watch, but it’s going to have drawbacks as well. 

That was rubbish. We started off brightly without creating any real chances but we looked positive in the attacking areas. Dundee started to get a grip of the game and I still felt reasonably comfortable with how we were doing at that point until 2 moments of sheer stupidity from Eze. His attempt to play offside was embarrassing and despite semi recovering from it by chasing back, he decided to barge straight into Robinson. No complaints at all, just awful all round from the guy 

You can nit pick about the 2nd goal but it was quite simply a fantastic strike. We looked rattled after the 1st goal but to concede a 2nd before halftime was incredibly frustrating. We actually started a lot better 2nd half, albeit recognising that Dundee didn’t necessarily need to go 110% going forward but we still had some chances. Murray really should of buried his chance at 2-0 and at that point you never know what could happen from there but we deserved nothing from the game quite simply 

Thats twice we’ve played Dundee now and we’ve been taught a lesson in both. We’re a young side with a lot potential and exciting players but we need to get a grip defensively because to have 0 clean sheets in all competitions is poor stuff. Our season won’t be defined by losing away at Dundee and I’ve no doubts they’ll go on to win the league but hopefully it gives the players an insight on how to be more streetwise and not be so naive at the back. Also, Paul McGowan looked outstanding again when he came on. Easily looks Dundee’s best player on the two occasions he played against us. Surprised he was a sub 

Only players i’d give pass marks to would be Ferrie and Thomas. Ferrie has had a very good season so far and seems to have improved a lot on the weaker areas of his game, whilst Thomas looked a constant threat down the left. Yet to be convinced with Eze if I’m being honest, might be worth considering playing Jason Naismith at centre back ? 

Overall, didn’t think it was 3-0 game but no complaints about taking nothing from the game. There’s enough about this squad to challenge the playoffs so here’s hoping we get back to winning ways against Morton. Some winnable fixtures over the next couple weeks 

Edited by qpfc

I think some of the comments on Eze are harsh. No comments on a couple of excellent clearances. He was left exposed by arguably the most experienced player in our team. One man cannot stop that Dundee team. The messing about before the cross field pass for the first goal should have been sorted. With Fox there beside him we will be better placed to judge although Charlie has been careless on occasions this season. The second goal was something that happens from time to time and it happened to us yesterday. Brilliant goal or just plain luck? It was a superb strike, though. Huge plaudits for Ferrie who has been brilliant this season.

25 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I think some of the comments on Eze are harsh. No comments on a couple of excellent clearances. He was left exposed by arguably the most experienced player in our team. One man cannot stop that Dundee team. The messing about before the cross field pass for the first goal should have been sorted. With Fox there beside him we will be better placed to judge although Charlie has been careless on occasions this season. The second goal was something that happens from time to time and it happened to us yesterday. Brilliant goal or just plain luck? It was a superb strike, though. Huge plaudits for Ferrie who has been brilliant this season.

I think with Eze, expectation plays a big part and rightly so. A guy with 13 caps for Nigeria at 28 years old which should be your peak years, you’d be hoping he would skoosh the Scottish championship. It was the manner in which he gave away the penalty that was very frustrating. It just seemed so clumsy, something you’d expect off a youth player coming through 

Edited by qpfc