Dundee vs QP

13 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Always thought it was called The Derry in line with the Rangers version back in the early seventies?

As for Dundee's drug problem, surely that's between the club and your players.

It would have been called "The Londonderry" if it had anything to do with sectarian leanings towards Rangers. But it's not.

14 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It would have been called "The Londonderry" if it had anything to do with sectarian leanings towards Rangers. But it's not.

Not so hot on your Weegie history then. The singing section at Ibrox was called The Derry, populated heavily by the Brigton Derry which in itself evolved from the days of The Billy Boys, a 1920s street gang led by Billy Fullerton. 

So Dundee’s never been plagued by the bigotry of Lower Scotland? Even though you’re other team started out as Hibernians? Pretty certain I heard the Sash getting sung at Dens back in the day too.

29 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not so hot on your Weegie history then. The singing section at Ibrox was called The Derry, populated heavily by the Brigton Derry which in itself evolved from the days of The Billy Boys, a 1920s street gang led by Billy Fullerton. 

So Dundee’s never been plagued by the bigotry of Lower Scotland? Even though you’re other team started out as Hibernians? Pretty certain I heard the Sash getting sung at Dens back in the day too.

Might not be hot on my Weegie history, however I do know my club is not bigoted. The Sash at Dens? Aye OK chief.

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Might not be hot on my Weegie history, however I do know my club is not bigoted. The Sash at Dens? Aye OK chief.

You have to admit though…this sound awfy like a banned sectarian song at a big Glasgow club. Surely good people like yourself wouldn’t even want to be vaguely associated with that? “Up to our knees in Arab blood, surrender or you’ll die”. Really? Time to move on.

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You have to admit though…this sound awfy like a banned sectarian song at a big Glasgow club. Surely good people like yourself wouldn’t even want to be vaguely associated with that? “Up to our knees in Arab blood, surrender or you’ll die”. Really? Time to move on.

So not the Sash or a banned sectarian song then?

Thanks for clarifying.

22 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Time you moved on from typing out pish. IMO.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Can we put this thread in the bin and start again please? 

Looking forward to getting along on Saturday. Hoping QP can continue the good run... can see Dundee getting a bit jittery if we start well. Big day for Simon Murray - was half expecting him to pitch up at dens this season tbh. 

He usually pitches up in The Bobby Cox when we have a game and he doesn't.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This topic hasn't been done before. Nope, not that I can think of.

We leave the neanderthalic sectarianism to the West coast, thanks.

35 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Had never really seen any QP fan on here talk much pish, though maybe the massive gap between the two sides hid that fact. Fair enough, I've learned my lesson, there is no set of "good" weegie posters on here.

3 points is hardly a massive gap.

44 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Had never really seen any QP fan on here talk much pish, though maybe the massive gap between the two sides hid that fact. Fair enough, I've learned my lesson, there is no set of "good" weegie posters on here.

As one Pharaoh famously said to another, it doesn't matter how far down the pyramid you go - weegies will weegies be.

On 31/08/2022 at 18:21, johnnydun said:

I will give you Queens some choices with where to go next...

Our last Scottish Cup win.

You've won it more recently than us to be fair but, aye, this thread has been an eye bleeding read

Looking forward to my first ever visit to Dens (just a couple of grounds to tick off the list now)

A few weeks ago I'd have bitten your hand off for a point in this game and, despite three wins in a row, I'd still be happy with that tbh. I'm certainly more confident of getting something as we've vastly improved from that League Cup game.

Don't see any reason to change the line up from the last two games. Maybe new loan signing David Boateng will come in for Davidson at right back, depends how match fit he is 

I'm given to understanding that QP aren't a bunch of cloggers so could be a good game. Like to see Williamson given the holding midfield role, thought he really came on to his game on Tuesday. Hopefully McCowan back with McGowan, McMullen and Mulligan. Would be happy for Anderson to be given a chance again if Mulligan is off it again.