East Fife vs Dumbarton

Whilst the last 20 minutes were nerve wracking, we shaded the game. East Fife for their possession in the latter stages, didn’t create much. Buchanan and Carswell shone again and I don’t think Brett Long had a save to make. Byrne almost made it two a few minutes after his goal but was denied by the post. Difficult windy conditions prevailed over the fitba’ but a very good win and three points nonetheless. 

17 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

A disappointing day. Started well and looked the better team. Although the goal should have been given as offside it was sloppy play which was repeated soon after and we could have been two down.

From there it took us until the last ten minutes to figure out how to get past the half way line without punting the ball. Dumbarton were content to feed off our mistakes and should have had it sown up before we put any real pressure on them.

It is very difficult to take the piss when you have lost but a brighter moment from the game was Wallace and Gemmell competing for the Mr Blobby trophy.

Clutching at straws massively here. Neither are fat, Gemmell looks as trim as he ever has.

1 hour ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

It is very difficult to take the piss when you have lost but a brighter moment from the game was Wallace and Gemmell competing for the Mr Blobby trophy.

1 hour ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

I rest my case.

2 hours ago, fifer67 said:

A poor poor game of football spoiled by the wind. Credit Dumbarton they took the chance when it came along although I’m 95% certain it’s offside. Linesman way behind the play when ball played in.  Glad Ryan Wallace not in our dressing room any more as the man is trouble with a capital T. No need for all that school boy nonsense at the end of a game . 

100c5d677cc28ea3f154c70d641f655b_meme-crying-gif-crying-gif-meme_620-340.gif.b476023f302deee18bfcaee20cbfd85b.gif

Edited by Silverton End

Enjoying the seethe on here.

Trying to claim John Gemmell is fat is just brilliant 😂 Wallace could be doing with bring slightly more trim but I'm glad we have him in the squad just because East Fife hate him so much... You'd think they would just be happy he was gone but, evidently they just can't get over it.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Enough about Ryan Wallace, Deco is the boy.

image.png.fda6f333bf1affa641b546a3deebe426.png

Not even a great chance today and he dispatched it really well to score.  I thought he might just be a penalty box poacher, but no!  Delighted with how he's doing and deserves his place in the starting 11

That was a weird game. It was, for the most part, not particularly easy on the eye - and both teams struggled to adapt to the wind.

However the last 10 minutes were fairly frantic and exciting, we created (and then passed up) a host of good chances from nice counter-attacking moves in the second-half, whilst East Fife probably caused us more problems in that stage than any other team so far this season. But failed to test Brett Long - aside from one shot that cracked the bar.

Afterwards Stevie Crawford said he could see why Dumbarton were top of the league. And I thought that was a very interesting comment.

We aren't blowing teams away, I doubt any rival fans have been hugely impressed - but the stats are outstanding. We've conceded three goals in six games. Scoring 14 in that time. We've kept three clean sheets and haven't conceded more than one in any game this season. That's a manager's dream.

Our shape and gameplan yesterday were spot on again. Although I did feel we got weaker after the subs were made - mainly because we lost legs, whilst East Fife added them.

East Fife barely had a clear sight of goal, we pressed at the right times to force them into mistakes and we kept our shape to frustrate them when they had the ball. In basic football terms, we did a job on them.

I thought Gregor Buchanan was excellent again. Stuart Carswell almost got caught out once or twice playing out from the back, but it's nice to see him with that confidence. Aron Lynas was his usual dependable self, as was Martin McNiff - although he looked a wee bit shaky after his booking.

Going forward Declan Byrne's goal was a superb finish, but he should've had a hat-trick - hitting the post a minute after scoring and firing off target from a good position in the second-half. He's looking fitter, sharper and quicker by the week though. The difference in him fitness wise every week is fantastic to see.

Ryan Blair - air-kicking a sitter from a superb short corner aside - had another impressive game in midfield, and his ball for the goal was lovely stuff. Finlay Gray, Kalvin Orsi and Ally Love are worked hard and caused a few issues going forward. I thought it was very noticeable when Love and Orsi went off. Div Wilson didn't do an awful lot wrong, but I thought we missed Joe McKee's composure and strength. Especially in the first-half when both teams were struggling to put a foot on the ball.

18 points is an incredible total at this time in the season; and we've seen a decent variety of performances and wins in that time. We've still got Ross MacLean to come back too, whilst I'm excited to see Michael Garrity play. The two of them should certainly boost our options from the bench.

16 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

A disappointing day. Started well and looked the better team. Although the goal should have been given as offside it was sloppy play which was repeated soon after and we could have been two down.

From there it took us until the last ten minutes to figure out how to get past the half way line without punting the ball. Dumbarton were content to feed off our mistakes and should have had it sown up before we put any real pressure on them.

:lol:

Spoiler

305353205_3364402133882713_7361608065281

305509482_3364402123882714_1063730927262

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

:lol:

Hide contents

305353205_3364402133882713_7361608065281

305509482_3364402123882714_1063730927262

I do find it funny how he referenced comments on Pie & Bovril quite a bit in his Terrace interview and things but said he "didn't read it, despite some folk apparently thinking he does". If he doesn't read it, someone does and sends him everything... 😂

Those pictures though... fat? 😂

That was a weird game. It was, for the most part, not particularly easy on the eye - and both teams struggled to adapt to the wind.
However the last 10 minutes were fairly frantic and exciting, we created (and then passed up) a host of good chances from nice counter-attacking moves in the second-half, whilst East Fife probably caused us more problems in that stage than any other team so far this season. But failed to test Brett Long - aside from one shot that cracked the bar.
Afterwards Stevie Crawford said he could see why Dumbarton were top of the league. And I thought that was a very interesting comment.
We aren't blowing teams away, I doubt any rival fans have been hugely impressed - but the stats are outstanding. We've conceded three goals in six games. Scoring 14 in that time. We've kept three clean sheets and haven't conceded more than one in any game this season. That's a manager's dream.
Our shape and gameplan yesterday were spot on again. Although I did feel we got weaker after the subs were made - mainly because we lost legs, whilst East Fife added them.
East Fife barely had a clear sight of goal, we pressed at the right times to force them into mistakes and we kept our shape to frustrate them when they had the ball. In basic football terms, we did a job on them.
I thought Gregor Buchanan was excellent again. Stuart Carswell almost got caught out once or twice playing out from the back, but it's nice to see him with that confidence. Aron Lynas was his usual dependable self, as was Martin McNiff - although he looked a wee bit shaky after his booking.
Going forward Declan Byrne's goal was a superb finish, but he should've had a hat-trick - hitting the post a minute after scoring and firing off target from a good position in the second-half. He's looking fitter, sharper and quicker by the week though. The difference in him fitness wise every week is fantastic to see.
Ryan Blair - air-kicking a sitter from a superb short corner aside - had another impressive game in midfield, and his ball for the goal was lovely stuff. Finlay Gray, Kalvin Orsi and Ally Love are worked hard and caused a few issues going forward. I thought it was very noticeable when Love and Orsi went off. Div Wilson didn't do an awful lot wrong, but I thought we missed Joe McKee's composure and strength. Especially in the first-half when both teams were struggling to put a foot on the ball.
18 points is an incredible total at this time in the season; and we've seen a decent variety of performances and wins in that time. We've still got Ross MacLean to come back too, whilst I'm excited to see Michael Garrity play. The two of them should certainly boost our options from the bench.

Said yesterday during the game that each substitution seemed to weaken us. Not sure if the manager somehow feels obliged to make substitutions but it certainly seems that way. I couldn’t see any reason for any of them yesterday

On 03/09/2022 at 18:34, fifer67 said:

A poor poor game of football spoiled by the wind. Credit Dumbarton they took the chance when it came along although I’m 95% certain it’s offside. Linesman way behind the play when ball played in. 

23 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

816517494_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.62382879e97e92470a65c43a5440e239.png