East Fife vs Dumbarton

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see a bore draw. Both teams seem to have put focus on being a difficult unit to break down this season and if neither team comes out their shape it could be a long afternoon. A point wouldn't be a bad result.

I think it could be 1-0 either way and the winner is likely to come from a set piece.

13 hours ago, fifer67 said:

That is a blast from the past big Carlo was a decent centre back and I’m sure we signed him from a west Lothian junior team. Gavin Murray the then manager brought in a few decent players from that area. 

Gavin Murray ....was he not a plumber?OR HEATING ENGINEER? I think he signed Paul Hunter who was a class act.Also stuart Wilson who always seemed to score vs us.Graham Bell was another player from that era who grabbed goals against us IIRC.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

David Wilson would not have been my choice for replacing McKee in the starting 11. I’d have brought Wallace in to play behind Byrne with Gray and Blair sitting a bit deeper. We don’t have many options from the bench today at all. 

To be fair, Wilson offered as much as McKee last week (says more about McKee's contribution before his injury) and was better than I expected. That being said, he didn't do anything of any  note either, but who did?

8 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

To be fair, Wilson offered as much as McKee last week (says more about McKee's contribution before his injury) and was better than I expected. That being said, he didn't do anything of any  note either, but who did?

I thought McKee was one of our better performers before he went off tbh, not that he had much competition. That aside I still think Wallace is a far superior player and we’ve already seen he can be a match winner, even if Wilson had an OK performance last week.

25 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought McKee was one of our better performers before he went off tbh, not that he had much competition. That aside I still think Wallace is a far superior player and we’ve already seen he can be a match winner, even if Wilson had an OK performance last week.

I agree, I'd rather Wallace in there too. I think he offers much more to the balance of the team and how we are looking to play this season. Much calmer on the ball and no panic stuff.

But, I didn't think Wilson was that bad last week and given that Faz brought him on when McKee had to go off (I was fearing the worst when I seen him stripped) I'm not surprised he has started in his place this week.

20 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Anyone at or watching..how are we playing...counter attack or trying to go forward?

It's been fairly typical of our showings this season. Our shape has been good, we've defended well and were clinical when we actually created a chance. Which was one of the first time we strung two passes together. Lovely ball from Blair and a cracking finish.

The wind isn't making it a good spectacle. And we've been poor on the ball. But we're looking competent enough as a team again.

13 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It's been fairly typical of our showings this season. Our shape has been good, we've defended well and were clinical when we actually created a chance. Which was one of the first time we strung two passes together. Lovely ball from Blair and a cracking finish.

The wind isn't making it a good spectacle. And we've been poor on the ball. But we're looking competent enough as a team again.

Is it going to be any easier playing with the wind?

21 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We've hardly had time to enjoy the record we've just created but it seems the nerves have started fraying.  We may well lose or drop points tomorrow at Methil but that will have less to do with past form or probability than what actually happens on the park.

OK, Joe McKee is out.  So bring in Ryan Wallace to start the game - I'd be interested to see him link up with Findlay Gray.

East Fife are at home and the onus is on them to press us; that's something we've become used to recently.  Our team ethos and organisation has been very decent and we look for that to continue.  Six league wins in a row at the start of a league campaign would be a great achievement for a club at our level.

Nods contentedly.  

A poor poor game of football spoiled by the wind. Credit Dumbarton they took the chance when it came along although I’m 95% certain it’s offside. Linesman way behind the play when ball played in. Closest we came was when we hit the bar. Referee was weak let Brett long take an age with every by kick and the more he got away with it the longer he took. Thought Healy and Walls brought a bit of pace to the game when they came on and it coincides with our best spell in the game. Glad Ryan Wallace not in our dressing room any more as the man is trouble with a capital T. No need for all that school boy nonsense at the end of a game . 

Fantastic win today and well deserved.

I thought we deserved it over the piece and Byrne took his goal well.

Credit where credit’s due, the management team have us organised, tough to beat and the players play as a cohesive unit, all things massively lacking last year. So a big well done to them and the players for today and the start we’ve had.

Six wins from the first six games is incredible. It’s only a start, we need to be there come May but let’s enjoy it. Top of the league and eight points clear.😎

A disappointing day. Started well and looked the better team. Although the goal should have been given as offside it was sloppy play which was repeated soon after and we could have been two down.

From there it took us until the last ten minutes to figure out how to get past the half way line without punting the ball. Dumbarton were content to feed off our mistakes and should have had it sown up before we put any real pressure on them.

It is very difficult to take the piss when you have lost but a brighter moment from the game was Wallace and Gemmell competing for the Mr Blobby trophy.