🦁 Raith Rovers v Inverness Caley Thistle πŸ¦•- 03-09-2022

That was like watching Barry Smith's team today. I've no idea how we were supposed to score a goal.Β 

There are some players there I feel really sorry for. O'Riordan in particular. Sam Stanton has turned his individual form around. Dylan Easton has a good shot at doing absolutely all of our creating and attacking by himself.Β 

But fucking hell, there's so little nuance. There's so little consideration, so little intelligence. Just like last week, once you get out of defence it's just Dylan Easton and five other interchangeable c***s running in circles.Β 

That is the stupidest fucking tackle I've seen in years. Ross Millen is incredibly fortunate that we literally don't have another right back, because he's an absolute liability. Absolutely horrendous defending. I wouldn't forgive that kind of decision making in one of the kids who's only played ten games, let alone one or the "senior" players.Β 

I simply cannot get over just how awful a player Millen is. All those who warned us were far from wrong.

Well,,we had the worst attacking line in the league going into the game, and it looked absolutely miles worse without Gullan.Β  That is very concerning, as if it wasn't already.

Wasn't a great deal in the game, but when you can't score, you absolutely can't affordΒ  what Millen did.Β  Absolutely terrible.

It's a long season, but 4 defeats out of 6 is relegation form.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Well,,we had the worst attacking line in the league going into the game, and it looked absolutely miles worse without Gullan.Β  That is very concerning, as if it wasn't already.

Wasn't a great deal in the game, but when you can't score, you absolutely can't affordΒ  what Millen did.Β  Absolutely terrible.

It's a long season, but 4 defeats out of 6 is relegation form.

Honeymoon is over for Murray, he needs to start finding answersΒ 

Let down badly today by our fullbacks. Millen was awful, a stupid tackle that he has no chance of winning the ball on and surprisingly gave away the penalty. However, as poor as he was, booing him does no one any favours. Dick was awful too going forward, everything he tried to play forward was either spinning and giving his winger no chance or played in behind his team mates.Β 

In saying that, Brown was equally awful, spent the day marking space and slowing everything down. Maybe he can play right back as once Spencer and Matthews are fully back to fitness he's got no place in midfield. Stanton again was good, but had no one able to help him. Connolly was almost anonymous and for some reason, cannot either beat or outrun anyone.Β 

McBride had moments when he came on, but not enough of them. Another who has no speed or guile about them. Gullan going off lost any momentum we had in that first half.Β 

The galling thing was ICT were awful too. Their midfield was shocking, both Carson and Allardice are just haddies, no ability between them but they kick everyone around and disrupt them. Other than a great save in the first half from Rodgers, we didn't test them at all.Β 

Get brown to rb and start Spencer next week. I'd rather have an out of position brown than millen starting. He's cost us with levels of defending you'd expect to see at the Beveridge park today. In saying that if you can't score you can't win games and the strikers we have can't score. Gullan going off really took away most of our attacking threat today. This throwing strikers on for defenders when losing a game doesn't work either. We were the better team in the first half and actually started the game well but the first goal killed us today.

I hope we would kick on after the Morton and Hamilton games,Β  they both kinda did but we certainly have not.Β  Last season we struggled to score at one end and leaked poor goals at the other. Nothing has changed,Β  IMs recruitment looks no better than McGlynns.Β  Its a poor league but we are a much poorer team too.Β 

Nowhere near good enough today. started well but when we didn’t score in the first half then it felt ominous. Inverness came out much better and never looked back.Β The goal was farcical. Three Rovers players around the ICT player. No one stops him, then Millen slides in like a moron. He really is piss poor and Dick is just as bad. Pass marks only to Stanton, Easton and McBride.Β Murray’s claim that no team will ever outwork us is ringing incredibly hollow at the moment. We get bullied and outworked in the midfield week in, week out. Going to be a long season.Β 
Β 

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Get brown to rb and start Spencer next week. I'd rather have an out of position brown than millen starting. He's cost us with levels of defending you'd expect to see at the Beveridge park today. In saying that if you can't score you can't win games and the strikers we have can't score. Gullan going off really took away most of our attacking threat today. This throwing strikers on for defenders when losing a game doesn't work either. We were the better team in the first half and actually started the game well but the first goal killed us today.

Perhaps…

MacDonald

Brown/Nolan/O’Riordan/Ngwenya

Spencer/Easton/Arnott

Connolly/Gullan or Mitchell or Connell or McBride/Coulson or Ross

Β 

Yes, it’s a stupid number of changes and youth, but we’re doing shite else with the experienced hands.

Gullan was a huge loss for us. He looked a real threat early on and might even have had a goal in him today. Easton also looked good but seemed to fade out in the second half - not sure if that was because Gullan had gone off or if Inverness snuffed him out.

Feels like we’re carrying too many other players who are just there to make up the numbers. Doing just enough to look like a professional footballer, without contributing much.

I hate to criticise a youngster, but I'm going to. Connell is as good as a man short. Woeful. I'll concede he didn't get much service but I'd happily drive him back to Ayrshire tomorrow.

Millen's challenge was deplorable. After one of his crosses I said to my son, "that's the weakest part of his game." I was wrong. He too is as good as a man short. We're down to 9.

The Gullan critics will now see that we are worse without him, but McBride did OK when he came on. At least he doesn't take us down to 8.

Connolly was heavily marked, as was Easton, but we have no physical game to shove them back. Easton aside we had zero creativity and zero dig.Β 

I hope Spencer is fit to play 90 very soon, but I agree with some others - I too was giving it 1st quarter but feel Murray needs to up his game a bit, pronto. ICT were a pale imitation of themselves today but I felt best we were gonna get was a 0-0. Imagine my disappointment....etc

Edited by Brashy's Boots

Is it only one marquee loan signing we are getting or is there room for another one or two?

Β 

Incidentally, was reading the views of several Hartlepool fans last week who all agreed Tumilty was the worst full back to ever play for them. Wish we could swap Millen for him to see if they change their minds…

8 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Is it only one marquee loan signing we are getting or is there room for another one or two?

Β 

Incidentally, was reading the views of several Hartlepool fans last week who all agreed Tumilty was the worst full back to ever play for them. Wish we could swap Millen for him to see if they change their minds…

Tumilty was hopeless defensively but as an attacking threat he was excellent more often than not. Absolutely take that now over what we have.