League Cup Last 16 - Motherwell vs Inverness CT

Phillips455

Might as well get this thread started.

So it's a Wednesday night game (kick off 7.45pm) at Fir Park.

Ticket Prices:

Adults – £15

Concession (Over 65 & Students) – £10

Young adult (12-17) & Junior 11 & Under – £5

They can be digital/printed off or collected at the ticket office (there is a both at the away stand but not sure if this will be open on match day).

Purchase on the Motherwell ticketing website. Will need to use the link on ICT website for away fans. Otherwise you can't purchase tickets in that area.

Recap of both teams:

Motherwell - pumped by the Irish as we got a bye to this stage. Doing well in the league but really messed up against Kilmarnock. Some poor subs cost us the points but hopefully this does not repeat. Will need to see what attitude the team will come out with during this game.

Inverness - I haven't seen much of them tbh. Missed the game on the BBC were they lost 4-1 and now lost to Morton at Home. They will have a point to prove and a place in the quarter finals at stake.

I honest think it will be a tight game. We have just given away wins to teams who have been struggling recently. My gut feeling is that we still win this. Van Veen goal to make it 1-0.

We are absolutely shite.  If Motherwell don't beat us they should lock the gates and disband their club in abject shame.  Stephen Hammel should give an address to the fans apologising for his failure and then commit seppuku in a Yukio Mishima style.

I'm looking forward to the game!

I vaguely recall buying a ticket for this. Apologies but I don’t know who plays for ICT nowadays, I assume Foran has retired.

I would love Hammell to field a team that ran over lower league opposition but we haven’t had an easy game for years.

Does it go straight to penalties? If not I foresee extra time.

43 minutes ago, ropy said:

I vaguely recall buying a ticket for this. Apologies but I don’t know who plays for ICT nowadays, I assume Foran has retired.

I would love Hammell to field a team that ran over lower league opposition but we haven’t had an easy game for years.

Does it go straight to penalties? If not I foresee extra time.

Naw, goes to extra time then penalties. The penalty shoot-out out thing is only for the group section as part of that bonus point thing.

Hopefully it doesn't need to go to penalties and we make it through to the Quarter finals.

I think Hammell will have learned a valuable lesson on Saturday.  There's very little between most of the teams in our league.  Bringing on Maguire, Morris, Tierney & Efford made us massively weaker and Kilmarnock stepped up and turned the game around.

No pissing about here.  Strongest XI available to start, and if we're lucky enough to be coasting in the last 20 minutes (unlikely) then we can rest a few legs.  

Think this'll be a tough one, but we'll scrape by 1-0 only to be rewarded with a trip to Ibrox in the next round.

I was planning on going to this but I'm still really not well (not Covid) so will do with watching at home.

Expecting a scrappy close game if I'm honest. I expect a couple of changes to be made. Penney and McKinstry (assuming he's fit again) to come in with Rolando on the bench. If McKinstry isn't fit and Rolando is then start him instead. SOD back at RB with McGinn and either Lamie or Sol as the CB pairing.