Kilmarnock vs Motherwell

Was concerned after the first twenty minutes or so. We seemed to be getting forward without creating any real attacks. Lost the goal far too easily, just a simple ball slipped through the midfield and the lack of pace in central defence costs us. Lovely finish from Van Veen mind you. 

Goal seemed to kick us in to life, which is always frustrating as it raises the question why we didnt start with that intensity. Surprised at Lafferty passing up two good chances but to be fair in 5 games of football those are probably the first chances we've really made for him. 

Second half thought some of our play was excellent. Armstrong had an out of position SOD on toast all game. Polworth looks a different player this season. Well worth our two goals in the end, and full credit to Power for taking a really good booking in the last passage of play. Smart foul. 

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Mrs Polworth having a party...

She has one of them every time she gets shagged and its not her Da

As for Hammy, this has emphasised that he needs to improve the sweet-talkin in the next few days. Efford evidently all gallus due to his baffling team of the week. Could Josh Morris also kindly do a Dibble please?

On 26/08/2022 at 14:12, KTID26 said:

In the last week great performances from Newcastle, Manchester United and Bolton ( not so much )

The time is tomorrow - 3-1 to Killie.

You heard it here first, didn't get the score correct but the 3 points were well deserved. Armstrong had your left back ( don't know who he is ) on toast the whole game.

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I see the wee Motherwell neds decided to pan in the Clansmans windows on the way back to the train station.

Well done to all the wee hero's involved !! 👏 

Probably those wee neds that forced their way into the lower section of the stand. An uglier bunch of wee fannies I've never seen - are the good upstanding Motherwell fans not embarrassed by the antics of these bams?

7 minutes ago, Paxo said:

Probably those wee neds that forced their way into the lower section of the stand. An uglier bunch of wee fannies I've never seen - are the good upstanding Motherwell fans not embarrassed by the antics of these bams?

Scum.
I suppose the difference between that shite and the infirm is that there are much more of  the twisted sisters inbred hordes.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

32 minutes ago, Paxo said:

100%.

Sadly there’s been a few instances of shocking behaviour/violence recently. 

7 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Considering that Killie were in the championship last season , I can honestly say that Motherwell would not look out of place there. Killie should have won that game more easily but next time they will do. 

Bookmarked 

18 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

100%.

Sadly there’s been a few instances of shocking behaviour/violence recently. 

From 'Well fans? Quite surprised at it, thought you were an ok bunch

Fitba wise, deserved win the day. Could have been more comfortable if we'd tried to hit the target in the first 60odd minutes 

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I see the wee Motherwell neds decided to pan in the Clansmans windows on the way back to the train station.

Well done to all the wee hero's involved !! 👏 

The wee Fannie’s will be on CCTV then. They’ll be fuckin shiting themselves.

5 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

The wee Fannie’s will be on CCTV then. They’ll be fuckin shiting themselves.

Aye they aint the brightest tbh.... when they headed down the front of the Chadwick they set up a video camera on a tripod, once that footage comes out the polis should be able to match it up with those responsible for the Clansman attack.

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

Considering that Killie were in the championship last season , I can honestly say that Motherwell would not look out of place there. Killie should have won that game more easily but next time they will do. 

No one likes a poor loser. No one likes a poor winner. 

You won your first game today in the top flight.  Well done. 

TB3

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

Must have watched a different game from me. Killie fans on here getting far to excited after today 

Our subs on the hour mark were a mistake. Thought Cornelius was playing well and as much as I don’t rate Shields he was doing alright. Would have much preferred to keep him on than bring on Morris, who is nowhere near good enough for this level of football. But hey, Hammy has only managed, what 5 games of football. He’ll learn

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

As if we don't also have absolute c***s supporting us. Motherwell are a good bunch in general.

When was the last time you heard of us smashing a pub up? 

I was actually saying to my dad at the start of the game who was a bit surprised at the Well Bois and the atmosphere they were creating that they were a good group of fans and “no trouble”. Now though my opinion has totally changed on them. I’m sure family club Motherwell will call them out for  this.

Looked to my eyes (limited knowledge of Motherwell’s squad however) that the subs from both teams turned the game. Our bench seemed a lot stronger than Well’s and our replacements made a positive difference to the result whereas theirs weakened their midfield and wing play. It was a good game throughout but a merited win for Killie, best team from 30 mins onwards and good crowd in today.

Hard to judge the strength of everyone until the first round of fixtures complete. Our first 5 fixtures have all been against top 6 sides from last season so not too surprised we’ve not picked up a load of points. Headed the right way though.