Kilmarnock vs Motherwell

Just over 24 hours before this one and I can't see a thread for it yet.

I quite enjoy a wee away day to Killie - easy to get to and a couple of decent pubs between the station and the stadium, so welcome back to the big league.

Tough start to the season for Killie but from what I've seen so far (Sportscene), it doesn't seem that performances have been that great, so hopefully we can take advantage with another week of coaching from Sir Stevie Hammell under our belts. I imagine McKinstry and Penney will both be in the squad to give us a couple more options but barring any injuries I think we'll start with the same 11 as last week. 

It'll be tight, but the Hammell revolution continues; 1-2 to the 'Well. 

43 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think Killie look a bit gash (no offence) so we really should be winning this

Thanks Yassin 🙈  My mum always told me never to tempt fate ! What could possibly go wrong now…..

A win would be huge as we would have 12 points to Killie 1. A big gap even this early in the season. Would happily take 4 points from next two games however.

Will be a close game. Hopefully not decided by refereeing ineptitude as seems a weekly occurrence. 

We were pretty good vs United, as shite as you'd expect vs the old firm, and pretty shite in Dingwall, albeit we should have been playing against 9 men. 

With a couple of key players still injured, I'm not expecting anything but more shite tomorrow. 

Hopefully not though and it's the start of us turning a corner. 

Well we have a left back now which allows one of our more promising performers this season to get into his natural position in midfield. I'm expecting this to improve us instantly in all areas of the park, so feeling more confident than I was earlier this week.

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

I don't really know what to expect in this game but I'm looking at 9 points as having us about a quarter of the way to safety and hopefully another 3 points would see us pretty much a third of the way there.

In the last week great performances from Newcastle, Manchester United and Bolton ( not so much )

The time is tomorrow - 3-1 to Killie.

Huge game for us tomorrow, I'm trying to feel hopeful but think that we'll not win if we stick with two up front. Interesting to see the new LB, as this is a position we've struggled in in the last few seasons. 

20 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Brass n Granite in Grange St or the Portmann Hotel on Portland Road,  just a 5 min walk from the stadium.

Both good shouts. Generally try and grab a quick bit of Fanny when we get off the train then wander along to one (or both) of these on way to the ground.

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Both good shouts. Generally try and grab a quick bit of Fanny when we get off the train then wander along to one (or both) of these on way to the ground.

Aye, I've often enjoyed a wee bit of pre-match Fanny when visiting Killie. Brass and Granite is a good shout too.

I wouldn't dismiss Killie on their games so far - essentially they've disappointed once in four which seems a not unreasonable tally for our sort of club. And they'll be right up for it tomorrow on the basis of season starts here etc.

Would be happy with a point. Nicking another win will have me searching for bandwagons on the old Amazon.com.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Liam Polworth will have an impact on this game.

Completely missed that he was still at Killie! Can’t believe he’s got another crack at the premiership after being part of the Dunfermline collapse last season. Genuinely expected him to be turning out for a Dunfermline/Falkirk level of club this season…watch him stick one in the top corner tomorrow now.