How do you solve a problem like the Scottish Premiership?

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Probably because you hired a manager in the middle of that who banned your players from having green boots and the majority of your dumb fans lapped it up and forgot about the football.

As much as I think Rangers fans can be incredibly deluded let's be honest you don't actually believe that do you?

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Rangers fans claiming they’ve experienced any sort of true mediocrity is fucking laughable. Ridiculous. 

1981. Pumped by 4-1 over two legs by Chesterfield in the Anglo Scottish Cup as they had not qualified for Europe either through league placing or by winning a domestic cup. 

Needless to say their fans rioted in Chesterfield.

I would say that was a period of mediocrity for the blue arse bigots.

The green arse bigots lost over two legs to Burnley 3-1 in 1978. 

Needless to say their fans rioted in Burnley.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

1981. Pumped by 4-1 over two legs by Chesterfield in the Anglo Scottish Cup as they had not qualified for Europe either through league placing or by winning a domestic cup. 

Needless to say their fans rioted in Chesterfield.

I would say that was a period of mediocrity for the blue arse bigots.

The green arse bigots lost over two legs to Burnley 3-1 in 1978. 

Needless to say their fans rioted in Burnley.

How could anyone tell?

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

How could anyone tell?

No joke if it was your town. 

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.com/2013/01/60-injured-as-celtic-fans-riot-in.html?m=1

Greatest fans in the world eh?

Despite their terrific behaviour in Seville they had significant problems during that UEFA run most notably in Blackburn.

It’s no wonder those teams have not been welcomed to join the leagues south of the border.

I see that RB Leipzig and Shakhtar Donetsk, 2 teams that managed to get the better of the world famous "Angeball", have been knocked out of Europe and conceded 16 (sixteen) goals between them in their respective ties. 

200w.gif

Which will cause them to invoke the usual Old Squirm doublethink. Knocked out easily even by weaker Euro teams so 'we need to move to a stronger league so that we have a decent level of competition. Our plight is the fault of diddy teams.'

Had they done unexpectedly well (stop sniggering at the back there) it would have been 'We've outgrown the Spiffle Premier and we need to move to a stronger league with a decent level of competition. The diddy teams would hold us back.'

To both of which we should respond, 'On ye go, then, please avoid a door/capacious backside interface on yer way out, and don't expect to get back in when your supporters are howling because they're getting beat more often.'

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I see that RB Leipzig and Shakhtar Donetsk, 2 teams that managed to get the better of the world famous "Angeball", have been knocked out of Europe and conceded 16 (sixteen) goals between them in their respective ties. 

200w.gif

Not reading much into that tbf, City can do that to just about anyone when they click and the Feyernoord one is just a freak result like the Liverpool/Man U game the other week. 

17 hours ago, HibsFan said:

The only way it could be mediocre is if you’ve signed up to support Rangers with the expectation that they win everything and dominate everyone. In which case, you should really have picked Celtic to support.

Fixed that for you.

10 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

we need to move to a stronger league so that we have a decent level of competition. Our plight is the fault of diddy

They are not remotely interested in competition, just the money. They'll both still be also rans in England and European competitions. 

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There's folk who still think Celtic and Sevco will be top half clubs, if not challenging near the top, in the EPL if they were ever somehow admitted.

Theres Celtic fans on this site who think if you drop them into the Championship theyd get promoted easily.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres Celtic fans on this site who think if you drop them into the Championship theyd get promoted easily.

I appreciate there will be clubs with parachute payments to pad up there budget but given we would probably have twice the amount of season book holders to the next club in the championship and 3 spots to go up we would at least be seen as one of the favourites. I do appreciate English championship clubs often spunk their entire turnover on wages in the hope of goin up though.

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I appreciate there will be clubs with parachute payments to pad up there budget but given we would probably have twice the amount of season book holders to the next club in the championship and 3 spots to go up we would at least be seen as one of the favourites. I do appreciate English championship clubs often spunk their entire turnover on wages in the hope of goin up though.

Attendances seem fairly irrelevant in that division these days, where as (going by the sketchy figures online) theres 4 clubs in there who already have a larger wage spend than you.

Most clubs also seem willing to rack up £50m+ worth of losses over a few years as one promotion reverses it.

Youd get promoted eventually, much like West Ham/Newcastle/Leeds, but the idea that it would be a cruise from there straight into the EPL tof flight is wild.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Attendances seem fairly irrelevant in that division these days, where as (going by the sketchy figures online) theres 4 clubs in there who already have a larger wage spend than you.

Most clubs also seem willing to rack up £50m+ worth of losses over a few years as one promotion reverses it.

Youd get promoted eventually, much like West Ham/Newcastle/Leeds, but the idea that it would be a cruise from there straight into the EPL tof flight is wild.

I would imagine our purse strings would get loosened but yeah I wouldn't imagine it to be a skoosh just that we would be one of the favourites. Tbh as much as our standard gets chastised for me the idea of playing twice a week pretty much in the same competition doesn't really make me envy lower english football greatly.

Joey Barton English championship player of the season. 

Joey Barton, completely out of his depth in the spfl premiership. 

If the old firm moved to the English leagues then they'd attract better players who normally wouldn't want to play in Scotland,  better sponsorship revenues and tv money.   They wouldn't be playing with their current squads.  

Tbh I don't really want us to be part of any English set up, our game isn't perfect but it's ours.