How do you solve a problem like the Scottish Premiership?

I'm sure there have been other threads to try this but does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this seemingly hopeless situation we are in? What do other European leagues do to keep themselves competitive? For a start, I can't imagine they have a similar voting structure to ours. Fairer distribution of wealth has to be the start but the apathy that has set in will take time to reverse. Does anyone have ideas on the structure of the league that could lead to change? No idea is too outlandish but hopefully we can all be constructive.

Just now, Nae Union said:

I'm sure there have been other threads to try this but does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this seemingly hopeless situation we are in? What do other European leagues do to keep themselves competitive? For a start, I can't imagine they have a similar voting structure to ours. Fairer distribution of wealth has to be the start but the apathy that has set in will take time to reverse. Does anyone have ideas on the structure of the league that could lead to change? No idea is too outlandish but hopefully we can all be constructive.

Champions and runners up are only awarded 2 points for a win in the following season.

Teams that play in green and white hoops should start every game with a handicap of minus-eight goals. 

Teams that play in royal blue with a lovely white trim and a stylish arm sponsor should start every game with an eight goal head start. 

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Share all the money...

The problem with football communism is that eventually the diddies will run out of other peoples money.

Because they'll spend it on shite like Rocky Bushiri and Kevin Van Veen. 

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

The problem with football communism is that eventually the diddies will run out of other peoples money.

Because they'll spend it on shite like Rocky Bushiri and Kevin Van Veen. 

YARN | You're a cock. | The Office (UK) (2001) - S01E01 Drama | Video clips  by quotes | 7a8c4338 | 紗

Just now, Busta Nut said:

YARN | You're a cock. | The Office (UK) (2001) - S01E01 Drama | Video clips  by quotes | 7a8c4338 | 紗

It's fun to imagine what Scottish Football would look like if the revenue was split equally though. 

Imagine the smile on that Nigerian Prince's face when he realised that Hamilton Accies were due to land 1/42nd of the Champions League cash. 

Don't normally dip into this thread, recent posts remind me why. Any decent points are immediately swamped by a  litany of  sad, old , arguments, none of which will ever add anything to our game. In fact quite the opposite,  a real shame as we clearly have lots of people very interested in the product.  In fact football in Scotland is a dream for would be investors or broadcasters,  the numbers are off the scale.

Problem is we are so self interested and protective of our wee bit, can't even begin to optimise of what we have to offer. The pathetic TV deals are best/ worst example. 

First post I read asked what would improve the product,  by way of reorganisation.  Firstly ,current set up is an ugly construction, totally creating over complicated and frankly nonsensical arrangements.  Long story short,  too few teams in too many divisions. 

Thee divisions of 16 , allowing more ambitious teams below SPFL to bring to the party ( yes absolutely self interest  from me on this) .

Three down, two automatic plus play off for third from division below, same as English Premier.  Absolutely never ever any play off to reward failure,  like team 42 now. Play offs are for going up, not get out of jail.

International revolution. The USA to launch a competitor to FIFA, bringing with it all the things that make US sports great - draft system, salary caps etc. Global teams to gradually join the new organisation over the course of a decade, or risk isolation. A far more equitable international footballing fraternity, with a diverse array of teams winning their leagues every year. Maybe even Hibs. 

The reality is nothing will change unless fans of Diddy clubs make it clear to their owners that they’re no longer willing to accept supporting such a rigged competition, something like in 2012. 

There’s enough posts on here to suggest an acceptance of the situation that tells me there’s not enough anger out there to make any meaningful difference. 

9 hours ago, Nae Union said:

Champions and runners up are only awarded 2 points for a win in the following season.

Replying to yourself. Forget to change accounts?

7 hours ago, ekok said:

Don't normally dip into this thread, recent posts remind me why. Any decent points are immediately swamped by a  litany of  sad, old , arguments, none of which will ever add anything to our game. In fact quite the opposite,  a real shame as we clearly have lots of people very interested in the product.  In fact football in Scotland is a dream for would be investors or broadcasters,  the numbers are off the scale.

Problem is we are so self interested and protective of our wee bit, can't even begin to optimise of what we have to offer. The pathetic TV deals are best/ worst example. 

First post I read asked what would improve the product,  by way of reorganisation.  Firstly ,current set up is an ugly construction, totally creating over complicated and frankly nonsensical arrangements.  Long story short,  too few teams in too many divisions. 

Thee divisions of 16 , allowing more ambitious teams below SPFL to bring to the party ( yes absolutely self interest  from me on this) .

Three down, two automatic plus play off for third from division below, same as English Premier.  Absolutely never ever any play off to reward failure,  like team 42 now. Play offs are for going up, not get out of jail.

You don't normally reply to threads 9 hours old?

Every club is ambitious. You're clearly one of those folk who think ambition means money.

Would agree that there should be automatic promotion to and relegation from League 2. 

The 3 x 16 league format would be far more interesting than what we have just now. Although the Championship for the last few years has been pretty interesting from a perspective of teams trying to out shite each other. There are a number of ambitious clubs in the pyramid who would offer plenty to the leagues and shake things up a bit in the lower divisions. However, they are also paralysed by nonsense playoffs based upon self preservation. 

A larger tier 3 of 20 (i,.e 16,16,20) may also be an interesting prospect with the door swung open for teams from HL/LL (plus the pyramid below them - with a proper promotion relegation setup.) Just now I don't feel it is fit for purpose. Probably mostly from the LL sides looking over their shoulders at the arguably better WoS/EoS sides who are eyeing up promotion, rather than HL sides. 

Would 3x16 make it any better for teams in the Championship or leagues 1 and 2? In these leagues you have a better than even chance of being champions, relegated or in a play-off. Very few dead rubber games come the end of the season. A 16 team league will have more games between mid-table teams clogging up the schedule at the end with no jeopardy involved. And I doubt it would "solve" the premiership either.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

The reality is nothing will change unless fans of Diddy clubs make it clear to their owners that they’re no longer willing to accept supporting such a rigged competition, something like in 2012. 

There’s enough posts on here to suggest an acceptance of the situation that tells me there’s not enough anger out there to make any meaningful difference. 

The chance was missed...thanks Mr Milne

This not a Scottish issue,

Bar Twente in 2009-2010 & DWS in 1963-1964 the Dutch league has never been won by other than three team (Ajax, Feyenoord & PSV).

Bar Boavista (2000-2001) & Belenenses (1945-1946) the Portuguese league has never been won by other than three team (Porto, Benfica & Sporting).

Teams dominating leagues is fairly normal. Trying to artificially change it won't work.

Can only pray for a proper liquidation followed by bulldozing and grave dancing to actually change things.