Hearts v St Johnstone 28/8/22

Interesting to read James Brown talking about our system this morning. A bit of it is just repeating what the manager has said but at least it shows it has sunk in.

"When you play a 3-4-3, you only have two in midfield, so in transition periods, getting it out to the wing-backs is a big part of the game for us.

"Without wanting to get too technical, doing that quickly when we turnover possession is one of the biggest ways we can get up the pitch.

"Transitioning from a five into attack isn’t easy – it’s a lot of leg work for the wing-backs – but it’s important.

"It’s a massive part of us doing well this season.

"It’s not a defensive system when you make it work."

Of the course the problem is the options we have at wing back, Brown included, and this gives as big an indication yet that Davidson fixes on the system then tries to fit the players in, rather than picking a system to suit what he has.

I remember going to Easter Road around this time in 2001 to face Hibernian and getting scudded 4-0. That was the final nail in the coffin for Sandy Clark...

Callum Davidson is a shite one trick pony with f**k all charisma. We laugh at Jack Ross for being an absolutely shite, one dimensional nearly man, which he is, but at least he can converse with the media and doesn't look like he's been dragged through a bramble bush by his feet.

f**k off Callum and take your players with you xx.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not sure how I feel about this one as The Big Day approaches.

Definite worries at the back. For all that St Johnstone aren't free-scoring, we'll be putting out a disgraceful back line.

Three points in any manner at all, and move on.

I think we'll go at the back with:

Atkinson Neilson Rowles Halliday

Interested to see how Neilson gets on if we do. 

So Hearts have no defence and St. Johnstone have no attackers, so it will be 90 minutes of Cammy Devlin and Murray Davidson standing in the centre circle kicking fck out of each other.

Edited by RiffRaff

On 27/08/2022 at 10:49, tree house tam said:

Callum Davidson is a shite one trick pony with f**k all charisma. We laugh at Jack Ross for being an absolutely shite, one dimensional nearly man, which he is, but at least he can converse with the media and doesn't look like he's been dragged through a bramble bush by his feet.

f**k off Callum and take your players with you xx.

Yip, we laugh at Jack Ross.

I guess things could be worse.

Neilson saying on the pre-match radio interview that he’s noticed Saints try to play out from the back with midfielders dropping into get on the ball far more this season than previously.

On the back of that, I fully expect hearts to press our midfielders quick and early every time we get on it and try to play out.  Wouldn’t be surprised if hearts nick the ball and create a few opportunities early on from that… the question is whether Callum will realise early enough and adapt our play.

Hope I’m completely wrong and we put in a performance and come away with the points, really need something from this match.

Assume Montgomery isn't 100%, although there's a chance that Davidson somehow feels we'd be too open with him and Wright. Montgomery and Bair for Brown and May at 65 minutes at 2-0 down....

Looking at that hearts line up, real chance to go at them here. We won't though. And they've got plenty to bring on from the bench. Worried about Ginnelly up against Considine too

Edited by nelsjfc