Livi v Dundee Utd (PSC)

LIVIFOREVER

Fair play to United we were truly woeful in that first half. Surprisingly when we brought some attackers on we actually looked a bit more threatening. Still in absolute shock that we barely tested a keeper who conceded 9 at the weekend, he didn’t even have a shot to save and still looked unbelievably shaky.

Well that was frustrating. You could see what was wrong from miles away. General thoughts:

- Fletcher was the best player on the park by an absolute mile. We were being outworked by him alone for a while. 

- We reeeaaalllly rely on Fitz. If he gets sold/injured/suspended, we're in trouble. The second goal in particular was a giant gaping hole that wouldn't have existed if he was playing.

- First half our only attacking outlet was to lump the ball into the box, and we didn't win a single header in there. Once we brought on Guthrie, things changed. Not because Guthrie was great, but because we moved Nouble out wide and him and Bahamboula were able to run at them and cause some damage.

- Was Ayo offside for his goal? Didn't look it from where I was, but admittedly I didn't have the best angle. On another day he could have been sent off as well, he clattered the keeper at one point and I have no idea why the ref ignored it.

- There were 4-5 times tonight where Devlin picked the ball up and tried to inject some pace into the game, only for Shinnie or Omeonga to double back and let United get back into shape. Then we'd hoof it to their centre backs, and the same thing happens.

- Ah well. Proper game of two halfs, innit. United could have been 4 up at half time and we couldn't have had too many complaints. If we'd won it in the second then there couldn't have been complaints about that either.

- f**k me Eriksson is shit. No idea why we didn't test him out more

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm not looking forward to getting pumped 14-0 in the second leg

Thanks you made me laugh reading that, needed an injection of humour to cheer me up a bit after watching that pish tonight.

Where to start with that formation in the first half, and early second half, Omeonga out wide, holly feck, hardly hit a pass to a Livi player, very unlike him, dreadful game but i'm putting it down to him not being a winger. I like Montano, but again he isn't a WB, just doesn't take players on down the wing to hit the byeline. Too many pass backs with nobody wanting to inject a bit of pace and attack, we just lumped balls up to Nouble who was man marked by 2 Utd players, often holding onto both his arms. Even Pittman and Holt looked awful, and George, WTF was he thinking coming out for the ball outside his box, then falling on his arse trying to get back to his line, keystone cops moment and an easy 2nd goal which killed the game for us.

We looked a lot better when we brought on an actual winger, and Nouble moved out wide too, FFS stop playing him as a No9. Only positive was new signing Guthrie scoring, so no doubt he'll be benched against Hearts and Nouble will head our attack as the No9.