Livi v Dundee Utd (PSC)

LIVIFOREVER

As bad as Utd are just now, we don't set ourselves up to go out and take advantage of their frailties in defence, we flood the midfield to nullify a goal threat and shitfest our way to slender wins. Thought at the time when we beat them 1-0 they looked shaky at the back and we could've pressed them more to score a few goals, and everyone they've played since has scored at least 3 past them. Don't see this being much different from our last game against them though, and think there'll only be 1 goal in it.

Saying all that, Martindale said he was going to change things for the Aberdeen game on Saturday, so we'll see if he's going to be more attacking in that game and carry it into this game.

Well we changed fuckall against Aberdeen, but this game is a chance to do something different. Any chance Martindale could start Mullin with Nouble up front, or in behind him with Pittman, just to see how it works out and maybe take it into league games if it goes well. Nouble is needing a goal scorer playing off him and Pitts & Shinnie isn't doing it. Would be even better if Anderson makes it and a front 3 of Mullin-Nouble-Anderson, not going to put my house on it happening though.

19 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Well we changed fuckall against Aberdeen, but this game is a chance to do something different. Any chance Martindale could start Mullin with Nouble up front, or in behind him with Pittman, just to see how it works out and maybe take it into league games if it goes well. Nouble is needing a goal scorer playing off him and Pitts & Shinnie isn't doing it. Would be even better if Anderson makes it and a front 3 of Mullin-Nouble-Anderson, not going to put my house on it happening though.

I think the lack of change in shape was forced with Anderson being injured and Moyo being suspended. I think we'd have gone with the 4-3-3 with Anderson in between Nouble and Moyo. Would love to see Nouble move back to the wing, as good as he has been in a central role, he's not clinical enough which will cost us.

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think the lack of change in shape was forced with Anderson being injured and Moyo being suspended. I think we'd have gone with the 4-3-3 with Anderson in between Nouble and Moyo. Would love to see Nouble move back to the wing, as good as he has been in a central role, he's not clinical enough which will cost us.

Yeah would've thought he'd play Mullin though, for me Mullin is more ready to go than Bahamboula, and was in decent form in the friendly and first cup game, then he's been dropped out the team. Seems strange we're not playing him.

Pretty sure fitzwater is suspended for this due to bookings in the group stage. We saw the absolute calamitous defending we were left with without him in the 2nd half against aberdeen. No leadership, no shape, and no adequate replacement. Will come down to whatever teams defence makes the least mistakes. 

Both teams coming off the back of a pumping, either going to have both trying to right some wrongs and a superb game; or a cagey game with neither team trying to concede. I'll go for the latter and a United win on penalties. I'm not too fussed how this one goes really, nice to get a cup run but would prefer one in the Scottish Cup or better league performances over the League Cup. Avoid injuries and an embarrassing scoreline and I'll be happy enough.

If Anderson was fit I'd like to see something like:

George

Devlin  -  Obileye  -  Cancar  -  Montano

Omeonga  -  Holt  -  Pittman

Nouble  -  Anderson  -  Bahamboula*

Assuming he isn't then probably:

George

Devlin  -  Obileye  -  Cancar  -  Montano

Omeonga  -  Holt  -  Kelly

Bahamboula*  -  Pittman

Nouble

*could probably switch Mullin/Bahamboula in either case. Be surprised if this happens now that Mullin's off to Ayr.

Edited by LiviLion

The amount of goals Utd have conceded since playing us we should be going for it here, with 3 attacking players in a 4-3-3, but Martindale is loathed to making changes from a system that got us 2 wins, even though we've lost our last 2 games playing the same system.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There seems to be a lack of input from Arabs to this thread, not sure why.

My prediction: it will not be a draw.

Shite pitch

*insert a cocaine reference here*

hammer throwers

3 men and a dug support

Hope that helps balance the thread out a bit till more arabs arrive.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Shite pitch

hammer throwers

3 men and a dug support

Actually you’ve made our case for us.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Shite pitch

hammer throwers

3 men and a dug support

^^^ this 

I wish we had a hammer thrower and a dug in midfield. I might need some cocaine off you to make it more enjoyable too. Dosent sound too bad supporting Livi tbf.

3-0 Livingston.

Jack Ross to be jettisoned outside Perth somewhere on the way home and Charlie Mulgrew to get the managers job with Baby Asghar as assistant. 

Fucking BOOOO

Always fear the change of management bounce a team tends to have but then I realised Fox is taking charge. Really nice guy but hells teeth....

Anyway here's hoping that Watt doesn't continue his habit of scoring against Livi Last game excepted)

Actually both teams are off heavy defeats; and this is a free shot - anything could happen. Hopefully the referee isnt Willie Collum

29 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Always fear the change of management bounce a team tends to have but then I realised Fox is taking charge. Really nice guy but hells teeth....

Anyway here's hoping that Watt doesn't continue his habit of scoring against Livi Last game excepted)

Actually both teams are off heavy defeats; and this is a free shot - anything could happen. Hopefully the referee isnt Willie Collum

Willie Baird * David Munro tonight, Willie Collum on Sat against Hearts.

Fourth Official Nick Walsh 😬

*Sorry didn't read that properly and see Baird is the ref against Morton in our U15's & U12's games.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER