The Pie & Bovril WoSFL Predictor Competition 2022-23

On 25/08/2022 at 11:46, jimbaxters said:

As mentioned before, in a bid to attract more interest in this section of the forum I'd like to resurrect the predictor competition which ran a few years ago. The format is fairly simple in that there will be six fixtures posted each week and all you need to do is predict the correct score of each. Having asked previously who would be interested in playing, we currently have 17 participants. They are...

jimbaxters

beith19

Craig fae the Vale

Darvel legend

Shanner

dagane

Inzaghi

funky monkey

Kenny*******Powers

Shannon

Marshmallo

wow-wee

Fredeye

93glens17

BC63

passbackdave

coineanach

Would like to get to 20 in total but we will run with what we have when the deadline arrives.

Start Date

As this weekend is a cup week, it would be a bit of a messy start so the start date will be Saturday 3rd September. This also gives us a bit of time to get more participants and get entry fee in.

Finish Date

Final league fixtures of the season are on May 6th so this will be the last round of predictions

Entry Fee

The majority of posters have agreed on a one-off £10 entry fee. As I don’t want the responsibility of holding this, I have contacted the site owner @Div. He has provided a means of sending the entry fee and the site will hold it for us during the competition then send the prize money to winner(s) at the end.

He has asked that we send the £10 via Paypal to webmaster@pieandbovril.com

If you indicate it is for “Friends or Family” there should be no admin fee. Please also remember to write in the description that it’s the entry fee for the above competition and also include your site username. I would appreciate it if you let me know when you have sent the money over, either on this thread or by PM before the start date.

Prizes

If we can reach the target of 20 participants this will give us a pot of £200 and Div has very kindly offered to add another £50 to the pot so many thanks for this. Therefore we should have a total of £250. I want to offer two options;-

Option 1- Winner takes all

Option 2- 1st…£125

2nd...£75

3rd..£50

Please let me know in reply which you prefer and we’ll go with majority.

Scoring

Correct score = 10 points

Correct Result = 3 points

Correct Score for one team = 1 point

For example, I predict the score to be Clydebank 1 Pollok 2

If this is exactly right I get 10 points

If the actual final score is any other Pollok win, I get 3 points

If the actual final score is Clydebank 1 Pollok 3, I get 4 points for the Clydebank number of goals being correct

If the actual final score is Clydebank 1 Pollok 1, I get one point

If the final score is Clydebank 2 Pollok 1, I get zip!

At the end of the competition, in the event of a tie, the player with the most correct scores (10 pointers) over the season will win and if they are the same, the prize will be split.

Hopefully that’s clear but happy to explain more if you need me to.

Fixtures and updates

I will try to update as soon as I can but it will probably be every Monday where I post updated scores and the following six fixtures.

Deadline

Please submit all predictions on the correct thread, not by PM as it’s better that we all see each other’s prediction. They must be submitted before 1.00pm on the Saturday. The site will record the time and this must be strictly adhered to.

I think that’s everything we need to know but if there is anything else you guys think of let me know. Also, tell me which prize option you prefer.

I think option 2 would be better, would keep the interest going if you have a few poor weeks