Rest in Peace Scottish football

On 25/08/2022 at 10:29, Jinky67 said:

Swiss Ramble predicted the share of the tv pot available to Celtic for this season was 4.71 million. The pot is estimated to be smaller due to a rebate following Covid.

With Rangers now in it our share would be 55% so at max it should be a 2.2 million loss which can be recouped with just 1 win 

Swiss Ramble is usually pretty spot on so no reason to doubt it 

The share from the coefficient points is also different out of the 32 teams Celtic have a higher coefficient over 10yrs puts Celtic at 24th with sevco at the bottom.  

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

The share from the coefficient points is also different out of the 32 teams Celtic have a higher coefficient over 10yrs puts Celtic at 24th with sevco at the bottom.  

Yeah it’s about a 6-7 million difference 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Know him personally did you to suggest he was some sort of zealot or know what his current take would be? 

Granny Danger did and previously mentioned it.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

@Monkey Tennis is shite yes, but I think I’ve found techniques to step back and keep myself well. 

Always thought he was ok.

2 minutes ago, DMCs said:

It only needs to be as high as 4 for it to stay the same as it previously was anyway. 

That's true. The point I was making was that CL groups maybe isn't as good for the coefficient than Europa Lge. Anything Hearts get will be a bonus as to the past few years although they could pick up less than they would've had they played and won a few qualifiers (as for example Aberdeen have done in the past). 

I'm between a rock and a hard place as far as the coefficient goes. Yes, having 5 teams qualify gives the Dons more opportunity (although I'd like to think we will be top 4 this season) but it guarantees one of the ugly sisters CL money. 

8 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

That's true. The point I was making was that CL groups maybe isn't as good for the coefficient than Europa Lge. Anything Hearts get will be a bonus as to the past few years although they could pick up less than they would've had they played and won a few qualifiers (as for example Aberdeen have done in the past). 

I'm between a rock and a hard place as far as the coefficient goes. Yes, having 5 teams qualify gives the Dons more opportunity (although I'd like to think we will be top 4 this season) but it guarantees one of the ugly sisters CL money. 

I think it could very well be worse too. We would need 7 more wins to get just over 5 points which is doable but it's not inconceivable to imagine that we wouldn't get it. 

True but look at the last 10 years rather than 30. All of these leagues are now dominated by those clubs receiving vast riches from The Champions League. Bayern have won 10 in a row in Germany. PSG, Man City, Ajax etc are dominating their leagues. The days of 7 winners in 30 years are over everywhere 

In the last 10 years the EPL has had five different winners.
That will likely lessen over the next decade but it’s hard to imagine another European league going 35+ years with only two winners even in these new times. The Old Firm domination will continue ad nauseam till they both leave our league, which will never happen. I’ve never seen another team win the Scottish top flight and I’d be amazed if I ever did.
Their qualification for the UCL group stages doesn’t change that a bit of course. Other than their might now be a 30+ point gap between 2nd and 3rd at the end of the season, instead of the 28 point gap there was last year…?

40 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

The SPFL must have the only group of football supporters on the planet who actively want their league to be shiter. 🥴🤣

The SPFL isn't a single league.

23 hours ago, ekok said:

Thank you so much for making my point  usual personal, negative , blame everyone else diatribe,  with absolutely nothing positive to say or suggest.

I'm proud to support Scotland,  always have been and never once worn tin foil hat , not even sure what the connotation is . No I don't want to either.

Uh huh. But we all know your club, don’t we?

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Thing is, the co-efficient could take an absolute horsing this year. Theres every chance Rangers will finish bottom of that group perhaps not winning a game which will eliminate them completely and although I think Celtic have a chance of progressing, I'd say they've equally as big a chance of finishing 4th. 

Hearts will be favourites against the Latvian mob but 2 wins against them is likely as good as they can do. 

We've scored 9.75, 8.5 and 7.9 the last 3 seasons. It's conceivable that we will be under 5 this season. 

Example of the cyclical effect which traditionally rollercoasters our coefficient.

We have fewer clubs, they enter earlier, they win quite a few games, play in lower competitions, get into knockouts etc.

This increases our coefficient.

We have more clubs, they enter later, they don't win many games, play in higher competitions, don't reach knockouts etc.

This decreases out coefficient.

We have fewer clubs, they enter earlier, etc. etc.

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Example of the cyclical effect which traditionally rollercoasters our coefficient.

We have fewer clubs, they enter earlier, they win quite a few games, play in lower competitions, get into knockouts etc.

This increases our coefficient.

We have more clubs, they enter later, they don't win many games, play in higher competitions, don't reach knockouts etc.

This decreases out coefficient.

We have fewer clubs, they enter earlier, etc. etc.

Yeah I'd guess we aren't alone in that. It'll all be on Bert's page but I'd think the likes of Belgium, Austria. Switzerland, Ukraine, basically those round about us in the coefficient will have had the same issues over the past 10-15 years. 

4 hours ago, HailHailHayley said:

The SPFL must have the only group of football supporters on the planet who actively want their league to be shiter. 🥴🤣

Fairer.

If that requires it to be what you call "shiter", then I'm very comfortable with that idea too.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

@Monkey Tennis is shite yes, but I think I’ve found techniques to step back and keep myself well. 

Hey I'm working on it.  

I'd actually made some faltering progress in not responding to our waistcoated chum, but then these new lunatics showed up.

I need your support at this time; not condemnation.

all you negative nancy's can continue to wallow in self pity.

I for one will hope that Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs can becomes regular europa league/conference league group stage participants that just helps our league as a whole with better players, better sponsorships and better tv deals which then benefits us all.

I'm not asking or wishing for you to become atletico madrid but at the very least you could be bloody Braga or AZ Alkmaar and reach european football consistently.

Why is that a negative thing, it only helps you.