Rest in Peace Scottish football

Only joining in to say, irrespective of the rights and wrongs of OF dominance over the years, other Clubs at least used to make some impression in Europe  eg Aberdeen/ Dundee United, plus the odd wee flourish ( dancing in the  streets of Raith comes to mind).  Last few years have been a total embarrassment , cant think of even one decent result,  ready to be corrected. 

If it wasn't for OF and most recently Rangers, our co-efficent would be on par with Isle of Man. Put up or shut up the rest of you.

Only joining in to say, irrespective of the rights and wrongs of OF dominance over the years, other Clubs at least used to make some impression in Europe  eg Aberdeen/ Dundee United, plus the odd wee flourish ( dancing in the  streets of Raith comes to mind).  Last few years have been a total embarrassment , cant think of even one decent result,  ready to be corrected. 
If it wasn't for OF and most recently Rangers, our co-efficent would be on par with Isle of Man. Put up or shut up the rest of you.

In the last ten years:

Aberdeen beat Groningen, Rijeka, Viking, Hacken, Apollon Limassol and various assorted diddies.

St Johnstone beat Rosenberg and Luzern.

Hibs beat Asteras and Brondby.

Dundee United beat AZ Alkmaar…

Killie, Motherwell, Hearts - not worth mentioning.

We might have made more of an impression had the old firm not tanked the coefficient from 2008 onwards, leaving the rest of us having to start European campaigns in June despite finishing 2nd or 3rd in the league.

4 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

In fact, here’s the champions over the last 30 years for @HailHailHayley:

France: PSG, Lille, Monaco, Montpelier, Marseille, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nantes, Lens, Auxerre (10)

Netherlands: Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Twente, AZ (5)

Spain: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona,  Valencia, Deportivo (5)

Germany: Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Bremen, Kaiserslautern (6)

Scotland: blue arse cheek, green arse cheek (2)

Add to that England have had 7. 

Man U, Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Leicester and Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

In the last ten years:

Aberdeen beat Groningen, Rijeka, Viking, Hacken, Apollon Limassol and various assorted diddies.

We might have made more of an impression had the old firm not tanked the coefficient from 2008 onwards, leaving the rest of us having to start European campaigns in June despite finishing 2nd or 3rd in the league.

That was because they didn't have decent domestic competition though. 

Hopefully the cheeks succumb to hubris and fork out to try to be competitive in Europe, and start budgeting for the "champions"  league,  lose to a diddy then go bust.  I'm sure that's happened somewhere before... 

13 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

In fact, here’s the champions over the last 30 years for @HailHailHayley:

France: PSG, Lille, Monaco, Montpelier, Marseille, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nantes, Lens, Auxerre (10)

Netherlands: Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Twente, AZ (5)

Spain: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona,  Valencia, Deportivo (5)

Germany: Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Bremen, Kaiserslautern (6)

Scotland: blue arse cheek, green arse cheek (2)

True but look at the last 10 years rather than 30. All of these leagues are now dominated by those clubs receiving vast riches from The Champions League. Bayern have won 10 in a row in Germany. PSG, Man City, Ajax etc are dominating their leagues. The days of 7 winners in 30 years are over everywhere 

9 hours ago, ekok said:

Honest to fucking God. I've commented on this before, but why is it always the ones with 'Team: Scotland' who are the tin foil hat-wearing weirdos? 

@Div - remove the option to have 'Scotland' as a team and you'll uncover a whole load of loonies. 

3 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

True but look at the last 10 years rather than 30. All of these leagues are now dominated by those clubs receiving vast riches from The Champions League. Bayern have won 10 in a row in Germany. PSG, Man City, Ajax etc are dominating their leagues. The days of 7 winners in 30 years are over everywhere 

That might be the case CambieBud, but this is a new era. The sickness bestowed on Scotland by the Glasgow arsecheeks has been present for a lot longer. In fact, you could argue that the fact other leagues are only arriving at this point now is a stunning indictment of the Scottish duopoly. 

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

Honest to fucking God. I've commented on this before, but why is it always the ones with 'Team: Scotland' who are the tin foil hat-wearing weirdos? 

@Div - remove the option to have 'Scotland' as a team and you'll uncover a whole load of loonies. 

Thank you so much for making my point  usual personal, negative , blame everyone else diatribe,  with absolutely nothing positive to say or suggest.

I'm proud to support Scotland,  always have been and never once worn tin foil hat , not even sure what the connotation is . No I don't want to either.

11 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

In the last ten years:

I agree with your general sentiment but Apollon knocked us out although we won the home leg.

On 25/08/2022 at 18:20, Jinky67 said:

Yes the poor as in individuals in poverty not self sustainable football clubs with a multi millionaire owner

On 25/08/2022 at 15:49, lubo_blaha said:

Celtic Football club - a club created by Brother Walfrid to feed the poor. A true left-wing social institution.

(This does not include distributing their riches with less well-off Scottish sides, they can fend for themselves)

The old religious fanatic who founded you would spin in his modest grave, upon seeing the capitalist behemoth that your vile club has become. 

Celtic are a Tory led cesspit.

why does everything in scotland always have to be such a negative outlook.

Hearts have European group stage football right now, whoever wins the Scottish cup or comes 3rd in the league assuming us or sevco win the cup will be guaranteed group stage football next season too.

So assuming its Hearts and they get 2 seasons of group stage football in a row, that allows them to attract better players, it allows them to keep better players too for a longer period of time, 

Why cant we hope that Celtic, Sevco and Hearts get results in the group stages and get through beyond christmas, maybe with three clubs being european regulars we get better sponsorship deals which leads to better tv deal which leads to more money for all our clubs which leads to better players coming to the league which leads to us becoming more a more competative league.

Dundee United got really bloody unlucky being stuck with AZ but Motherwell was embarrassing so can Hibs and Aberdeen please sort themselves out and become top 6 sides this season because if you two can get to group stage football on a regular basis then it would only benefit and grow our game.

I would love an "atletico madrid" for scotland because it means if Celtic have  a crap season then someone else could stop the zombies from winning the league and until I read the post above me  wouldn't have minded it being hearts but screw them so cmon Hibs/Aberdeen get your act together because there is absolutely no reason you two and the wattery farts cant be group stage regulars, we have a great opportunity right now to grow Scottish football and maybe secure 8th in the coefficient table and hopefully one day even challenge netherlands/portugal for that 6/7th spot, its unlikely but as long as we keep 8th there's no end to having 3 teams guarateed group stage football and that can only be good for our future.

7 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

The old religious fanatic who founded you would spin in his modest grave, upon seeing the capitalist behemoth that your vile club has become. 

Celtic are a Tory led cesspit.

Know him personally did you to suggest he was some sort of zealot or know what his current take would be? 

2 hours ago, Lionsof67 said:

why does everything in scotland always have to be such a negative outlook.

Hearts have European group stage football right now, whoever wins the Scottish cup or comes 3rd in the league assuming us or sevco win the cup will be guaranteed group stage football next season too.

So assuming its Hearts and they get 2 seasons of group stage football in a row, that allows them to attract better players, it allows them to keep better players too for a longer period of time, 

Why cant we hope that Celtic, Sevco and Hearts get results in the group stages and get through beyond christmas, maybe with three clubs being european regulars we get better sponsorship deals which leads to better tv deal which leads to more money for all our clubs which leads to better players coming to the league which leads to us becoming more a more competative league.

Dundee United got really bloody unlucky being stuck with AZ but Motherwell was embarrassing so can Hibs and Aberdeen please sort themselves out and become top 6 sides this season because if you two can get to group stage football on a regular basis then it would only benefit and grow our game.

I would love an "atletico madrid" for scotland because it means if Celtic have  a crap season then someone else could stop the zombies from winning the league and until I read the post above me  wouldn't have minded it being hearts but screw them so cmon Hibs/Aberdeen get your act together because there is absolutely no reason you two and the wattery farts cant be group stage regulars, we have a great opportunity right now to grow Scottish football and maybe secure 8th in the coefficient table and hopefully one day even challenge netherlands/portugal for that 6/7th spot, its unlikely but as long as we keep 8th there's no end to having 3 teams guarateed group stage football and that can only be good for our future.

Self serving horseshit.

Do piss off with it please.

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Know him personally did you to suggest he was some sort of zealot or know what his current take would be? 

I went to the school whose grounds they buried him in.

They used to prattle on about him all the time and what he and his order ostensibly stood for.  I feel pretty sure he'd disapprove of the monument to capitalist excess that the club he founded has become.

On 26/08/2022 at 00:16, ekok said:

What if some of us actively want us to have a poor coefficient, because the major manifestation of having a decent one is to be where we are now:  the two already wealthiest clubs by a ludicrous margin, are about to become yet richer to a degree that is absolutely massive in the context of our wrecked game?

I fear that you may in fact be an utter imbecile.

Thing is, the co-efficient could take an absolute horsing this year. Theres every chance Rangers will finish bottom of that group perhaps not winning a game which will eliminate them completely and although I think Celtic have a chance of progressing, I'd say they've equally as big a chance of finishing 4th. 

Hearts will be favourites against the Latvian mob but 2 wins against them is likely as good as they can do. 

We've scored 9.75, 8.5 and 7.9 the last 3 seasons. It's conceivable that we will be under 5 this season.