Rest in Peace Scottish football

39 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The problem is that we've got too many wee clubs. They need amalgamated to challenge the OF.  One team for Lanarkshire,  Ayrshire,  Forth Valley etc,  One team in Dundee,  possibly incorporating Perth and Arbroath.  One for Edinburgh.  We could incorporate Cove and use the ground for additional parking.  

Think outside the box people. 

Sounds like something Dr Mrs Budge once came up with.

Apart from the Edinburgh one, it was a fat Tory b*****d who came up with that.

7 hours ago, ahemps said:

English championship clubs sign the best players from league 2. Motherwell signed a guy not getting a game for Salford this year. There is a difference but I take your point.

It is very subjective but I disagree that Hearts would compete in the Championship. Players find their level and follow the money, if Hearts had numerous players at Championship level then these players would be asking to move their as they could double or treble their wages there.

Is Kinglsey one of your best players? A guy Hull deemed not good enough? Michael Smith, Barrie McKay, are these some of your better players who joined Hearts after being released by league 1 clubs?

This is not a dig at these players or your club just a genuine debate.

Are you aware of the concept that players can improve in the right environment?

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Celtic Football club - a club created by Brother Walfrid to feed the poor. A true left-wing social institution.

(This does not include distributing their riches with less well-off Scottish sides, they can fend for themselves)

Yes the poor as in individuals in poverty not self sustainable football clubs with a multi millionaire owner

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, HailHailHayley said:

Every league in the world has clubs who are the biggest in that league. PSG dominate France, Madrid & Barca dominate Spain, Bayern dominate Germany, Ajax dominate Holland...

Do the diddy clubs in those countries complain & moan or try to get better so that they can compete?

Scotland's not a unique case. It's football.

What the fcuk is it with the ugly sisters fans on here today? Another one who seemingly hasn’t heard of Atletico Madrid. Wake up cuntos! Have Real and Barca dominated? Yes, but Atletico have won shit, and got to Champions League finals. There have been all-Spanish European finals. One of their teams just about owned the Europa League. Dutch teams that aren’t Ajax have won European trophies. A German team that wasn’t Bayern Munich played in a European Cup final in Glasgow. Dortmund aren’t diddies, other Bundesliga teams play to big crowds in big stadiums. No-one is suggesting there are European leagues where the title is shared regularly between four, five or more clubs. We get that there will be dominant sides in every league (never mind every sport). There’s always big fish…. Problem is that our country is SO dominated by the same two clubs for nearly forty years now. Even when one of you died, the other one won every fcuking year before the dead one came back like Bobby Ewing in the shower.

Can someone, please, (cos’ I’m a lazy sod) please just list the European top flights where only two teams have won the league in the same thirty six year span as the uglies.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What the fcuk is it with the ugly sisters fans on here today? Another one who seemingly hasn’t heard of Atletico Madrid. Wake up cuntos.

Not to mention PSV and Feyenoord who have won the Dutch league within the last decade (three times and once respectively).

Edited by The Other Foot

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Yep, it'll most definitely be more expensive if last season's Europa League latter round prices are anything to go by. I'm expecting it'll be between £150-£165.

Was that estimate before or after you saw the draw?

If the former, do you still think £150-£165 with Liverpool in the group?

That's not a loaded question, I don't know and I would be interested to know a fan's expectations compared to what they actually charge.

Last season Aberdeen played the illustrious BK Hacken and we were paying about £34 a ticket if I remember correctly!

Just now, The Other Foot said:

Not to mention PSV and Feyenoord who have won the Dutch league within the last decade. 

PSV have been one of the dominant teams in dutch football over the past 20 years alongside Ajax. Feyernoord are the only other team to win and that was just the once so not a great example

In fact, here’s the champions over the last 30 years for @HailHailHayley:

France: PSG, Lille, Monaco, Montpelier, Marseille, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nantes, Lens, Auxerre (10)

Netherlands: Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Twente, AZ (5)

Spain: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona,  Valencia, Deportivo (5)

Germany: Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Bremen, Kaiserslautern (6)

Scotland: blue arse cheek, green arse cheek (2)

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

PSV have been one of the dominant teams in dutch football over the past 20 years alongside Ajax. Feyernoord are the only other team to win and that was just the once so not a great example

Az and Twente have won the league in the last 15 years.

So 5 winners in the last 15 years.

Got to go to 1965 for that to be true here.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Az and Twente have won the league in the last 15 years.

So 5 winners in the last 15 years.

Got to go to 1965 for that to be true here.

I stand corrected, apologies to the previous poster👏

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

In fact, here’s the champions over the last 30 years for @HailHailHayley:

France: PSG, Lille, Monaco, Montpelier, Marseille, Bordeaux, Lyon, Nantes, Lens, Auxerre (10)

Netherlands: Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Twente, AZ (5)

Spain: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona,  Valencia, Deportivo (5)

Germany: Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Bremen, Kaiserslautern (6)

Scotland: blue arse cheek, green arse cheek (2)

Bayern have won 9 on the bounce in Germany, while PSG have won 8 of the last 10 in France, and you have to go back 19 seasons for a winner in Spain who wasn't Barca, Real or Atletico. The trend unfortunately tends to be towards the Old Firm scenario and Champions League money is a big part of it.

12 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Was that estimate before or after you saw the draw?

If the former, do you still think £150-£165 with Liverpool in the group?

That's not a loaded question, I don't know and I would be interested to know a fan's expectations compared to what they actually charge.

Last season Aberdeen played the illustrious BK Hacken and we were paying about £34 a ticket if I remember correctly!

It was before the draw 😅 I’d be very surprised and disappointed if it was any higher but who knows! 

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Bayern have won 9 on the bounce in Germany, while PSG have won 8 of the last 10 in France, and you have to go back 19 seasons for a winner in Spain who wasn't Barca, Real or Atletico. The trend unfortunately tends to be towards the Old Firm scenario and Champions League money is a big part of it.

None of these leagues contain anything LIKE the duopoly of Scottish football, and other teams in those leagues have a far higher chance of winning their respective leagues than any of the non-OF teams in Scotland. Sorry, I appreciate that some people are trying their hardest to give a balanced picture here, but there isn’t one. Marseille, Lyon, Atletico, Dortmund and PSV are much more likely to win their leagues than Hearts, Aberdeen or Hi… I’m not even going to say it.