Rest in Peace Scottish football

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Also this talk of 'hard work' and 'working hard' is very, very Tory.

Fans of two clubs that have the financial monopoly acting like Tories, shock. The bigot twins are just the Tories of Scottish football. 

55 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The Vampiric nature of some Scottish football fans. 

Quite happy to tell you how much they despise you however also more than happy to pimp you out for their own end if they can profit from it. 

Should rename it the Universal Credit League

Church of England......The Tory party at prayer..

Glasgow Celtic......The Tory party at play..

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ah so the distribution is in the rules = hard earned? 

So if we just did that in the spfl and amended the distribution rules then anyone earning that money deserves it.

The distribution in the Champions League isn't equal either, co-efficient payments aren't equal even among teams of the same country nor are the % of the market pool that each country gets for example Celtic and Rangers split just 10% of the TV revenue available to British clubs so it isn't unfair to suggest that only improves if we improve our performances in that competition

Edited by Jinky67

21 minutes ago, Lionsof67 said:

you're not proving me wrong.

I don't need to.

Of course I'm not saying that individuals should be given Champions' League medals for nothing.   If you can only argue with me by suggesting I am, I think that's pretty revealing.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You genuinely think the Hearts players applied themselves more than the other players?

By your logic then if Hearts applied themselves even more they could have won the league?

Leicester did it and Hearts were the only team to have ever broken the old duopoly when they finished 2nd above paul le guen's oldco. 

if you dont believe you can then you never will.

1 minute ago, Lionsof67 said:

Leicester did it and Hearts were the only team to have ever broken the old duopoly when they finished 2nd above paul le guen's oldco. 

if you dont believe you can then you never will.

That's plenty.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't need to.

Of course I'm not saying that individuals should be given Champions' League medals for nothing.   If you can only argue with me by suggesting I am, I think that's pretty revealing.

don't need to? or really because you can't.

you know i've proven you wrong and now your deflecting.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

That's plenty.

boavista did it, alkmaar and twente have done it,

lille did it and i'd say the gulf between PSG and the rest of the french teams is bigger than any other in world football.

but by all means continue your self pity.

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Speaking of handouts, can any Celtic fan put together a coherent justification as to why uefa owe Celtic £30m for winning the Scottish premiership? 

They don't owe us anything, it's reward for qualifying for their tournament via the rules they set out.

Now let's not for a minute think we are going to get even remotely close to winning this so should i then be asking Real Madrid/Man City/Liverpool/Bayern for a share of their spoils to bridge the gap because in this competition it's us that's the diddy?

Believe it, try harder, reduce season ticket prices, give Celtic more tickets.

Anything I’ve missed lads? 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The distribution in the Champions League isn't equal either, co-efficient payments aren't equal even among teams of the same country nor are the % of the market pool that each country gets for example Celtic and Rangers split just 10% of the TV revenue available to British clubs so it isn't unfair to suggest that only improves if we improve our performances in that competition

I never said it was equal. I’m just wondering why this £30m is celtics god given right because they won the Scottish league. 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They don't owe us anything, it's reward for qualifying for their tournament via the rules they set out.

Now let's not for a minute think we are going to get even remotely close to winning this so should i then be asking Real Madrid/Man City/Liverpool/Bayern for a share of their spoils to bridge the gap because in this competition it's us that's the diddy?

Right so again we’ve established that if the rules are set out in that way then it’s fair and all hard earned. So there wouldn’t be any handouts given if we did this here. 

6 minutes ago, Lionsof67 said:

boavista did it, alkmaar and twente have done it,

lille did it and i'd say the gulf between PSG and the rest of the french teams is bigger than any other in world football.

but by all means continue your self pity.

The gulf between PSG and a group of clubs which includes Lille is comparable to that between each of the OF and the biggest others.  

A parallel would have been in Aberdeen pipping Deila's Celtic, when Rangers were out of the picture.  These conditions didn't last long.  

Leicester were much closer to England's wealthiest clubs than any outside Glasgow are, to Scotland's.

On 25/08/2022 at 16:32, coprolite said:

The problem is that we've got too many wee clubs. They need amalgamated to challenge the OF.  One team for Lanarkshire,  Ayrshire,  Forth Valley etc,  One team in Dundee,  possibly incorporating Perth and Arbroath.  One for Edinburgh.  We could incorporate Cove and use the ground for additional parking.  

Think outside the box people. 

If we also incorporate Banks o' Dee, we could use Spain Park as a training ground.

1 hour ago, Lionsof67 said:

aye mate cause feeding the poor is the same as you wanting your club gifted access to the league title.

Catholics, especially irish immigrants in the late 1800s didnt have much choice, they werent offered jobs, their children werent allowed to be educated, the club was literally foudned to help them, try reading some history books before you post more nonsense.

There was never, in 19th C Scotland, embargoes on Catholics being  educated.  Most schools were either charitable or denominational and there were Catholic schools from 1817.   There was a provision that only Presbyterian denominations could receive money from the public purse but this was lifted in 1872 - to the benefit of the Catholic church as well as other non-Presbyterian denominations such as Methodists, Baptists and Anglicans.

"try reading some history books before you post more nonsense."