Rest in Peace Scottish football

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You get a grudging pass on the first one, not the second.

You should have grown out of them by now though.

when the club is the only reason my great great grandfather didnt starve to death as a child i will happily never grow out of them

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah mate i'm absolutely mortified at the fact that in less than 2 weeks time i'll be taking my seat to watch my team play the biggest and most successful team in European football in the best competition in world club football.

But yeah keep bitching on P&B about how unfair it is, i'm sure that will be the way you influence change 😐 

I'm not expecting to influence change.

I'm just objecting to how things are.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Long live the concept of the handout, eh?

aye mate cause feeding the poor is the same as you wanting your club gifted access to the league title.

Catholics, especially irish immigrants in the late 1800s didnt have much choice, they werent offered jobs, their children werent allowed to be educated, the club was literally foudned to help them, try reading some history books before you post more nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How come you like their economic vision then?

Not all of them of course, just the ones on the far right.

I don't, there is a balance to be found. 

Look at hearts they worked hard and are now benefiting from european group stage football and no doubt they will again next season and if they do it well they'll be the third force in scotland for years to come with group stage football for consecutive years which will get them better players.

there's being unfortunate beyond your circumstances and taking advantage of people like the energy companies are doing right now and then there's you who want everything gift wrapped and handed to you for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Lionsof67 said:

aye mate cause feeding the poor is the same as you wanting your club gifted access to the league title.

Catholics, especially irish immigrants in the late 1800s didnt have much choice, they werent offered jobs, their children werent allowed to be educated, the club was literally foudned to help them, try reading some history books before you post more nonsense.

I know my history very well, thank you.  My background is closer to yours than you seem capable of imagining. I'm also a qualified history teacher, although I've not taught any for a long time.

The disconnect between how you view matters of justice and wealth distribution in wider society and in football is intriguing.  You separate them because it serves your selfish interests to do so.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Speaking of handouts, can any Celtic fan put together a coherent justification as to why uefa owe Celtic £30m for winning the Scottish premiership? 

It's earned don't you see.

That money was available to Stenhousemuir too.  They've just not been trying hard enough, the shower of shirkers.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I know my history very well, thank you.  My background is closer to yours than you seem capable of imagining. I'm also a qualified history teacher, although I've not taught any for a long time.

The disconnect between how you view matters of justice and wealth distribution in wider society and in football is intriguing.  You separate them because it serves your selfish interests to do so.

ok so basically what you're telling me is that Liverpool should have signed Robertson for no reason, they just see him as a 15 year old kicking a ball about the street and say sign him up. instead of Robertson working hard at Queen's park to earn moves to dundee united and Hull and prove himself?

No because he worked hard he's got a champions league winners medal but that shouldnt have mattered, it should simply have been given to him because it's not fair for him not to have it?

because thats what you sound like.

Just now, Lionsof67 said:

ok so basically what you're telling me is that Liverpool should have signed Robertson for no reason, they just see him as a 15 year old kicking a ball about the street and say sign him up. instead of Robertson working hard at Queen's park to earn moves to dundee united and Hull and prove himself?

No because he worked hard he's got a champions league winners medal but that shouldnt have mattered, it should simply have been given to him because it's not fair for him not to have it?

because thats what you sound like.

Seriously?

That's what you think I'm saying?   Get a grip of yourself.  People can see this.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Speaking of handouts, can any Celtic fan put together a coherent justification as to why uefa owe Celtic £30m for winning the Scottish premiership? 

cause thats what every team who qualifies for the group stage get?

because celtic and the zombies worked hard and got our coefficient up to that level where we get rewarded with that benefit.

teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th in some leagues also get it and they haven't even won anything.

1 minute ago, Lionsof67 said:

cause thats what every team who qualifies for the group stage get?.

Ah so the distribution is in the rules = hard earned? 

So if we just did that in the spfl and amended the distribution rules then anyone earning that money deserves it.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Ah so the distribution is in the rules = hard earned? 

So if we just did that in the spfl and amended the distribution rules then anyone earning that money deserves it.

pretty much yes and like i said above if you're not happy with how tv money is distributed then dont support it, if you have sky sports or just their tv package in general then cancel it. let your club know not to accept the new extended contract. fight for a better deal.

Just now, Lionsof67 said:

pretty much yes and like i said above if you're not happy with how tv money is distributed then dont support it, if you have sky sports or just their tv package in general then cancel it. let your club know not to accept the new extended contract. fight for a better deal.

How we distribute it is nothing to do with sky sports. 

And I don’t pay for sky sports. 

4 minutes ago, Lionsof67 said:

yes they won more games its really that simple.

You genuinely think the Hearts players applied themselves more than the other players?

By your logic then if Hearts applied themselves even more they could have won the league?