Rest in Peace Scottish football

It's so lazy to group us together as the OF, Celtic are in a different stratosphere to sevco right now. Ange has us playing amazing football, a standard that the league has not seen in a long time. If you're a football fan, try actually appreciating it.

United were total pish, but some of the goals today were world class.

Edited by HailHailHayley

27 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Another nice competitive week in the SPFL with the bigot twins with the obligatory walk over wins.

Sadly and depressingly predictable. Might not be 9-0 capitulations every week, but 4 and 5 goal scuddings at the hands of those two are going to be regular occurrences this season. 

5 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

It's so lazy to group us together as the OF, Celtic are in a different stratosphere to sevco right now. Ange has us playing amazing football, a standard that the league has not seen in a long time. If you're a football fan, try actually appreciating it.

I think the OF will probably win the league this season tbh. 

5 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

Can’t disagree with this. The Celtic team who hammered us 2 weeks ago was the best I’ve seen in many years.

10 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

It's not lazy. 'The Old Firm' is the collective nickname for Rangers & Celtic coined over a century ago as a satirical comment on the way they both operate in tandem to carve up Scottish football in their own interests. As true today as it was back then which is why the name sticks. The term has nothing to do with the relative footballing merits of the two teams. 

I wonder if there are OF fans out there that actually see it… 
I can understand how it must be fun having your football team win almost every single weekend, especially if they've got a good side like this one and the Rodgers one.

It's miserable for the rest of us and when this is what Sky and the BBC choose to promote, it paints a really dreadful picture of Scottish football. I don't think they care about why results like this happen and that maybe their own club isn't actually the most perfect thing in the world, which is understandable because that's what fans are like however their 'Stop Being Poor' shtick is, of course, ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I can understand how it must be fun having your football team win almost every single weekend, especially if they've got a good side like this one and the Rodgers one.

It's miserable for the rest of us and when this is what Sky and the BBC choose to promote, it paints a really dreadful picture of Scottish football. I don't think they care about why results like this happen and that maybe their own club isn't actually the most perfect thing in the world, which is understandable because that's what fans are like however their 'Stop Being Poor' shtick is, of course, ridiculous.

Nah I struggle with this. 

Winning 5-0 yesterday was great for us but if I’d gone into the game expecting it and expecting that every week? Nah. That’s shite. 

We walked our premier sports group and whilst it was satisfying after how miserable we were last season, it was hardly thrilling. I’m not going to derive that much pleasure from pumping Stirling Albion. 

1 hour ago, HailHailHayley said:

Well they will be as long as you are bankrolled by religious bigots from Stromness to Stranraer.  

Winning 5-0 yesterday was great for us but if I’d gone into the game expecting it and expecting that every week? Nah. That’s shite. 
We walked our premier sports group and whilst it was satisfying after how miserable we were last season, it was hardly thrilling. I’m not going to derive that much pleasure from pumping Stirling Albion. 

Suppose that's where we differ as the Betfred is the highlight of my season...

I'd imagine for OF fans their Saturdays will be chilled out watching some good football. It's obviously hard for me and most on this forum to say as we're predominantly fans of diddies and Scotland, but I can see how it'd be pleasurable - just in a different way.

I've enjoyed watching Accies' youth teams in recent years which isn't thrilling but it's good fun seeing some of the best young players in the country play football in a low stakes environment. It's completely different from what happens on a Saturday but it's still enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

We don't go into games expect to beat teams 9-0.....ever. Despite the banter on the match thread it was never something any of us really thought was a realistic scoreline

But the crux of it is if it wasn't enjoyable watching Celtic or the product was shit then we wouldn't sell out our season ticket allocations or have a significant waiting list for a season ticket, no one is paying £600+ a year for something they don't enjoy.

But if you are telling me the games are more enjoyable and provide better entertainment in games that don't feature Celtic or Rangers then i guess the obvious question to ask is why are the stadiums not full?

Edited by Jinky67

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We don't go into games expect to beat teams 9-0.....ever. Despite the banter on the match thread it was never something any of us really thought was a realistic scoreline

But the crux of it is if it wasn't enjoyable watching Celtic or the product was shit then we wouldn't sell out our season ticket allocations or have a significant waiting list for a season ticket, no one is paying £600+ a year for something they don't enjoy.

But if you are telling me the games are more enjoyable and provide better entertainment in games that don't feature Celtic or Rangers then i guess the obvious question to ask is why are the stadiums not full?

In the world of the blind the one eyed man is king. It seems OF fans can't even find one such man!

You might find it hard to fill your stadium in a corrupt league that you have no chance of winning. Where officials are too scared to give correct decisions to any other team. A league where you will struggle to follow your team on TV or radio in any games they aren't playing an arse cheek. In those games you can follow your team losing heavily. These are real stadium fillers.

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Mainly because of socially inadequate glory hunters who choose the nailed-on cast iron guarantee of regular success and trophies rather than supporting their local team. 

1 minute ago, A96 said:

Mainly because of socially inadequate glory hunters who choose the nailed-on cast iron guarantee of regular success and trophies rather than supporting their local team. 

So what you are saying is its more enjoyable to watch your team win things.

44 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Fucksake jinky, just accept that some people find your clubs domestic success utterly hollow and meaningless, and that will never change. 

You get to enjoy your big wins and champions league and have the media say how great your team are, so just enjoy it pal. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Fucksake jinky, just accept that some people find your clubs domestic success utterly hollow and meaningless, and that will never change. 

You get to enjoy your big wins and champions league and have the media say how great your team are, so just enjoy it pal. 

Then just accept that many people find our clubs domestic success very meaningful and that too will never change.