Rest in Peace Scottish football

Just now, ahemps said:

Well they would get left behind, they are not the biggest historical draw anyway. A 16 team league made up of Real, Barca, Juventus, AC, Inter, Bayern, Man Utd and Liverpool etc. who may decide to put in a spending structure would not be dictated to by Man City and PSG saying we want unlimited spending.

They have the most money though.  The Super League would want all the best players and they would be worried of some sort of LIV breakaway from the Saudi backed teams and all it would take is for one of they other teams to be taken over by Saudis and they would shit themselves so I couldn't see any sort of spending cap.  

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think the European Super League would be the best outcome for all. Like a 2 tier set up, with possibly relegation back down to home divisions, giving everyone a chance at it.

But how would clubs qualify for the European Super League? Are Celtic and Rangers big enough?

There is the problem for Scottish football. Neither are big enough to be considered for any super league. All of European football is at a crossroads at the top league level. In the second and third tiers there is competitive and relatively even finances. The problem lies at the top of the game. Players earning eye watering amounts, many of whom are average at best. Little or no connection with fans and increasingly global brands, rather than locally supported clubs

As has been said already, a league being dominated by 2-3 is not unique to scotland. England is obviously fairly competitive but, even then, its only ever going to be one of 4 (maybe 5 teams) that win it. The way its looking, Man city may be the one to start dominating. Leicester winning was also a complete freak. 

I do feel Scottish football fans undersell our game and constantly put it down. Scottish football is fucking class. Its a decent quality but also has retained that "proper fitbaw" feel. The old firm are part of that. Yes some of the elements that come along with them are horrible but i wouldnt want to see them leave purely because they are part of what makes all of scottish football superb. 

So you don’t believe that football would be in a better place without the sectarian bile that flows out of Ibrox and Parkhead, polluting the rest of the country? I won’t take my grandkids to any game involving them for the above reason. I’m sure I’m not alone

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I’ve made no secret that the 1 thing is love to see is us win in Europe again however failing that then yeah i’d love to see if we could hang in that company and what we could do with Premier League cash and the resulting investment. There has been a lot of big talk about what we could do so id love to see us back that up.

However if that never happens then i have no issue with a 3rd of 4th wheel however that has to come in a way that doesn’t impede the ability of Celtic/Rangers to perform at their current levels. The solution is to find a a way to bring clubs closer to Celtic and Rangers level and not vice versa.

It isn’t happening. Ever. The English Premier League doesn’t need Celtic or The Rangers. Clubs in England’s big 7 (Inc NUFC) don’t need the competition from what would undeniably be two new big clubs. Certainly, the likes of Aston Villa, Leicester and Leeds don’t need you. Those like Bournemouth, Fulham, and other relegation battlers don’t need you. In the Championship, those harbouring promotion hopes to the EPL, like Norwich or Sheffield Utd don’t want you. That would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Fcuk it, it should have been a one-line post - The English don’t want or need you.

58 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Aye, I know but Sevco's will be more expensive..they see their supporters as a cash cow that keeps on giving

Yep, it'll most definitely be more expensive if last season's Europa League latter round prices are anything to go by. I'm expecting it'll be between £150-£165.

10 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

So you don’t believe that football would be in a better place without the sectarian bile that flows out of Ibrox and Parkhead, polluting the rest of the country? I won’t take my grandkids to any game involving them for the above reason. I’m sure I’m not alone

I would like to see that removed from football yes. Doesnt mean i want the old firm removed. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

They have the most money though.  The Super League would want all the best players and they would be worried of some sort of LIV breakaway from the Saudi backed teams and all it would take is for one of they other teams to be taken over by Saudis and they would shit themselves so I couldn't see any sort of spending cap.  

If Rangers were in it they'd demand it changed its name to LV.

I’ve made no secret that the 1 thing is love to see is us win in Europe again however failing that then yeah i’d love to see if we could hang in that company and what we could do with Premier League cash and the resulting investment. There has been a lot of big talk about what we could do so id love to see us back that up.
However if that never happens then i have no issue with a 3rd of 4th wheel however that has to come in a way that doesn’t impede the ability of Celtic/Rangers to perform at their current levels. The solution is to find a a way to bring clubs closer to Celtic and Rangers level and not vice versa.

Celtic Football club - a club created by Brother Walfrid to feed the poor. A true left-wing social institution.

(This does not include distributing their riches with less well-off Scottish sides, they can fend for themselves)

58 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I would like to see that removed from football yes. Doesnt mean i want the old firm removed. 

The two go hand in hand......you can't remove secterianism from Scottish football while keeping the Old Firm.

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

Every league in the world has clubs who are the biggest in that league. PSG dominate France, Madrid & Barca dominate Spain, Bayern dominate Germany, Ajax dominate Holland...

Do the diddy clubs in those countries complain & moan or try to get better so that they can compete?

Scotland's not a unique case. It's football.

5 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

Every league in the world has clubs who are the biggest in that league. PSG dominate France, Madrid & Barca dominate Spain, Bayern dominate Germany, Ajax dominate Holland...

Do the diddy clubs in those countries complain & moan or try to get better so that they can compete?

Scotland's not a unique case. It's football.

Do PSG complain about the rest of the league holding them back despite the gulf in finances? 

2 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

Probably the same as us, accept the reality of modern football that they are unlikely ever to realistically compete with the richest clubs.

There is a wealth gap between the top teams in all the top leagues in Europe, the one in Scotland just got significantly larger though and people are worried about the implications.

17 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Do PSG complain about the rest of the league holding them back despite the gulf in finances? 

Yes, regularly. They’re French, they love nothing more than complaining.

The problem is that we've got too many wee clubs. They need amalgamated to challenge the OF.  One team for Lanarkshire,  Ayrshire,  Forth Valley etc,  One team in Dundee,  possibly incorporating Perth and Arbroath.  One for Edinburgh.  We could incorporate Cove and use the ground for additional parking.  

Think outside the box people. 

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The problem is that we've got too many wee clubs. They need amalgamated to challenge the OF.  One team for Lanarkshire,  Ayrshire,  Forth Valley etc,  One team in Dundee,  possibly incorporating Perth and Arbroath.  One for Edinburgh.  We could incorporate Cove and use the ground for additional parking.  

Think outside the box people. 

I like your thinking. Amalgamation of Celtic & Rangers too while you’re at it. They both have each other’s interests extremely high on their list of priorities, so should be the easiest one to achieve? 

11 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I like your thinking. Amalgamation of Celtic & Rangers too while you’re at it. They both have each other’s interests extremely high on their list of priorities, so should be the easiest one to achieve? 

Lets amalgamate all the clubs to create a Scotland FC that plays in England. But only on the condition that if we beat a team, we amalgamate with them.