Alloa v Peterhead 27/8

Important win there. I was loathe to say must win so early in the season but given our rather slow start and Peterhead's problems we really needed the 3 points. We got them and in good style too. I'm not entirely sure about Rodden as a regular starter at this stage but if he keeps contributing and scoring then he deserves to stay in. Also great to see key men in positions where they can best influence the game. Would like to think we'll continue with that and aim for a bit more consistency with shape and team selection. 

We weren't a terrible team last week and not a brilliant team on the back of beating a side with plenty of issues right now, but hopefully it will be a confidence booster and something to build on. With Scougall and a couple of others to come back and hopefully a signing or two imminent there is plenty hope for the months ahead. 

Edited by Waspie

A good performance yesterday against a very poor Peterhead team.

As has been mentioned before good to see Taggart back on the right, O'Donnell back in the team and Church having a really good performance at left back with some really good crosses. He was getting a lot of encouragement as well, so hopefully boost his confidence.

Like Rodden and he is obviously raw but three goals in five league games, with most of them as sub, is impressive.

I also think Graham is a much better partner for Stanger than Durnan and although struggling a bit his reading of the game is still brilliant.

Edited by Magic Hat

My first game back after missing the last couple and it was good to see a very comfortable win for the Wasps. The game was pretty much summed up by the first goal: Peterhead passed the ball about to no great effect from the kick-off, gave the ball away with a slack pass, and one pass later we were in behind their defence for Sammon to score. That was the pattern for the rest of the game, we got the ball forward quickly and Peterhead defended appallingly. At the other end I can only recall a couple of times that Peterhead managed to stretch our defence.

It was good to see Cammy O'Donnell in the team and causing problems with his direct running and fast footwork. Fingers crossed he can manage to keep up that level of performance against better defenders, as it gives us a different dimension to our play. Also a big shout to Andy Graham who came in to the lineup late and was outstanding in defence. He obviously struggles for pace a bit nowadays bit his reading of the game and talking/organisation of the team is first class.