St Mirren v Hibs 27/08/22

7 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

As has been said by many others, we are about 2 players away from being a good team.

Boyle, Cabraja, Marshall and Youan were signed in the summer and it could be argued that they are our 4 best players, players who were utterly shite last year (Bushiri, Campbell) are looking like they may have something, supplemented with the few brighter lights from last season (Cadden, Porteous).

I’m really looking forward to this one, we actually have a good record in the good town of Paisley, St Mirren haven’t beat us there in a top flight match since 2014 with us winning 6 of our last 7 games there so I would say I’m fairly confident that will continue.

This will actually be my first away trip in the league since March (Tynecastle doesn’t count as an away trip), I didn’t bother going to away games in the bottom six and we’ve not really had any decent trips with decent kick off times recently at all, do enjoy a trip to Paisley and The Bankhouse so this one should be a good day out regardless of result.

I’ve spent ages trying to pick a team and I can only manage 10 players without picking someone that’s shite and I don’t want to move Henderson to playing out wide but we really don’t have anyone to play left wing unless we play Youan there but that then means we need to play Doidge which I don’t want to do.

St Mirren        1-2          Hibernian

Shaughnessy for St Mirren because he always fucking scores against us, Elie Youan and Martin Boyle to score for Hibs.

As if by magic - Joe Shaughnessy set for shock St Mirren exit as clubs make move for benched Buddies skipper - Daily Record

4 hours ago, Sauzee04 said:

St Mirren only played one half decent team this year in Aberdeen and got pumped think it will be similar. 3-0 Hibs

Given the huge difference in wage structure Hibs should win but we know that's not quite how it works on the day. Look at your result last weekend against the dark side great result 👍.  We should have 3 or 4 against Motherwell not a game we should have lost on possession and chances. Next up Aberdeen we were going toe to toe until the 20 minute mark we had a red card game plan out the window. Then Ross County our first win. The Dundee United another win. So I am feeling optimistic going into this game. This Robinson team are creating a lot of chances we have pace up front. But hey hoo this is St Mirren we could have the carpet pulled from under our feet . Hopefully a cracking game . 

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

You were all wanting Robinson gone after the Motherwell game. Now you're playing great stuff and Curtis Main's the answer because he's scored a couple.

Fickle bunch the pandas. 

Correct. The thickos in the support have gone very quiet over the last few weeks. Same sort of folk who are singing Ethan Erhahon's praises now after giving him a power of abuse over the last 18 months for being lazy and workshy.

If you think there's a difference on here, you ought to see Facebook and Twitter where the real moon howlers lurk!

41 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

You were all wanting Robinson gone after the Motherwell game. Now you're playing great stuff and Curtis Main's the answer because he's scored a couple.

Fickle bunch the pandas. 

Actually think the reaction after the Motherwell game was pretty positive, even in defeat.

Anyone with eyes could see that we played really well and it was just "one of those days" that does happen in football.

We played better against Motherwell than we did against Ross County IMHO.

Football fans are very fickle though, that is very true. Had we lost at home to Ross County the knives would have been out, I've no doubt about it.

The two results, and the emphatic nature of the performance at Tannadice, have us all in a positive place again though and long may that continue!

I feel this is a game Hibs have to win.  It has been a strange offseason but with the Boyle signing and some of the others who have come (Cabraja, Youan, Kenneh) I can  see we have the bones of a team. We have done ok in first few games but if we have aspirations of being 3rd or 4th then we need to be getting points in next 7-8 weeks against those teams round about us. 

no idea if we will win. Johnson seems to be starting to get them to play but who knows. Could be 3-0 either way 

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Went for the £5 double on Baccus and Porteous to get booked. Seems a decent shout.

Tait will get booked if Boyles out on the right hand side (and Tait's on the left).

Or will Boyle play through the middle? Didn't see the game last week.

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Fickle bunch the pandas. 

I've been willing to give him time, I try not to get too high when we win and too low when we lose (which has happened alot tbh). The league cup 'campaign' was a disaster so the fans were rightfully pissed off. 

I was happy with the performance against Well, Liam Kelly pulled off some worldie saves, they results happens sometimes. 

Tannadice result and performance was excellent. I wonder what Hibs will do here. Sit in, absorb the pressure and hit us on the counter or will they try stamp their authority and control the game.

Our midfield 3 will be very hard to dominate whoever plays for us. Ayunga up against Porteous could be brilliant entertainment for both sets of fans. Literally anything can happen with that battle. Same with Boyle up against some of our defenders.

With the weather back to normal in Paisley I'm expecting an open end to end game.