St Mirren v Hibs 27/08/22

37 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Which is pretty much what Robinson said in the post match interview on the radio.

He said we let Hibs have the ball in certain areas of the pitch then we hounded them and when we won it back hit them on the counter.

Not sure if we can get away with it all season but it's certainly enjoyable just now. 

Exactly how I saw it before even reading this

Leicester won the Premiership with negative possession 

We had everyone behind the ball on every Hibs attack. They were toothless 

5 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Glorious

Hibs offered nothing other than the Youann sitter. Lots of meaningless possession which Saints lapped up

We passed up a load of chances to kill the game, Brophy x 2, Baccus x 2. But quite happy we missed these sitters in a game we won

Whole team was excellent. Strain and Baccus are quality finds

Dunne just strolled it. So too did Gallagher, Fraser and Tait.

Love Ethan

All great. We’re heading for top 6

Totally apologise to SR. I said my dead cat could do a better job. Very sorry

Carson is too small though 

Saw you at the game bell end.

Did you need a map to find the ground?:lol:

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Porteous has been shite all season. Rocky has been a better player than him. He needs dropped but we have no one to replace him. He won’t sign a new deal for whatever reason so he won’t be at Hibs next season. He also needs to grow up a bit and focus on his own game.

Nisbet still injured and won’t be back until after world cup. 

Do you regret getting rid of Paul McGinn? He could probably do you a turn right now.

PS Thought the ref was ok today considering it was his first game at the top level. Could have issued a couple more yellow cards but thought he had a decent game overall.

Edited by NorthBank

3 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Was looking about for you guys but not exactly sure where you are. Were my parents there? I just assumed they were watching on SMFCTV guzzling wine 🍷 

They sit to the right of us in the row in front. They were there today.

We're in the back row. Meant to come down to speak to you, but got caught up talking to the guys next to me.

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We're in the back row. Meant to come down to speak to you, but got caught up talking to the guys next to me.

We’ll be back if we keep this up  😉

Tynecastle next stop 🍺🍺🍺

Edited by Captain Saintsible

33 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Saw you at the game bell end.

Did you need a map to find the ground?:lol:

25 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Was looking about for you guys but not exactly sure where you are. Were my parents there? I just assumed they were watching on SMFCTV guzzling wine 🍷 

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

7 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

We’ll be back if we keep this up  😉

Tynecastle next stop 🍺🍺🍺

This is quite a personal conversation. But that’s ok. 

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

5 points from 5 games is piss poor for Hibs and that's only thanks to late, late goals against St Johnstone, Hearts and Rangers.

Certainly expected more of them having assembled a very decent looking squad on paper over the past 12 months.

The lad Melkerson, didn't they pay quite a lot of money for him? He could benefit from a loan out and dropping a division to improve. He's only 19 but he's still miles off the level required and that's not just based on me seeing him yesterday.

12 hours ago, houston_bud said:

The two big lads up front - and Brophy when he came on - really unsettled him. He's far too quick to get involved in the nonsense and he's not smart or wily enough to keep composed when that starts. His pathetic dive in the first half that almost saw Ayunga go clean through was an embarrassment. If I was Johnson I'd have hauled him off for that.

It's a shame because he has the makings of a decent player but he'll never get a decent move unless he screws the nut.

I'm sure Robbo will get his head sorted when he arrives on PSC 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Certainly expected more of them having assembled a very decent looking squad on paper over the past 12 months.

The lad Melkerson, didn't they pay quite a lot of money for him? He could benefit from a loan out and dropping a division to improve. He's only 19 but he's still miles off the level required and that's not just based on me seeing him yesterday.

Have they though?  

Good keeper. 

Dodgy back line

Awful midfield

Attack that's held together by one man atm.

There's glaring weaknesses they've done nowt to address by signing a succession of 'project' attackers

12 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Have they though?  

Good keeper. 

Dodgy back line

Awful midfield

Attack that's held together by one man atm.

There's glaring weaknesses they've done nowt to address by signing a succession of 'project' attackers

No, they have not. They are just very good at pretending they are better than they are and getting gullible people to believe it. 

See Porteous, Rocky and Nisbet as case in point.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

5 points from 5 games is piss poor for Hibs and that's only thanks to late, late goals against St Johnstone, Hearts and Rangers.

And they got out of jail against against Rangers with them going down to 9 men

Edited by AW saint

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but one thing I noticed was that we were pretty cute with our sneaky timewasting when we needed to calm things down. Nothing to attract attention, but Marcus Fraser, Richard Tait, and Charles Dunne were sneaky good at delaying throw-ins on the West Bank side. They orchestrated the West Stand ballboys and girls beautifully. Not that I condone such skullduggery. 🫢

Been too hungover across Sunday and Monday to venture into this thread.

However;

Never managed to get into the stadium until after the goal due to the absolute farce at the away end of only opening one turnstile so as far as I’m concerned it was 0-0.

Jake Doyle-Hayes and Joe Newell aren’t it, they’re not good enough to play for Hibs and the fact they were given new contracts last season is fucking pitiful. Will give Campbell the benefit of the doubt due to a decent-ish start to the season but I’m far from convinced.

Kebab Pies - 10/10.

Paisley boozers - 10/10.

Was starting to get on board with Johnson but there’s a few warning signs, hopefully I’m wrong but his comments seem to reek of self preservation and throwing players under the bus.

Also, some of the money we’ve shelled out on players that clearly aren’t going to play or aren’t good enough.

We’ve brought in since last summer (paying fees for the majority); Reuben McAllister, Allan Delferriere, Dylan Tait, Dan MacKay, Elias Melkersen, Momodou Bojang, Lewis Miller, Jair Tavares, Runar Hauge and Emmanuel Johnson and none of these guys are ready to play for the first team.

Why? There’s gaping holes in our team and we’re bringing in kids when probably the majority of them are never going to be good enough.

I know I’m a broken record but chase the Gordon’s out the club asap and start again.

St Mirren were by far the better team and look like a proper Steve Robinson team, Baccus that got the goal looks a good player and so does Ryan Strain.