Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

Remember Tannadice used to be Celtic's hardiest away game.

My first visit was May 1982 to win the league and we got horsed 3-0.

I seen the rest of our matches there in the eighties and only seen us win once.  And still we had thousands of fans locked out due to capacity being reached until tickets were introduced.

I was beginning to feel sorry for United until you looked at the sections left empty that could've been sold. I just don't see the point of this. Doesn't do anyone any good.

Changed days all round.

I think that a lot of the points in here are pretty fair, particularly around the growing financial gap that has plagued the entire game in the last couple of decades.

What I don’t see are any solutions to that problem or suggestions as to what Celtic should do differently. We obviously aren’t going to stop spending money that we generate, and we’re not talking about a club that spends outwith its means either, so it’s quite difficult in my (admittedly biased) opinion to be overly critical. Contrary to some assertions in here, I enjoyed yesterday’s game and I’m enjoying the attacking style of football that we play every week now. It’s as entertaining as I’ve ever seen it. Dundee United were a shambles in that second half though.

Scottish football needs significant change at the grassroots and youth development level. There simply aren’t enough quality young players coming through. And it needs a total overhaul of the SFA, who have run our game into the ground and undersold it for quite some time. It clearly isn’t as simple as blaming Celtic or Rangers for all the game’s problems.

There simply aren’t enough quality young players coming through. And it needs a total overhaul of the SFA, who have run our game into the ground and undersold it for quite some time. It clearly isn’t as simple as blaming Celtic or Rangers for all the game’s problems.

I just want to check I'm understanding you correctly. The reason Celtic and Rangers are so far ahead of the other clubs is that... there aren't enough good young Scottish footballers? Or are you just trying to change the subject?

45 minutes ago, S7C said:

I think that a lot of the points in here are pretty fair, particularly around the growing financial gap that has plagued the entire game in the last couple of decades.

What I don’t see are any solutions to that problem or suggestions as to what Celtic should do differently. We obviously aren’t going to stop spending money that we generate, and we’re not talking about a club that spends outwith its means either, so it’s quite difficult in my (admittedly biased) opinion to be overly critical. Contrary to some assertions in here, I enjoyed yesterday’s game and I’m enjoying the attacking style of football that we play every week now. It’s as entertaining as I’ve ever seen it. Dundee United were a shambles in that second half though.

Scottish football needs significant change at the grassroots and youth development level. There simply aren’t enough quality young players coming through. And it needs a total overhaul of the SFA, who have run our game into the ground and undersold it for quite some time. It clearly isn’t as simple as blaming Celtic or Rangers for all the game’s problems.

Increase the league to 16 and only play each other teams twice., split 8/8. Playing 4 times against the OF only benefits them and to all others is a potential loss of between 18-24 points you may claw back 3 or 4 but most teams will not. Sky requiring 4 OF games could be worked out but all clubs must feature in their home matches none of the Rangers one week Celtic next week. 

9 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Increase the league to 16 and only play each other teams twice., split 8/8. Playing 4 times against the OF only benefits them and to all others is a potential loss of between 18-24 points you may claw back 3 or 4 but most teams will not. Sky requiring 4 OF games could be worked out but all clubs must feature in their home matches none of the Rangers one week Celtic next week. 

Fúck, a league reconstruction debate.  That’s just what we need.

1 hour ago, Eder said:

Remember Tannadice used to be Celtic's hardiest away game.

My first visit was May 1982 to win the league and we got horsed 3-0.

I seen the rest of our matches there in the eighties and only seen us win once.  And still we had thousands of fans locked out due to capacity being reached until tickets were introduced.

I was beginning to feel sorry for United until you looked at the sections left empty that could've been sold. I just don't see the point of this. Doesn't do anyone any good.

Changed days all round.

I had to check that out, but Celtic's 80s record at Pittodrie was far better than it was at Tannadice.

Aberdeen had a better Parkheid record than United, but all in both clubs had a lot of wins against Celtic at that time. More than they lost.

Happy days indeed - football was so much better then - domestic, European, international. In fact Eder himself left me mesmerised in 82.

I suspect United fans don't want you feeling sorry for them. They seem to leave those sections empty in a lot of games - maybe a safety thing due to too many crushed knee caps.

That is literally the perfect season & what every single football club in the world would dream of. This diddy attitude of being so anti-winning really does explain a lot. [emoji23]

I should know better but……….

You realise we “diddies” are not anti winning, we’re anti you and your bigot siblings winning.

5 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Nothing like a guid old fashioned pumpin to get the diddies frothing in their panties about finances, bigotry and the state of scottish fitba.

Well yes, it crystallises all that's wrong.

The fact that it followed immediately after your sister club cemented the duopoly, and further enhanced the already absurd imbalance by reaching the CL has sharpened it all.  

It's our reaction that's actually the rational one.