Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

My brother-in-law is a life long Everton fan from Liverpool. He insists that the majority of Liverpool fans are from outwith the city.
It all depends on how you define fan, but I'd wager there are as many self-identified Liverpool fans in the USA and Australia than there are in Liverpool, let alone somewhere like Ireland.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Is having us all on toast not supposed to be when someone basically posts shite to wind people up? He believes everything he writes, so doesn't qualify for the toast jibe.

TBF he did once post that Celtic's sole European Cup win is the greatest achievement in the history of world club football !

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Pish. “That little exchange there” I was paraphrasing @Monkey Tennis who often says if he was jealous of Rangers or Celtic he would simply start supporting them.

Thanks.  You kind of know I'm right.

We're jealous of those we can't be, not those we choose not to be.

Another point I'm fond of making is that if we decided we'd rather be OF fans, switching would not be a problem.  All the evidence would suggest there's no stringent entrance exam.

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

TBF he did once post that Celtic's sole European Cup win is the greatest achievement in the history of world club football !

Yeah you seemed to take exception to the term unrivalled. You still haven't come back to me to tell me the other team who won every single trophy available to them in a European Cup winning season with 11 players of the same nationality and born within a few miles of the clubs stadium? And the matter as to if it's the greatest achievement is a subjective one however it is still unrivalled ;)

The floor is now yours if you wish to answer

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah you seemed to take the exception to the term unrivalled. You still haven't come back to me to tell me the other team who won every single trophy available to them in a European Cup winning season with 11 players of the same nationality and born within a few miles of the clubs stadium?

A few miles :lol:

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thanks.  You kind of know I'm right.

We're jealous of those we can't be, not those we choose not to be.

Another point I'm fond of making is that if we decided we'd rather be OF fans, switching would not be a problem.  All the evidence would suggest there's no stringent entrance exam.

That’s not always the case. It’s not uncommon to feel a wee pang of jealousy for someone who, say, is spending the next few months travelling the world instead of working.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that's about it really.

It's up to you what you enjoy.  Supporting a side that played in wild mismatches would not be a source of fun for me, but hey, we're all different.

Don't claim that big wins are especially impressive though, because they're not.  They owe pretty  much  everything to huge structural problems in our game.

It’s quite simple, the rest is just noise. 

No club is entitled to win anything but 40 clubs have been effectively excluded from success as a result of all this. 

Nobody is policing anyone but it all seems a bit selfish knowing that all the joy they take from supporting Celtic is completely denied to the vast majority of clubs. 

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Facism isn't really my thing, i like people to be happy and express what they are feeling 

Good to hear.  The last thing we need in Scottish football is discrimination against people on the basis of how their faces look.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No club is entitled to win anything but 40 clubs have been effectively excluded from success as a result of all this. 

Nobody is policing anyone but it all seems a bit selfish knowing that all the joy they take from supporting Celtic is completely denied to the vast majority of clubs. 

So this begs the obvious question: what number of teams is it acceptable to “exclude” from success? 

Because short of an equal salary cap and spending floor for all 42 teams, some clubs have to miss out.

30 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, kingjoey said:
My brother-in-law is a life long Everton fan from Liverpool. He insists that the majority of Liverpool fans are from outwith the city.

It all depends on how you define fan, but I'd wager there are as many self-identified Liverpool fans in the USA and Australia than there are in Liverpool, let alone somewhere like Ireland.

My bil is talking about supporters at their home games.

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

That’s not always the case. It’s not uncommon to feel a wee pang of jealousy for someone who, say, is spending the next few months travelling the world instead of working.

Can you simply just stop working and do the same?

If not, then your example is very different.  I could very simply choose to support your team tomorrow night.  Plenty from these parts will.

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah you seemed to take exception to the term unrivalled. You still haven't come back to me to tell me the other team who won every single trophy available to them in a European Cup winning season with 11 players of the same nationality and born within a few miles of the clubs stadium? And the matter as to if it's the greatest achievement is a subjective one however it is still unrivalled ;)

I was merely pointing out that you're as capable as anyone in posting a well crafted wind-up . There really is no argument to be had. As I have said elsewhere Real Madrid's 5 consecutive European Cups from 1955/56 & Nottingham Forest's run of English Div 2, English Champions and 2 successive European Cups from 1977 to 1980 are clearly bigger 'acheivements' than Celtic 1967.  Sorry if that offends your sense of 'Celtic exceptionalism' but your team will always be the first non-latin club to win the European Cup. Isn't that achievement enough ?  Why the desperate needy desire to be bigger, better, more glorious and more worthy than everyone else ?

3 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

Because in the last 36 years 9 different clubs have won the English league while only celtic and both Rangers have won the Scottish one ? 🤔

30 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Will someone think of the 83 English clubs that have been excluded. 

Just now, kennie makevin said:
34 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I was merely pointing out that you're as capable as anyone in posting a well crafted wind-up . There really is no argument to be had. As I have said elsewhere Real Madrid's 5 consecutive European Cups from 1955/56 & Nottingham Forest's run of English Div 2, English Champions and 2 successive European Cups from 1977 to 1980 are clearly bigger 'acheivements' than Celtic 1967.  Sorry if that offends your sense of 'Celtic exceptionalism' but your team will always be the first non-latin club to win the European Cup. Isn't that achievement enough ?  Why the desperate needy desire to be bigger, better, more glorious and more worthy than everyone else ?

The question i asked mate was the one that ended with a question mark i.e one of these ?

The part in bold would have lost you a million quid on who wants to be a millionaire, you should have taken a lifeline tbh or just read the question properly ;)