Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Is it a good time for a ‘jinky having the diddy fans on toast’ type post? 

Is having us all on toast not supposed to be when someone basically posts shite to wind people up? He believes everything he writes, so doesn't qualify for the toast jibe.

17 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

There was a 9-0 win for Liverpool this weekend but I've not seen anybody saying R.I.P English Football or acting concerned. Instead just people celebrating a top Liverpool performance.

But Celtic win 9-0 & it's the end of the world. No credit given whatsoever for an incredible performance, just excuses & dramatics about the state of Scottish football. 

Why the double standards I wonder? 🙄

This season

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

This little exchange, right here, absolutely nails the reason why Scottish Football is now as dire as it is, in competitive terms. It is precisely because people from Dundee, Edinburgh, Paisley, Inverness and every other town and city in the country DID decide to just start supporting Celtic and Rangers, that things are as shit as they are. People with zero geographical attachment to Glasgow. The reasons are almost always:

A- The Old Firm win most weeks

B- I am a Catholic or a Protestant who does not like the other denomination very much

Decades of this has now led us to the point where we are. Sad, but too late to try and get the genie back in the bottle now. 

Pish. “That little exchange there” I was paraphrasing @Monkey Tennis who often says if he was jealous of Rangers or Celtic he would simply start supporting them.

Went about a foot and a half over your head though.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Too late on the edit. Good to know your auto correct knows your Google searches though. 

Not auto correct, just fat fingers, the j and the k, unfortunately, are right next to each other. 

Just now, Henrik's tongue said:

This season

Pish. “That little exchange there” I was paraphrasing @Monkey Tennis who often says if he was jealous of Rangers or Celtic he would simply start supporting them.

Went about a foot and a half over your head though.

No idea about any of that, but the guy you are paraphrasing has quite succinctly summed up why we are where we are. A great many people have done exactly what he suggests, over the years. Tragic cases from up and down the country who get on buses, trains or ferries every weekend, to keep filling the coffers of two quite grotesque clubs, whilst their local club struggles financially. Probably a fair few fans in the Celtic end yesterday prolapsing with joy are from Dundee themselves. Many probably from Dundee United supporting families.

16 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

From my point of view it's not impressive or enjoyable
that the Glasgow twins benefit from every possible decision 
officials can give so as not to offend or be under media scrutiny
for fear of their private lives being disrupted by morons who support these clubs.

Did you get a Poetry for Beginners book recently or something?

59 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Not auto correct, just fat fingers, the j and the k, unfortunately, are right next to each other. 

For a P&B poster you surely understand the importance in picking the right letter to start "inky". Fat fingers no excuse. 

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My brother-in-law is a life long Everton fan from Liverpool. He insists that the majority of Liverpool fans are from outwith the city.

Fair enough, he should know. But it's probably not as blatant as the arse cheeks.

I have friends and family from Liverpool and have been to Anfield a couple of dozen times over the years, this myth that most people from the city support Everton is precisely that, a myth.

Truth is within the Greater Merseyside area, including places like The Wirral and Birkenhead it's probably about even or, maybe 55/45 red to blue I'd estimate, what the basis of that claim is would probably be based on the fact that, obviously being the more successful club over the decades, in addition to the home/scouse support, Liverpool in addition do attract a lot of fans from outwith the city, from other parts of England, from Wales,Scotland and Ireland not to mention from abroad as well, Everton don't have a great deal of that type of support, hence the slight moral high ground they try and adopt surrounding that issue. 

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

The constant attempts by some folk to police how others enjoy their hobby (because since we’re all fans, that’s all that this is to us) is very weird. Just let people enjoy things

Writes the poster who received no less than 35 red dots for shit-stirring last week on a Dumbarton thread about a Rangers B team game last week.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Writes the poster who received no less than 35 red dots for shit-stirring last week on a Dumbarton thread about a Rangers B team game last week.

How is your racist player these days?

22 minutes ago, G51 said:

The constant attempts by some folk to police how others enjoy their hobby (because since we’re all fans, that’s all that this is to us) is very weird. Just let people enjoy things

Lots of people have contemptible hobbies mate, like celebrating killing catholics regularly. 

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

So i am actually allowed to take enjoyment from yesterdays result so long as i don't suggest it's impressive.

Gotcha 👍

Yes, that's about it really.

It's up to you what you enjoy.  Supporting a side that played in wild mismatches would not be a source of fun for me, but hey, we're all different.

Don't claim that big wins are especially impressive though, because they're not.  They owe pretty  much  everything to huge structural problems in our game.