Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

29 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

There was a 9-0 win for Liverpool this weekend but I've not seen anybody saying R.I.P English Football or acting concerned. Instead just people celebrating a top Liverpool performance.

But Celtic win 9-0 & it's the end of the world. No credit given whatsoever for an incredible performance, just excuses & dramatics about the state of Scottish football. 

Why the double standards I wonder? 🙄

Because the difference in resources is not as yawning between Liverpool and Bournemouth, as it is between Celtic and Dundee United. Essentially years of sectarian fan recruitment and glory-hunting, has seen Celtic and Rangers' supports grow to a level where they outnumber the fans of the other clubs in their own towns and cities. This has led to a massive inequality in money available to build a team. In England the gap can be quite big too sometimes, but even Bournemouth received £200m prize money for promotion, although I believe that is paid over three years? So say about £70m? Once you start getting in to those sort of figures you are able to buy players that albeit are not as good as what Liverpool have assembled, they are usually better equipped to compete enough to keep the scorelines respectable. The difference in resources from the bigotry and glory-hunting doped OF to their Premiership rivals is far bigger in terms of quality.

If glory-hunting arseholes and the religiously bigoted from all over Scotland supported their local teams instead, then we would not be in this sorry state. The same thing happens down south with the glory-hunting, of course, but they are far less dependent on bums on seats to pay their way.

Put simply, it was absolutely no achievement for a team of multi-million pound rated internationals to hammer Dundee United, whilst it was a fair bit more of an achievement for Liverpool to do it. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

23 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Nope. If they were envious they would simply start supporting Celtic. Or something. 

21 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Only glory hunters would do that.

This little exchange, right here, absolutely nails the reason why Scottish Football is now as dire as it is, in competitive terms. It is precisely because people from Dundee, Edinburgh, Paisley, Inverness and every other town and city in the country DID decide to just start supporting Celtic and Rangers, that things are as shit as they are. People with zero geographical attachment to Glasgow. The reasons are almost always:

A- The Old Firm win most weeks

B- I am a Catholic or a Protestant who does not like the other denomination very much

Decades of this has now led us to the point where we are. Sad, but too late to try and get the genie back in the bottle now. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

22 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Because the difference in resources is not as yawning between Liverpool and Bournemouth, as it is between Celtic and Dundee United. Essentially years of sectarian fan recruitment and glory-hunting, has seen Celtic and Rangers' supports grow to a level where they outnumber the fans of the other clubs in their own towns and cities. This has led to a massive inequality in money available to build a team. In England the gap can be quite big too sometimes, but even Bournemouth received £200m prize money for promotion, although I believe that is paid over three years? So say about £70m? Once you start getting in to those sort of figures you are able to buy players that albeit are not as good as what Liverpool have assembled, they are usually better equipped to compete enough to keep the scorelines respectable. The difference in resources from the bigotry and glory-hunting doped OF to their Premiership rivals is far bigger in terms of quality.

If glory-hunting arseholes and the religiously bigoted from all over Scotland supported their local teams instead, then we would not be in this sorry state. The same thing happens down south with the glory-hunting, of course, but they are far less dependent on bums on seats to pay their way.

Put simply, it was absolutely no achievement for a team of multi-million pound rated internationals to hammer Dundee United, whilst it was a fair bit more of an achievement for Liverpool to do it. 

So what you are saying is it isn't an achievement for the likes of PSG and Barcelona to pump Celtic by 6 or 7 but that doesn't stop you from enjoying such a thing when it happens?

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So what you are saying is it isn't an achievement for the likes of PSG and Barcelona to pump Celtic by 6 or 7 but that doesn't stop you from enjoying such a thing when it happens?

It’s not impressive, but it’s very enjoyable. Yes. 

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not a particularly great achievement, no. I'd laugh my tits off if it happened though. Wasn't nice watching it happen to Dundee United, but Celtic? f**k, aye. 

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Not a particularly great achievement, no. I'd laugh my tits off if it happened though. Wasn't nice watching it happen to Dundee United, but Celtic? f**k, aye. 

So the fact about financial gaps don't really matter then and it's just more about the fact you don't like Celtic because if not what you have just posted is just a touch hypocritical.....just a touch

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

So long as i know what is now socially acceptable for me to post

Nobody is saying you shouldn't be pleased, but don't be surprised when others aren't.

It's like sticking your kid's shitty drawing on the fridge and expecting everybody to say how wonderful it is.

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So the fact about financial gaps don't really matter then and it's just more about the fact you don't like Celtic because if not what you have just posted is just a touch hypocritical.....just a touch

I don't particularly like Dundee United either to be honest with you. PSG bumming Celtic in to oblivion would not harm the Champions League, and would not even make much of a ripple in the attention pool of continental football fans. Celtic or rangers being so far ahead of one of the bigger clubs in Scotland to the point where they are scoring a goal against them without reply every ten minutes is severely damaging to the game here.

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Really enjoyable. Hoping for more of the same soon.