Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Welcome to the Celtic match threads, you’ll get used to it. It started off as Dundee Utd v Celtic, and is now Diddies United against Celtic. It’s the P&B way. 

It does seem to be the trend. I did notice earlier the Rangers/Ross County match thread had only 2 pages of posts despite there being a very controversial decision in that match and we are now on 32 pages here in a match where there was no controversy at all, just a freak scoreline.

It is what it is :)

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The Rangers fans are much better at this stuff. Revelling in their role as pantomime villans.

Celtic fans seem genuinely upset and put out that we don't all stand up to applaud their swashbuckling style of football.  

I think it goes back to 2012 when they all thought they were part of the gang.

I think the **** are more accepting that they are part of the lowest rung of social acceptability and at least attempt to enjoy it. 

I think Celtic fans actually believe the marketing that comes out of their Tory board of directors, which is troubling. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I think the **** are more accepting that they are part of the lowest rung of social acceptability and at least attempt to enjoy it. 

I think Celtic fans actually believe the marketing that comes out of their Tory board of directors, which is troubling. 

Nailed it. Essentially Rangers accept that they are a pretty universally disliked entity. Celtic fans labour under the delusion that other people think they are some kind of force for good in the world. 

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Shhh

All part of the plan for keeping them sweet until whatever brother is charge next week dishes out the softest penalty possible for Her Majesty’s footballing 11 

B5435091-5CAE-4052-946F-51290FCEC490.jpeg

Nice poster 

Might get that framed and put on the wall

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It does seem to be the trend. I did notice earlier the Rangers/Ross County match thread had only 2 pages of posts despite there being a very controversial decision in that match and we are now on 32 pages here in a match where there was no controversy at all, just a freak scoreline.

If you have any feelings of affection for Scottish football and the health of its top flight then a 9-0 home defeat from a club in the same league while parhaps not controversial, is clearly a cause for real concern. And it's a far more pressing issue than whether someone was offside or not. 

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Or maybe it's the fact that the game was on TV so far more people saw this game than the Rangers v County game and could comment?

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think Celtic fans actually believe the marketing that comes out of their Tory board of directors, which is troubling. .

‘No one likes us, we don’t care’

vs

’Like us! Please, like us!’

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Nailed it. Essentially Rangers accept that they are a pretty universally disliked entity. Celtic fans labour under the delusion that other people think they are some kind of force for good in the world. 

Well it's the old warring factions of the loyalists vs rebels. Both terms play significant roles in these cartoon clubs.

The loyalists accept and revel in being part of the hated establishment whilst the rebels are deliberately blind to their significant attachment to the establishment as they would no longer be rebels and be just the same as their enemy.

It's getting harder and harder to separate these two entities now. Two cheeks of the same arse is definitely an apt description. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well it's the old warring factions of the loyalists vs rebels. Both terms play significant roles in these cartoon clubs.

The loyalists accept and revel in being part of the hated establishment whilst the rebels are deliberately blind to their significant attachment to the establishment as they would no longer be rebels and be just the same as their enemy.

It's getting harder and harder to separate these two entities now. Two cheeks of the same arse is definitely an apt description. 

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
12 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

See also Real Madrid and Barcelona.

People who do not support other Scottish football clubs, and do not have to suffer their rancidness in their local football stadium eight times a season, often get taken in by it all. People in North America and many down South. There is a misconception that because Rangers are so openly detestable, then surely the club that hates them most must be the good guys. Celtic are just rangers but with much more efficient PR. Celtic at least rolled their turd in glitter before trying to punt it abroad.

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The OF winning by 4 goals at home is not significant, the OF winning by a record breaking 9 goals away from home is. I imagine if it didn't coincide with both Celtic and Rangers making the CL though and it's implications on Scottish football, no one would care as much.