Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

The truth is that human beings like to win and both these teams win most weeks.Man United ,Liverpool and other clubs also have followers from all over the world for the exact same reason.
So you're a glory hunter? Thanks for clarifying.

Just now, Ron Aldo said:
4 minutes ago, Number seven said:
The truth is that human beings like to win and both these teams win most weeks.Man United ,Liverpool and other clubs also have followers from all over the world for the exact same reason.

So you're a glory hunter? Thanks for clarifying.

What’s wrong with that?Winning is contagious and feels great.You maybe should try it.

11 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

And do bugger all to stop it.   Complicity is culpability. 

Spot on. When has anyone in either support stood up and told the morons to shut up when singing about 17th century battles, paramilitaries or anti pope/ anti queen bullsh**? Never so they are all complicit 

7 minutes ago, Number seven said:

more nonsense, you just don't get it. To clarify my position, I accept that both have better players than the rest of other teams and both will win more than they lose. But to completely ignore the truth does you no favours.

Just now, KTID26 said:

more nonsense, you just don't get it. To clarify my position, I accept that both have better players than the rest of other teams and both will win more than they lose. But to completely ignore the truth does you no favours.

I never said I was ignoring the truth.There are many bigots on both teams but as I said originally the labelling of all followers of both teams as bigots is wrong.

4 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Spot on. When has anyone in either support stood up and told the morons to shut up when singing about 17th century battles, paramilitaries or anti pope/ anti queen bullsh**? Never so they are all complicit 

Nobody will ever stand up and say anything on match day get real for goodness sake.These people are usually full of drink or worse.Hospital food is awful.

1 minute ago, Number seven said:

I never said I was ignoring the truth.There are many bigots on both teams but as I said originally the labelling of all followers of both teams as bigots is wrong.

Yes you are correct in that fact but you fail to acknowledge the reason behind supporting these clubs when people live 2,3 4 hour drives away from Glasgow. Your point about Liverpool and Manchester United is correct there are glory hunters everywhere. My point has always been regarding the OF that religion determined the team supported. Not all supporters are bigots and I have never said that was the case. 

21 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I assume based on the team you support are Glasgow/Lanarkshire based. I assume also you have encountered an Orange/Hibs Walk where they have been playing tunes about 17th century battles, paramilitaries and anti pope/queen bullshit.

I would also imagine not a fucking peep left your mouth. Does this make you complicit? No it doesn’t it makes you smart by putting your personal safety first

The first thing anyone can do is to stop singing the songs and taking part but confronting amped up and sometimes tanked up morons isn’t something everyone is comfortable or even capable of doing and if you genuinely believe it is please film the next time you encounter an Orange/Hibs Walk and stand up to them. Also if you can leave details of where i should send flowers too also

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I assume based on the team you support are Glasgow/Lanarkshire based. I assume also you have encountered an Orange Walk where they have been playing tunes about 17th century battles, paramilitaries and anti pope bullshit.

I would also imagine not a fucking peep left your mouth. Does this make you complicit? No it doesn’t.

The first thing anyone can do is to stop singing the songs and taking part but confronting amped up and sometimes tanked up morons isn’t something everyone is comfortable or even capable of doing and if you genuinely believe it is please film the next time you encounter an Orange Walk and stand up to them 

To follow your analogy (interesting that a Celtic fan would play the orange card): Saying nothing doesn't make you complicit - tagging on at the end and marching behind them in silence does.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Edited by Dagdagh

What’s wrong with that?Winning is contagious and feels great.You maybe should try it.
What is it you personally are actually winning though?

Seems like you're hanging on to the successes of a football team to try and compensate for the fact you're a loser in everyday life.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I assume based on the team you support are Glasgow/Lanarkshire based. I assume also you have encountered an Orange Walk where they have been playing tunes about 17th century battles, paramilitaries and anti pope bullshit.

I would also imagine not a fucking peep left your mouth. Does this make you complicit? No it doesn’t it makes you smart by putting your personal safety first

The first thing anyone can do is to stop singing the songs and taking part but confronting amped up and sometimes tanked up morons isn’t something everyone is comfortable or even capable of doing and if you genuinely believe it is please film the next time you encounter an Orange Walk and stand up to them. Also if you can leave details of where i should send flowers too also

Brilliant mate.I think exactly the same.

5 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

To follow you're analogy (interesting that a Celtic fan would play the orange card): Saying nothing doesn't make you complicit - tagging on at the end and marching behind them in silence does.

Hope that clears it up for you.

It’s the easiest analogy to make since it is the most prevalent display of these songs that anyone is likely to encounter however the same applies to a Hibs walk so i’ve edited the post to make it more inclusive of both sets of morons. Hopefully that gets your approval 

And needless to say the second part is stating the obvious 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Number seven said:

That is an outrageous comment pal. Please retract that statement!

I think he's bang on, sport in general has folk with nothing else in their life bar their team, but I know more than a few old firm fans who's entire personality is supporting whichever half, and the vile bigotry that goes with it. It seems these folk are disproportionately more likely to support an arse cheek than any other club.

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

This bigoted card keeps being played by all non old firm fans.It’s boring and lazy as both teams are followed by good people who love their teams.

Your ears are painted on, clearly. 

Sky dubbed out your fans today.

The Scottish media will just ignore it. 

‘Twas ever thus.