FC Edinburgh Athletics Club vs Clyde

We basically have carte blanche to stroll into any attacking position we want on condition that we then produce a rubbish shot or cross. Lyon the worst culprit.

Defending for the goal was awful but a clinical side would have three or four at the other end. As is, we've basically not tested the keeper.

We can't keep fielding 3 centre halves with such poor wingbacks.

On the positives, Grant and Gomis have totally dominated the middle of the pitch.

Embarrassing goal to concede. Peter Grant having a complete nightmare of a game, shouldn't be allowed back out after half time but will be. McLean not having his best game either.

I'd rather we played a back 4 with dodgy fullbacks but more players high up the park, than a shaky back 5 with a dreadful left hand side.

We've had various headers but not actually been that close with them. Lyon, Cameron and Cunningham all delaying shots at times and ending up in worse positions because of it.

After being gifted the goal, Edinburgh quickly realised leaving P.Grant and McLean to have loads of space and time on the ball won't harm them at all.

Such a slack performance with poor individual mistakes all over the pitch. Frustrating as Edinburgh haven't had to do much at all to win 2-0.

Bizarre tactics and subs from Lennon. Get the back 5 and Cunningham as a sole (non-)striker to f**k.

Honestly scunnered again with this lot, Lennon really rips my knitting so much more every season, baffles me how such an experienced manager can be so inconsistent with selection and tactics.

Massive wake-up call as if it’s needed, was obvious we still needed quality in key positions but won’t / can’t seem to do it.

Absolutely gifted two goals but truthfully we should have won that comfortably anyway. McDonald’s miss was horrendous but was summed up by Cunnginham and Allan refusing to shoot which happened time and time again. Truthfully, we could have been there until Christmas and I don’t think we’d have scored. 

I think we’ll struggle against teams that are quite happy to sit in, particularly on smaller parks. Whilst we’ve a bit of pace this year, we lack any kind of height or physicality upfront that could allow us to mix it up when needed. The full backs are obvious weaknesses and I’d have Kennedy and Cuddihy in there when available. Fitness seems to be an issue there though.

Definitely mistakes made with the starting line up too. If the average supporter can work out that Cunningham is nullified as a threat being up there himself then Danny Lennon can too? Allan and Cunnginham next week please. Alloa will be confident.

Bizarre that Jordan Allan isn't an automatic starter for us. Despite being quite diminutive, he's a battler and can hold the ball up well at times. The lack of competent full-backs (through injury and general guffness) really is our Achilles' heel, given a back three of Thicot-McLean-Sula would be a right strong base to build from. 

Echo the comment about Thicot, he looked pretty decent when he came on. Although we weren’t under the cosh during his time on the pitch, or at any point really (which makes the 2-0 scoreline even more annoying). Certainly better than Peter Grant, who I’d have sit out next week. He let the ball bounce far too often.

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

8D6CFF46-3FFB-4F60-AEAD-7A0703CCCF1E.thumb.png.d0843bd691840c52e8db0010892a795e.png

Also, when did this happen (don’t say the 74th minute)?

The BBC timeline has Olly McDonald's close range miss at 75 minutes. Maybe they thought the Edinburgh player deflected it over? Though I don't remember McDonald claiming for a corner.