FC Edinburgh Athletics Club vs Clyde

Careful now, there is actually an Edinburgh Athletics Club who will now no doubt be suing the Franchise for breach of copyright.. 

I note from your illustrious history that in the 1890s opposing teams complaining about the facilities at Barrowfield was one of the reasons Clyde moved to Shawfield. This has, of course, nothing to do with FC Edinburgh or New Meadowbank :whistle

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’ll go 2-1 Clyde with a late Olly McDonald winner.

Alan Maybury's cunning plan to lose all of FC Franchise's home games and win all of the away ones is working perfectly. I'll go for an edgy 1-0 for the away team.

How would Edinburgh supporters rate the view, is it as bad as it sounds?

The views from the 2nd and 3rd row of the stand are ok at best. Unless you’re tall the 1st row is obstructed by the barrier which has been requested to be lowered.
Most of the photos you’ve probably seen on social media are from behind the goals, the views from there look dreadful.
I’ve not personally watched from the standing area opposite the stand, but the main complaint I’ve heard about the view was the dugouts partly blocking it as you’re at ground level.

It obviously means very little for this match but our record in away games against Edinburgh City is staggeringly good; 6 wins and 1 draw in 7 games (well done to David Gormley for missing an absolute sitter in stoppage time of the game that we did draw). The only two goals we've conceded in those 7 games have been penalties.

18 hours ago, David W said:

It obviously means very little for this match but our record in away games against Edinburgh City is staggeringly good; 6 wins and 1 draw in 7 games (well done to David Gormley for missing an absolute sitter in stoppage time of the game that we did draw). The only two goals we've conceded in those 7 games have been penalties.

Can't say I've ever enjoyed a home game vs Clyde. At least there's some data to back me up. I do remember wildly celebrating a Craig Beattie equaliser at old Meadowbank which was swiftly disallowed, much to the hilarity of the visiting support.

For reasons previously stated I will be elsewhere on Saturday.

Giving this a miss as £18 to watch from a different post code is scandalous. Sadly I see falkirk and Dunfermline have already taken decent numbers through but I think away fans should boycott to send a message. Wishing Danny and the boys all the best from afar this weekend.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Giving this a miss as £18 to watch from a different post code is scandalous. Sadly I see falkirk and Dunfermline have already taken decent numbers through but I think away fans should boycott to send a message. Wishing Danny and the boys all the best from afar this weekend.

Totally agree. Let us not forget Alloa Athletic charging 20 quid for a stream. Scottish football is very overpriced for what it actually it is.

11 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Thought you weren’t going? 

17 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Totally agree. Let us not forget Alloa Athletic charging 20 quid for a stream. Scottish football is very overpriced for what it actually it is.

We've never charged £20 for a stream. £20 gets you 4/5 streams.

3 hours ago, Guttenberg said:

What's the deal with the ticketing arrangement? Clyde website says tickets available at the gate but no standing tickets now available to purchase online. Will standing be available on the day?

Could it be that they are not expecting the crowd to exceed the seating capacity of 499, therefore are not opening the standing section?

I know that when they played Cowdenbeath there was a little over 300 there (with a fair sprinkling of Cowden fans) and last night, although it was a minor cup match, the crowd was only 248.

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Could it be that they are not expecting the crowd to exceed the seating capacity of 499, therefore are not opening the standing section?

I know that when they played Cowdenbeath there was a little over 300 there (with a fair sprinkling of Cowden fans) and last night, although it was a minor cup match, the crowd was only 248.

248 is higher than we had at some league games last year at Ainslie Park. But disappointing when it was only a fiver to get in. Saturday will be the first league game this season with PATG available. The credit card machines have finally arrived! 

7 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Everyone knows we will easily take 1000 away fans to every game so this is short sightedness on Edinburgh’s part…

Not disputing that but your home games have been around the 500 / 600 ,mark this season. Is that because some fans are reluctant to travel to Hamilton?