Hamilton v Arbroath

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

First time I've been pelted with coins during an Arbroath game, and I expect it'll be the same for the families around me that got the same treatment.

Really shit behaviour.

Can anyone verify this from our end?

Poor if true and some need to get a grip.

Just now, Theaccman said:

Can anyone verify this from our end?

Poor if true and some need to get a grip.

Aye it happened and a lot of it too. Noticed a wee kid about 7/8 getting hit in the cheek with what looked like a wee tub of sauce, like the ones you’d get out of McDonalds or Dominos 

Plenty of coins too. Whole load of the people at the segregation at Hamilton side on the gear before kick off by look of it. Few bizarre moments and some strange behaviour. Like I said earlier on if that’s the reaction to a bunch of drunken middle aged adults and young kids from Arbroath not sure what would’ve happened if there was a proper group of neds in the away end too

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye it happened and a lot of it too. Noticed a wee kid about 7/8 getting hit in the cheek with what looked like a wee tub of sauce, like the ones you’d get out of McDonalds or Dominos 

Plenty of coins too. Whole load of the people at the segregation at Hamilton side on the gear before kick off by look of it. Few bizarre moments and some strange behaviour. Like I said earlier on if that’s the reaction to a bunch of drunken middle aged adults and young kids from Arbroath not sure what would’ve happened if there was a proper group of neds in the away end too

From where I was sitting,it was the drunken middle age Arbroath fans who were the catalyst to all the bother which led to the fiery atmosphere.

Crazy decision by McGowan putting away fans in there where the young team sit every week and it ended costing them money in having to get Police into the ground.

Mind you it added to the atmosphere when normally Arbroath games at home are a bit "after you Claude".

We were hanging on at the end,but the game should have been dusted long before then.Great to see some of our young all conquering under 18 side start to make an impact in the first team.This crop of kids are apparently as good as The James McCarthy/James McArthur crop and the future looks good if they mature into the first team.

Finally,we had Queens Park fans sitting there not so long ago and there was no hassles with fans even mingling at half-time/full-time.A contrast to today with guys full of the bevvy making a top roaring Richard Hunt of themselves.

What a bizarre experience today, abysmal standard of football, TOB thinking he’s Neuer, bellend fan behaviour. 

Absolutely no need to have all the fans in one stand today, that outcome was entirely predictable, seeing as the last couple of times I’ve been there it’s pretty obvious there’s a section of the Accies support obsessed with opposition fans not even watching the majority of the game. 

Hopefully Tiehi's alright as he's been improving every game. Good back to goal work, seems to make decent runs and had a turn+shot that we haven't seen an Accies striker do for quite some time. Winter was good today, though, especially playing a bit deeper.

50 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

From where I was sitting,it was the drunken middle age Arbroath fans who were the catalyst to all the bother which led to the fiery atmosphere.

Crazy decision by McGowan putting away fans in there where the young team sit every week and it ended costing them money in having to get Police into the ground.

Mind you it added to the atmosphere when normally Arbroath games at home are a bit "after you Claude".

We were hanging on at the end,but the game should have been dusted long before then.Great to see some of our young all conquering under 18 side start to make an impact in the first team.This crop of kids are apparently as good as The James McCarthy/James McArthur crop and the future looks good if they mature into the first team.

Finally,we had Queens Park fans sitting there not so long ago and there was no hassles with fans even mingling at half-time/full-time.A contrast to today with guys full of the bevvy making a top roaring Richard Hunt of themselves.

It was a bit of a dry period between this group and the one that made it to Europe (around four years in age groups), but because this lot are coming in really young there was only really a drop-off in new talent for one season. Still a few more to come from the 06s too. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Good reaction to last weeks dismal display. Thought we more than deserved to win and just slightly annoyed we didn't score at least one more.

Thought the majority played well, especially the forwards and midfielders. Defence looked reasonably solid but they weren't exactly tested much. Still remain to be convinced by Shiels and Doyle and Easton looks like he's towing a caravan when he tries to run but can't argue with a clean sheet.

Was gutted One didn't get a goal as I thought he was brilliant when he came on. If he's capable of that kind of performance at 16 then he's got a big future if he knuckles down and keeps developing.

Just read Campbell's post match interview. What a slavering fud he is.

Must mention the aggro at the segregation tape. Disappointing to see various things being thrown from both sides. Hope that was caught on CCTV as there's no need for it (the person I was at the match with was hit with something). Was embarrassing to see obese middle aged Arbroath fans squaring up to children also. I assume too much drink had been consumed. Hopefully when they sober up they'll be suitably ashamed of their behaviour.

Yeah was quite a surreal experience sitting back and watching it all unfold. 

On ToB… I think it’s maybe just an instant reaction thing I don’t think you actually purposely do that: it’s still frustrating though. 2 reds for him in 5 games, guy is without a doubt a proper class act but his start to the season encapsulates the teams start. Poor poor fare

Great to get that first win, hopefully kick on from here.

Thought it was a good performance overall, got into some nice positions, but lacked that clinical edge. Best performance from Smith so far, still not brilliant was certainly an improvement over recent weeks.

Thought Zanatta looked ok, seemed like he wanted to get forward, definitely some positive direction that we have been lacking. 

One was very good when he came on, definitely a talent there, will be exciting to see what he can develop into, if we can manage to keep him. So hard to believe he's only 16.

Surprised to hear about the throwing incidents, as ive never heard or witnessed anything like that before, home or away. Won't say too much on it, as I didn't see much sitting close to section J. But from I heard it was the Arbroath fans that initiated it, definitely no excuse, as throwing coins etc is definitely unacceptable. 

32 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think today confirmed that having the away fans in section A is a very bad idea (not a clue how much money this actually saves us).

Perhaps worth noting however that the Queen's Park fans were there a few weeks ago and not a hint of any bother. Food for thought.

The club messed that up as well though. There were a lot of Queens Park fans who couldn't even get in the stadium for the first 20 minutes and missed our goal. It is a really poor idea and tbh from what happened today I doubt the club will do it again.

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Good reaction to last weeks dismal display. Thought we more than deserved to win and just slightly annoyed we didn't score at least one more.

Thought the majority played well, especially the forwards and midfielders. Defence looked reasonably solid but they weren't exactly tested much. Still remain to be convinced by Shiels and Doyle and Easton looks like he's towing a caravan when he tries to run but can't argue with a clean sheet.

Was gutted One didn't get a goal as I thought he was brilliant when he came on. If he's capable of that kind of performance at 16 then he's got a big future if he knuckles down and keeps developing.

Just read Campbell's post match interview. What a slavering fud he is.

Must mention the aggro at the segregation tape. Disappointing to see various things being thrown from both sides. Hope that was caught on CCTV as there's no need for it (the person I was at the match with was hit with something). Was embarrassing to see obese middle aged Arbroath fans squaring up to children also. I assume too much drink had been consumed. Hopefully when they sober up they'll be suitably ashamed of their behaviour.

Re the fan nonsense- This is what I thought would be the case, guaranteed to be nonsense from our guys if you give them that opportunity(poor decision whoever made the decision) but guaranteed Arbroath would have their own problems also. 

Alot of respect for the  section A group, just need to know when a line is crossed.

Back to the game we are crying out for an experienced player who can help us see out the game.

Game management as a team was atrocious at 11 v 10. Good to see Smithy have a good game. 

Also I take it from Ranks comments last week re commitment that Mimnaugh was the only target of the shake up given the subs(which I think is harsh)

4 hours ago, lichtiemike said:

What a bizarre experience today, abysmal standard of football, TOB thinking he’s Neuer, bellend fan behaviour. 

Absolutely no need to have all the fans in one stand today, that outcome was entirely predictable, seeing as the last couple of times I’ve been there it’s pretty obvious there’s a section of the Accies support obsessed with opposition fans not even watching the majority of the game. 

This is rich given Arbroath fans behaviour behind the cage required to contain them at times.Laugable.... So many accounts of these guys making a nuisance of themselves at away games also.

Accies fans arent innocent either don't get me wrong but Arbroath aren't these middle aged 'friendlies' that they are portraying.

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think today confirmed that having the away fans in section A is a very bad idea (not a clue how much money this actually saves us).

Perhaps worth noting however that the Queen's Park fans were there a few weeks ago and not a hint of any bother. Food for thought.

We seemed to have a lot more kids there yesterday. Also Queen's crowd was 786, yesterday it was 1,317. I also heard about fans apparently taking drugs on the path at Pollock Avenue.

Congratulations to Hamilton for a well deserved win.
Not my first visit to New Douglas Park but probably my last. That was the first time of attending away games for decades that I seriously considered leaving after 20 minutes.
The segregation arrangements were totally unacceptable. A wee strip of tape and half a dozen stewards between rival groups was utterly inadequate.
The Home fans in the centre of the main stand I’m sure enjoyed the game. Those of us penned into the corner had to endure 90 minutes of aggression and abuse. It was like the bad days of the 70s.
Both clubs need to review their security and safety after yesterday’s scenes

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/arbroath-boss-dick-campbell-furious-27849030

the moronic mewling of a desperate man. It was a stonewall penalty O’Brien made a save that Buffon would have been happy with and if there is ‘anyone who knows anything about football’ that agrees with Campbell they need their head checked.

Got to love that refs should just disobey the rules so a player gets his wages, hope they have also considered replacing water breaks with cuddle breaks and only allowing a goal to stand if the opposition are ok with it.

fud.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

28 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/arbroath-boss-dick-campbell-furious-27849030

the moronic mewling of a desperate man. It was a stonewall penalty O’Brien made a save that Buffon would have been happy with and if there is ‘anyone who knows anything about football’ that agrees with Campbell they need their head checked.

Got to love that refs should just disobey the rules so a player gets his wages, hope they have also considered replacing water breaks with cuddle breaks and only allowing a goal to stand if the opposition are ok with it.

fud.

I agree, most of what Campbell says is, nonsense, I don't read what he says and i don't watch his pressers, I got the feeling a few years back, that what he says is to wind people like you up, just ignore him

Edited by ecto

6 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Congratulations to Hamilton for a well deserved win.
Not my first visit to New Douglas Park but probably my last. That was the first time of attending away games for decades that I seriously considered leaving after 20 minutes.
The segregation arrangements were totally unacceptable. A wee strip of tape and half a dozen stewards between rival groups was utterly inadequate.
The Home fans in the centre of the main stand I’m sure enjoyed the game. Those of us penned into the corner had to endure 90 minutes of aggression and abuse. It was like the bad days of the 70s.
Both clubs need to review their security and safety after yesterday’s scenes

Saw a video on twitter that certainly shows some pretty weird behaviour from the away end also tbh.