Hamilton v Arbroath

That went exactly how I thought it would. Can bang on about what we need etc and we do need a lot, 4 signings is probably needed, but guys are just not doing their jobs. That goal, JT and Scotty Stewart too easy for that guy getting to byline. Tam….. f**k me. We are not at it and all over the place, zero consistency in team selection and players no performing and this is the result 

Also the fact we signed a left back and are playing him left midfield, over Bobby Linn, is ridiculous 

Hamilton off injured, ToB suspended and Low away. When it rains it pours

We are in a rut and it’s going to take some character to come out of it. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

We have lift off. Close to being a really good performance, but still by far the best of the season.

Lawson's top notch when he plays like that, and when Smith starts well he becomes a key player even if his final ball was really poor.

One's development will be interesting as all his attributes and faults are there laid bare and we just need to wait and see if he can make better decisions and have more consistency in his dribbling. While he doesn't look 16, he definitely plays like it (a promising one, anyway).

I will never understand Dick’s insistence on playing a centre-half at left wing. Total waste. All this long ball shite is just killing us, Fosu and Shanks canna headers to save their lives.

Shame if Nicky’s away aswell, by far one of our best players.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That went exactly how I thought it would. Can bang on about what we need etc and we do need a lot, 4 signings is probably needed, but guys are just not doing their jobs. That goal, JT and Scotty Stewart too easy for that guy getting to byline. Tam….. f**k me. We are not at it and all over the place, zero consistency in team selection and players no performing and this is the result 

Also the fact we signed a left back and are playing him left midfield, over Bobby Linn, is ridiculous 

Hamilton off injured, ToB suspended and Low away. When it rains it pours

We are in a rut and it’s going to take some character to come out of it. 

It's been obvious since the end of last season, what was required, we all knew it, but the manager has continued the "if they're no better than what we have, no point signing them" line, cannot believe there wasn't better than what we have out there, if the answer is Jacobs. Donnelly, Hilson and Fosu, i have no idea what the question was.

The fact he played Hancock instead of Linn, isn't the problem, the problem is Bobby is still our best left midfield player at his age

As for Low, fine player, but if he is away, frees up a wage I suppose 

6 minutes ago, ecto said:

It's been obvious since the end of last season, what was required, we all knew it, but the manager has continued the "if they're no better than what we have, no point signing them" line, cannot believe there wasn't better than what we have out there, if the answer is Jacobs. Donnelly, Hilson and Fosu, i have no idea what the question was.

The fact he played Hancock instead of Linn, isn't the problem, the problem is Bobby is still our best left midfield player at his age

As for Low, fine player, but if he is away, frees up a wage I suppose 

Yeah I mean there must be a left and right winger down the leagues that are better than the options we have. I love Stewart but he’s not a guy to take boys on or create anything he’s an industrial RWB. So him on the right and a left back on the left wing then where do you go when you’ve got the ball. Asking McKenna and the striker to do so much. Nobody to run and carry the ball up the park. Corfe seems like a bit of a waste of time if he’s not getting minutes when we’re playing like this, Paterson needs loaned cause he’s not going to play, LD and Hilson not going to make any impact in an attacking sense. Going forward it is so so so so poor. Our loan strikers covered they cracks last season, Bobby not playing when we have the squad we do is just mental 

Starting to have questions over JT too I would be tempted to start transitioning Scotty Stewart into a right back.

35 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Off the pitch?

First time I've been pelted with coins during an Arbroath game, and I expect it'll be the same for the families around me that got the same treatment.

Really shit behaviour.

30 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

We have lift off. Close to being a really good performance, but still by far the best of the season.

Lawson's top notch when he plays like that, and when Smith starts well he becomes a key player even if his final ball was really poor.

One's development will be interesting as all his attributes and faults are there laid bare and we just need to wait and see if he can make better decisions and have more consistency in his dribbling. While he doesn't look 16, he definitely plays like it (a promising one, anyway).

I thought One was good when he was on. His decision to hold off two player and cross was why we won the match, leading to the goal.

Pretty impressed with him to be honest, I don't think you would have made those comments if he was an older player.

37 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

First time I've been pelted with coins during an Arbroath game, and I expect it'll be the same for the families around me that got the same treatment.

Really shit behaviour.

Just embarrassing really. Maybe I’m getting old but nobody come out of that shite well today. Few of they younger guys, and they were all adults, not all of them too by the way, but a few of them just proper scummy guys like 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Really shit behaviour.
That's not good
I thought One was good when he was on. His decision to hold off two player and cross was why we won the match, leading to the goal.
Pretty impressed with him to be honest, I don't think you would have made those comments if he was an older player.
He was good. I like him but re-reading the post I can see why that might not have come across. I just find it interesting from a youth development point of view to watch the mistakes he makes and then hopefully see how he's developed further down the line, as the good parts of his game are so obvious that we could have a proper gem on our hands in a couple of years.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

That's not goodHe was good. I like him but re-reading the post I can see why that might not have come across. I just find it interesting from a youth development point of view to watch the mistakes he makes and then hopefully see how he's developed further down the line, as the good parts of his game are so obvious that we could have a proper gem on our hands in a couple of years.

Agreed. Slotting the goal away would have done him the world of good.