Hamilton v Arbroath

Right now we are looking a bit all over the place, no consistency, loads of changes, players out of position and have been playing games with no striker on the park and it doesn’t get any easier on Saturday. We never won either game down there last season when we were in great form but somethings got to give and that goes for Hamilton too. Looks like we’ve had a similar start….

I know Scott Alan is not fully fit but get him on the park, he looked like our only football player on Saturday, him half fit is a better option than anyone else we have. Also think Shanks needs to play if we have nobody in this week. He had a hard first half v Ayr but he has looked very promising 

Gaston

JT 

Little

ToB

Hamilton

Stewart

McKenna / Gold / Craigen

Low

Linn

McKenna / Allan

Shanks 

Also not making 4 or 5 subs in the one go would be decent too. I cannot be arsed with the utter chaos that comes right after it 

After the way we played Saturday and the fact it’s the last Saturday before pay day I really cannot see many Arbroath fans going down

I think we will get beat because that’s just the way things are going right now. We are in a bit of a rut and I genuinely think we will come good at some point, hopefully Saturday but I’m not overly confident  

We need to shore up the midfield for this IMO so would be tempted to line up a bit more cautious. Drop Bobby to the bench and start with Craigen Low, Alan and Stewart in midfield with McKenna at 10 and Shanks up front. Or even start Jacobs (I know) but we have to get something, anything out of this game.

Wouldn’t be adverse to try something different here like a 3-5-2/5-3-2
Gaston
Stewart little tob hammy hancock
Gold low
Allan
Mckenna shanks
Shores up the back and gives is a bit more support up top, stewart and hancock should have the legs to get up and down the wings

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Right now we are looking a bit all over the place, no consistency, loads of changes, players out of position and have been playing games with no striker on the park and it doesn’t get any easier on Saturday. We never won either game down there last season when we were in great form but somethings got to give and that goes for Hamilton too. Looks like we’ve had a similar start….

I know Scott Alan is not fully fit but get him on the park, he looked like our only football player on Saturday, him half fit is a better option than anyone else we have. Also think Shanks needs to play if we have nobody in this week. He had a hard first half v Ayr but he has looked very promising 

Gaston

JT 

Little

ToB

Hamilton

Stewart

McKenna / Gold / Craigen

Low

Linn

McKenna / Allan

Shanks 

Also not making 4 or 5 subs in the one go would be decent too. I cannot be arsed with the utter chaos that comes right after it 

After the way we played Saturday and the fact it’s the last Saturday before pay day I really cannot see many Arbroath fans going down

I think we will get beat because that’s just the way things are going right now. We are in a bit of a rut and I genuinely think we will come good at some point, hopefully Saturday but I’m not overly confident  

We beat Hamilton 1-0 towards the end of the season, Jack Hamilton scored.

We need to shore up the midfield for this IMO so would be tempted to line up a bit more cautious. Drop Bobby to the bench and start with Craigen Low, Alan and Stewart in midfield with McKenna at 10 and Shanks up front. Or even start Jacobs (I know) but we have to get something, anything out of this game.

Low and Allan as a midfield 2 is a no, Scott Allan is not someone who is going to get around the pitch quickly and breaking up the play. We need to get him on the ball as much as possible and imo he should play in the number 10 role.

I also don’t want to ever see Craigen play left midfield again, it’s a very painful watch. He has absolutely no capability of beating a man and he should be playing in the middle of the park (when he does play) breaking up the play and keeping things simple, that’s what he’s good at. As soon as he starts to complicate his game and thinks he’s better than he is, his game goes downhill drastically.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Totally agree with this point in particular.  It's happened a few times this season now, usually around the 70th minute. 

It's almost like an admission that the initial team selection wasn't right so we have to throw the kitchen sink at it, and it then smacks a bit of desperation. 

Arbroath struggling a wee bit this season. Dont worry you are playing Accies so pretty much guaranteed your 3 points.

We have no goal threat apart from Winter, who is getting little support, midfield is very lightweight and the defence probably the worst in the division, by far

Anytime a team is struggling, they must look at fixture list and think, we need 3 pts soon, when do we play Accies

48 minutes ago, Gayf78 said:

Low and Allan as a midfield 2 is a no, Scott Allan is not someone who is going to get around the pitch quickly and breaking up the play. We need to get him on the ball as much as possible and imo he should play in the number 10 role.

I also don’t want to ever see Craigen play left midfield again, it’s a very painful watch. He has absolutely no capability of beating a man and he should be playing in the middle of the park (when he does play) breaking up the play and keeping things simple, that’s what he’s good at. As soon as he starts to complicate his game and thinks he’s better than he is, his game goes downhill drastically.

Yeah, you’re right but I wasn’t suggesting Craigen on the left - just those 4 in midfield somehow, however that wouldn’t work so yeah, drop McKenna into midfield and push Allen up to 10.

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Child friendly pubs in the area around the ground please Accies fans ?

And ticket prices please 👍🏻

Not sure The Vaults allows kids as can be hit or  miss iro this.I have seen kids in there but also watched folk with kids turned away at the door.

The large Function Suite at the ground used to allow away fans but was home fans only last Saturday which was a change from normal.

Bar West,The Peacock & Ivy,The Villa Hotel or Clydesdale Hotel may be your best bet with The Bay Horse a bit further away.

Arbroath's streetwise players verses our mix of unknowns and kids allied to both sides losing strikers from last season equals a low score draw or narrow win for either team.

The Accies bench is basically our under 18 team which greatly impacts our ability to change things although judging by Saturday past,this would be no great difference.

To be fair,we have been okayish up until Saturday which was reminiscent of some of last season's disastrous performances,so a better performance effort wise will be a given.

You can buy tickets online but unlike other clubs,we always have a PATG option...which should be the case anyway at every ground.