Newtongrange Star 2022/23

• 3 months later...

CHRIS KING GET OUT. The guy has no idea what he’s doing. Anyone with an ounce of decency would walk but still he desperately clings on after yet another disaster. We have been relegated and have now lost a third of our league ties and on a points-per-game basis would be 5th. He bottles every important game. Yesterday he played our main goalscorer at right wing-back in the biggest game of the season. Old pals act playing his mates who are garbage. Everyone who comes into the club is via his connections at Dunbar. No tactics or identity every week the same rubbish served up. Supporters have given up and I no longer attend due to him and the club allowing this to continue. 

The dwindling committee are scared to do anything and have no idea how to take the club forward. Invite supporters to sit down face to face in direct conflict with Mr King as if that’s healthy then moan when no one showed up. In Mr Kings own words ‘if I go the players will go, they signed for me not this club’ as he sat next to the club committee in an open public forum. Well in that case take them with you and GET OUT NOW. And before you lot shout me down again, ask any supporter they all want rid of him and have done for a long time.

Edited by Urban123

2 hours ago, Urban123 said:

CHRIS KING GET OUT. The guy has no idea what he’s doing. Anyone with an ounce of decency would walk but still he desperately clings on after yet another disaster. We have been relegated and have now lost a third of our league ties and on a points-per-game basis would be 5th. He bottles every important game. Yesterday he played our main goalscorer at right wing-back in the biggest game of the season. Old pals act playing his mates who are garbage. Everyone who comes into the club is via his connections at Dunbar. No tactics or identity every week the same rubbish served up. Supporters have given up and I no longer attend due to him and the club allowing this to continue. 

The dwindling committee are scared to do anything and have no idea how to take the club forward. Invite supporters to sit down face to face in direct conflict with Mr King as if that’s healthy then moan when no one showed up. In Mr Kings own words ‘if I go the players will go, they signed for me not this club’ as he sat next to the club committee in an open public forum. Well in that case take them with you and GET OUT NOW. And before you lot shout me down again, ask any supporter they all want rid of him and have done for a long time.

X-Men Wow GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Couple of bad games and look who's back! 

5 hours ago, Urban123 said:

In Mr Kings own words ‘if I go the players will go, they signed for me not this club’ as he sat next to the club committee in an open public forum.

If that's true, I agree they should just go BUT I want to see the quote in context first and not just a rant by someone with an obvious agenda 

50 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Couple of bad games and look who's back! 

A couple of bad games? Nitten have lost a third of the league games played and even when they win its absolute eye watering to watch. Ask any Nitten supporter it’s terrible viewing and it’s getting worse.

54 minutes ago, Spyro said:

If that's true, I agree they should just go BUT I want to see the quote in context first and not just a rant by someone with an obvious agenda 

So a supporter cannot call it as they see it without it being an agenda? What a load of utter pi*h.  Chris King said exactly those words in exactly that context at an open meeting which the committee management and supporters attended. The committee sat back and took it without reply. It was a threat, if you sack him he will make sure the players will walk away. After that the supporters decided not to attend any further forums, and no one showed up at the last one. 

Players are contracted to the club, not the manager. If he was to leave the club tomorrow players couldn't surely just up sticks and leave, they would have to see out the remainder of their contract with the club or be transfer listed for a fee. A new manager coming in might not even want those players anyway and would be happy to cash in on them and pull his own side together.

If Chris King did say this about his players, its a bit of an arrogant statement to make and I can see why this threat would hit a nerve with nitten supporters. 

1 hour ago, fanfromafar said:

Players are contracted to the club, not the manager. If he was to leave the club tomorrow players couldn't surely just up sticks and leave, they would have to see out the remainder of their contract with the club or be transfer listed for a fee. A new manager coming in might not even want those players anyway and would be happy to cash in on them and pull his own side together.

If Chris King did say this about his players, its a bit of an arrogant statement to make and I can see why this threat would hit a nerve with nitten supporters. 

That guy probably isnt a nitten supporter just at it same as the boy on the leith athletic one probably the same guy

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2023 at 10:24, fanfromafar said:

Didn't work like that at Syngenta.

Was at the game yesterday. Really enjoyed it. You've a fantastic set up. One of the best I've seen. Just a shame your performance was a bit insipid. Hope you get up.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Entertaining game, probably WW best performance of the season, maybe WW were just better on the day. 

Undoubtedly. Welfare well worthy of their win

45 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I can see why the poster is frustrated though as its certainly a blow for Star promotion hopes. 

A big step up the table for the Welfare. Another tough game on Tuesday against another promotion hopeful.

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I can see why the poster is frustrated though as it’s certainly a blow for Star promotion hopes. 

It doesn’t help when the halfwit Nitten coach was all over the social media channels mouthing off and having a go publicly at the Welfare for not playing the game at very short notice a couple of weeks back. I’m sure the Welfare didn’t mind the extra motivation of being labelled as scared of Nitten. Classless and clueless. 

Rumour on the street is that the Nitten assistant coach was finally sacked this week for his embarrassing behaviour every week. Then today the manager Mr King had to be physically held back by players from fighting with supporters who were calling for his head. Not a committee member in sight as usual. Goodbye and good riddance to both, a dirty stain on the history of this once great club.